Sign in to follow this  
funkee

Unguided bombs & CCIP bombing mode

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=71514&highlight=CCIP

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard311/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=80;t=75555;

CCIP (Constantly Computed Impact Point) is one of the bombing modes where pilot doesn't need to lock on target (clip1

. It may be used with unguided bombs like Mk82/84 (USA) or FAB-250/500 (Russia). It was a cool feature in Falcon4
, LockOn (clip), or even Battlefield 2
, and I wonder if this is implemented also in ArmAII? :386: Edited by funkee

good question. can any 1 confirm the exact munitions u can load onto a jet? are there JUST LGB's or are there 'dumb' bombs also? if no dumb bombs is there an aimer to free fall the lgb's? thanks

There are "Dumb Bombs" on the CAS varient of the AV8, as far as i know the only way to deploy is by manual release.

There is no CCIP afaik at present...

...the only way to deploy is by manual release. There is no CCIP afaik at present...

but CCIP releasing is manual as well :) Is there an impact point on the HUD?

Battlefield2 doesn't have CCIP. At least not in that clip that you showed.

is not exactly, but CCIP-like. would be quite enough for ArmAII.

There is no impact point on the HUD in arma 2 with mk unguided bombs

I hope so. Jets are almost useless without CCIP. I've seen guys dive bomb like a WW2 stuka to get accurate bomb drops. Its ridiculouse really, like having M16 rifles without sights on them. Somebody please fix this.

Sorry when i say manual release, i was referring more to a manual aiming. I cant see anything on the HUD which would indicate a release point. Having CCIP would definatly be a plus, but with practice its not bad dropping the mk82's you just need a bit more practice. At the end of the day, if precision aiming is what you want, the LGB's are there for that purpose.

Hopefully someone will eventually look into the way weapons are deployed from aircraft. It would be nice to have CCIP like i said, but also the ability maybe to have a GUI of some sort, where the pilot can input grid co-ordinates (maybe a little pop-up keypad) recieved from an FAC/JTAC on the ground, which would then add a target reference onto the HUD. At least you could get a good idea of target locations then, give you another option than Mk1 or Laser. (Sorry went off on a tangent then, if only we could combine DCS A10C when its released into ArmA 2.)

If you have the mk bombs, you can lock on the target as usual (tab). Fly close to the target a push your nose down until the target is in your crosshair. The target rectangle will change like with any guided missiles and you may release the bomb. 100% hit. :D Same applies to the russian FAB bombs.

I hope so. Jets are almost useless without CCIP (...) Its ridiculouse really, like having M16 rifles without sights on them. Somebody please fix this.
exactly.
There is no impact point on the HUD in arma 2 with mk unguided bombs

if this is a truth I'm really disappointed. Hope somebody can implement it in the future.

The target rectangle will change like with any guided missiles and you may release the bomb. 100% hit. :D Same applies to the russian FAB bombs.

well, this is a greater news :) but still not exactly what i expected :(

Edited by funkee

If you have the mk bombs, you can lock on the target as usual (tab). Fly close to the target a push your nose down until the target is in your crosshair. The target rectangle will change like with any guided missiles and you may release the bomb. 100% hit. :D Same applies to the russian FAB bombs.

But unrealistic and still no impact point...

I had a go at making a dialog that sort of functioned as a CCIP, back in the OFP days. I twas based on the original work of Rastovovich IIRC.

dxdshot1120032575.jpg

dxdshot1120032629.jpg

dxdshot1120032641.jpg

Original thread is here

For any die-hard OFP fans out there, you can download a demo mission here

seems cool but this is a TGT display on the aircraft MFD for laser guided bombs like GBU, but it doesn't match to unguided ones like Mk or FAB.

...if only we could combine DCS A10C when its released into ArmA 2.

this would be fun :D

Edited by funkee

Can't lock on to infantry formations. Thats where CCIP come in. (if we had it)

Arma 2 is simply not able to handel modern jets, not only because their complex weapon systems but also because of the relative short viewdistances and small map size. In my oppinion BIS should leave the jets aside as non-playable support assets and concentrate their efforts on playable aircraft that can be modeled with a decent degree of realism in the Arma world. Prime examples would be COIN aircraft like the OV-10, simple point and shoot aircraft without avionics, that fly low and slow and are STOL capable. They fit a lot better in the Arma enviornment (as playables) than the jets.

true, but A10 and Su25 are not a jets and can carry unguided bombs as well

. besides, an Airfield map is big enough to find (you can use zoom) and take out enemy tanks. i'd love to do this playing mp berzerk :icon_rolleyes: Edited by funkee

Yep. CCIP is a very very important feature. Something RKSL-Rock to work on. ;D

Battlefield2 doesn't have CCIP. At least not in that clip that you showed.

Yeah it does, you just don't know how to use the bombs in BF2.

The F18, F16 and F35-B and the J10 have it, however the MEC's bomb HUD's are a bit too messy so its hard to tell if they have it or not.

CCIP can be done, it's just a matter of getting the arithmetic right. :)

The F18, F16 and F35-B and the J10 have it, however the MEC's bomb HUD's are a bit too messy so its hard to tell if they have it or not.

Not according to that F15 video. Didn't check anything else.

of course it does (at least tryes to simulate CCIP)...

The F18, F16 and F35-B and the J10 have it...

...but there is no F16 in BF2 :)

CCIP can be done, it's just a matter of getting the arithmetic right.

oh really? if so, could you plz do it? I'll love you for this :teeth:

Edited by funkee