Sign in to follow this  
Red_153D

ArmA 2 Buglist - Content related bugs only

All of the modules aren´t works correctly. The civilian live is too small, the carying of wounded personal animations doesn´t even synchronous, the vehicles doesn´t placed correctly on the map and the civilian AI doens´t use these.

AI has big problems with ladders, it is falling down or is beaming from bottom to top etc.

If an playable unit is in cargo of vehicle, or driver, or gunner, and you will switch to this unit, then its not working. If i am an unit in cargo of vehicle (OSPREY), and i will switch to other unit (outside), the game will get CTD.

Edited by Chaos

At russian version from kakkella commander can't build deffense at russian side. & i whant to say very bad & stupid idea what we can't change language at the menu to english. Vey bad very bad.:mad:

Another issue with penalties in MP.

If you are in the driver's position of a vehicle being airlifted and the pilot flys too low and you hit an object, you are penalised for killing any other players in the vehicle.

The game assumes that as the driver you are in control of the vehicle- even in the air. So *any* crash is your fault.

- wounded on the roof: when wounded soldiers are calling for medic and lying on the roof, medic is comming to the ladder and beam up; he don´t uses ladder

- all units have great problems with movement on the pier in the harbours

- the periscopes in the east tanks cannot be used to see out

- c4 satchel cannot destroy the Tunguska AA Tank

- there are no satchel charges in russian munition boxes

I cannot find is this problem are known or not.

Russian version ARMA II Patch 1.02 (Updated to build 58134).

- The defence object can not be build for Russian side in warfire based missions (Warfire, Bear rising). If you chose the Russian side in warfire and begin the game, you can't build defence objects such as walls, MG, etc. The defence object does not appear in the game after menu clicking. It looks as though the menu items are ignored by game. For other sides building of the defence structers is available. AI can build defence structers.

Was playing longest day tonight and twice when near the BH the medic symbol came up I was playing corpsman. When pressed it crashed me to desktop. Dunno if been reported.

Arma2 running fine other than that.

winxp 64bit

260gtx oc 8gbs ram 2.4 quadcore.

sorry if this has been posted before but there's too many pages to sift through.

dogs of war: siding with independent and now allied with the CDF your AI buddies do nothing even when you order them.

though this seems to happen a lot in this game at key point in the campaign.

The farmer's and villager's shadows are messed up.

Just go into the editor and have a look...

I read through most of this thread, and didn't see what I think is a possible bug.

I set a couple of medics up as a support team, giving them a support waypoint. Once the battle begins and AI starts getting wounded, they request medical support (i.e. HQ --- need medical support at 077061). But, it apparently gets stuck in a loop. The text and radio continues and repeats until the game crashes.

Tried it several times, even called and received support. The medic hauled ass into the middle of a firefight, healed me, and took off. But once another AI group calls for medics, the loop occurs.

Removed the support waypoint from the medics. No problem. Anyone having this problem with AI in a support role?

Intel duo core 3.16 ghz, 4gigs of corsair xms 1066 ram, asus formula rampage, ATI 4870, w/ XP pro.

I read through most of this thread, and didn't see what I think is a possible bug.

I set a couple of medics up as a support team, giving them a support waypoint. Once the battle begins and AI starts getting wounded, they request medical support (i.e. HQ --- need medical support at 077061). But, it apparently gets stuck in a loop. The text and radio continues and repeats until the game crashes.

Tried it several times, even called and received support. The medic hauled ass into the middle of a firefight, healed me, and took off. But once another AI group calls for medics, the loop occurs.

Removed the support waypoint from the medics. No problem. Anyone having this problem with AI in a support role?

Intel duo core 3.16 ghz, 4gigs of corsair xms 1066 ram, asus formula rampage, ATI 4870, w/ XP pro.

Are you running any mods like the latest Event handlers? old event handlers sort of did this to me, clear out any mods then test first (if you have any of course).

Its so disappointing to buy a game and find so many problems with it. Was this game even tested before it was released? Surely not. To play a mission for hours and then not be able to finish it successfully due to a glitch is a joke. I am returning the game and asking for a refund. This game should not have been released.

And this is a bug thread. Where/what is the bug? People, please dont clog this thread wich is here to fix the game for us that enjoy ARMA2.

Also the troubleshooting thread should be used if you have problems. Not this thread.

Note to all that does'nt know how to add a bug report:

If you find a bug in the game then post it here with information that describes the bug. With images, video or a descriptive comment so that BIS can recreate the situation and eliminate the bug. Comments like "Oh this is so bugged..." will not help obviously.

Simplified bug report explanation:

I say you suck - you dont know what to fix. (Bad bug report)

I say your spelling suck - you know where to start improving. (Better bug report)

I say your spelling suck cause you write too big letters - you know exactlly what to work on. (Good bug report!)

Please let's keep this thread this way so BIS actually have info to work with, and not posts with unnecessary comments they have to scroll past. It's tiring for me alone to do so and i can understand if BIS abandon threads all together due to the ammount of pointless posts.

Thank you.

PS. I dont like to play forum police but i posted this as a heads up to all of us that enjoy this game and want our bugs squashed. ;)

Alex

Edited by Alex72

GEAR MENU inside vehicle with AI

Player as squad leader inside vehicles (AAVP/LAV25 etc) can not chose an AI and bring up the GEAR MENU to rearm/give the AI new weapon (F-button then "6"). Sometimes AMMO comes up as an option in the button "6" menu though. But not all the weapons/ammo in the vehicle show in the list - and the most important GEAR MENU does not show.

Maybe you dont rearm inside a vehicle IRL because of safety reasons or location of the ammo/weapons wich will need hauling from man to man until the correct guy gets it? I dont know the procedure tbh. But if you do arm/rearm inside a vehicle then check this out BIS. Thanks.

Alex

I've found a bug that is not on your list regarding the UH1Y Venom M134 turrets..

If you want to have only M134 available on UH1, first reduce all ammo to 0 with setVehicleammo 0.. when you start adding magazines for M134 only the left (crew chief) gets the ammo and none for right turret (door gunner). Also if pilot uses manual fire for UH1 only the left turret will shoot. Havent tested this with other choppers yet....

the choppers seemed to be having a go at me tonight :(

helilol.th.jpg

that was stuck there, in that position with rotors still going.

On another server my mate jumped in a helicopter and I followed him, I couldn't get in though and the rotors weren't spinning in my game but my mate on ventrilo said they were.

Then the chopper flew off into the sunset with no rotor blade movement or sound, was really wierd lol

Hi there, i don't know if this is listed but i didn't see this. This has happened different times in MP:

I was gunner in T72/90 and looked at enemy/friendly tank and did a right click. Then the sight switched some cm above, but fired at the same angle. Then i have to move my mouse down, just do another rightclick and the sight switches to normal view. Everytime.

And again like ArmA 1 told me: Don't drive against/over small stones, but fortunately the tank landet on the right side :) http://arma2base.de/content/images/flieg_mein_junge.jpg

Tried readingthrough this list so some may (most likely will) have been mentioned.

Driving a tank at speed, hit a wall or a small pebble it seems, tank liable to somersault 60 feet in the air and land on it's roof, most annoying.

When using fast travel, soimetiimes it is not the most reactive to clicks and you open a map marker, then it starts travelling, You cannot close the map marker. Once at destination, it is obviosly waiting for text in the map marker and for it to be closed, but you are in 1st person view so the keyboard is effectively dead. Only option to alt-tab and start again.

Spawn points for vehicles. In the 'Dogs Of War' when playing CDF base, the AI puts factories near buildings. Hinds spawn in on buildings and are so broke before you can break them. I have had a T-72 literally drop out of the sky and land on a team member, killing him and ending the campaign.

Capturing towns. When the myself (blue) and the NAPA lot (green) are in a town to capture, it just stalls as they cannot work it out. Only option to kill the allied side.

I can smash into stuff happily with a tank, but quite often, bump into a wreck at minimum speed and die.

Also when loading a saved game, the muzzle flash on T-72's PKY and DShKM guns are lit, even with no ammo left and stay lit like a beacon, which does affect 3rd person nightvision.

I loved OFP, and the in depth campaigns, this one just seems too short, and I would still love to play 'delaying the bear' without using 'endmission'

I do hope this game will get patched to become enjoyable, as it is I have to save about every 5 minutes just in case. CAn we have a 'quicksave' option in the meantime?

Edited by stealthbanana

Not sure if this has been addressed already but the rocks need to be looked at, I've noticed that almost all of the rocks if you hit them in a vehicle they will launch you in the air. I can't count the times I've tried to avoid the rocks and hit them by mistake in a T80, M1 or AAV or whatever and I get sent flying into the air almost to the point of flipping over. The worst part I feel is that the rocks are not even that big at most, so there's no realistic aspect of this reaction when colliding with the rocks. I would much rather have the vehicle slam to the hault then end up like a rocket ship.

mussle flash animation appears to get stuck on mounted machine guns - after the weapon has stopped being fired. happens on the hummer and UH-1 from what ive seen.

mussle flash animation appears to get stuck on mounted machine guns - after the weapon has stopped being fired. happens on the hummer and UH-1 from what ive seen.[/Q

I have also seen this. Reloading saved game doesnt solve it either.

I got that after a while, while playing in muliplayer the bug i have makes the sound completely fast, or lighter. they sound like they speed up everything.

It also affects teamspeak.

Hello ... I've spotted some nasty bugs with Mi-24P Hind and i have a question about AH-1Z rotor. I'll post them into here. Hope you can read my writings and understand them. If they already been posted, please don't blame me for that :blush:

bug1.jpg bug2.jpg bug3.jpg

There's other one thing which bothers me. While I fly UH-1Y, i enjoy when i watch how main rotor responses on my movements. When I turn into right, it also bends into right, same is with other ways. But AH-1Z's rotor is always static. And I don't like that. It doesn't responses on my movements, and sometimes I have feeling the AH-1Z was just imported from ArmA1 and rewarded with Sidewinder rockets. Also when AH-1Z lies on floor, it's rotor isn't bended down like as a UH-1Y's rotor.

Greets, SmukY

Edited by SmukY

Men/soldiers:

The left arm has another position in the animation as in the stances if you are holding a weapon. This happens if going from any stance to proned position. All soldiers/people holding a weapon like an AK-107 or a RPG Launcher.

The left arm is jumping from holding the weapon to the ground if you are moving fast (-> animation) in any direction but forwards while in proned position.

The two bugs seem to be bound the weapon you use. Please confirm.

Edited by LeadCommando65

Sorry I won't go through the whole thread to see if this was reported already, but:

- Some weapons do not allow aiming them with the right mouse button but only with the "optics" key and only if it is bound to a keyboard button (didn't test other mouse buttons or joystick button, but right mouse button definitely doesn't work). Right mouse button does work for "aim down sights" for some weapons though (mostly infantry weapons).

- Some weapons (like the humvee's TOW) seem to have crosshairs even in expert mode.

Latest off-topic posts deleted, lets see if we can keep it on topic now. :)

Planck