Sign in to follow this  
Red_153D

ArmA 2 Buglist - Content related bugs only

I love this game. But a few bugs really get me. 1, when I go into Welcome to War, and buy an ACOG mounted rifle. I can`t reload after buying it, and when I click to fire, I throw nades till they are depleted, and then it seems I can load and fire the rifle.

As well, I can`t select any inventory it seems. As in, I can`t switch between using either a nade OR rifle.

When I start a mission as the squad leader inside cargo of an LAV, the crewmembers will not turn-in (close the hatches). They just sit up there and get chewed up by enemy riflemen. I tried to set my squad to combat, but that didn't work. This was a mission I made myself.

The loader in the M1A2 TUSK won't turn in. also, if you are the commander and hit the "Swap gunner" key, it doesn't take you directly to the main gunner.

Edited by arthur666

Vintorez bug

That's not a bug, you're using it wrong.

The Vintorez is a sniper rifle that uses subsonic ammunition. Its bullets travel much slower than normal so they fall much further over distance.

Accordingly the scope is calibrated for where the bullets will hit at the distances shown on the rangefinger. A sniper rifle would be useless calibrated for close range.

"Too many virtual memory blocks requested" error, causes CTD.

I have 4 GB memory, on Vista.

The church in Novy Sobor can be destroyed with hand grenades and collapse immediately after contact with hand grenade.

Sound Engine

The sound engine flaws/bugs with sticking explosion sounds and the "mono" 1st/3d person rifle fire. I have tried to explain this a couple of times and decided to make 2 videos instead. Have got this confirmed by sound modders in our community so its not my sound card that is the culprit. These are serious "bugs" that i dearly hope BIS manage to fix as they are very hard for me and others to live with. Makes it very confusing on the battlefield not to mention unrealistic. ArmA1 did not have this problem so i hope this is easy for you guys to correct.

"Mono" sound when firing your weapon looking left to right.

Sound source is not from the weapon but in both ears no matter how you turn your head:

<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9DZsMYStKg&hl=sv&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9DZsMYStKg&hl=sv&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>

"Sticking" explosion sounds. When turning your head the sound follows instead of being locked to the source.

Explosions are in the village:

<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPNLDlX37Ws&hl=sv&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPNLDlX37Ws&hl=sv&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>

Regards

Alex

Edited by Alex72

Glass through glass texture

The Glass texture of this glass seen through the door's glass doesn't show it's texture. (look at pic.)

th_arma22009-07-1022-50-57-82.png

SU sound is pointed out hundreds of times mate.

And SS9 please can you stack your post up a bit so its easy to read? Imagine having to read through all of this...

Just try keep it tidy people and check what has been posted so posts arent drowned for no reason.

Thank you.

Alex

Edited by Alex72

Had an instance of a ground segment (approx 10x10m) rising approx 5m above its normal position.

Was playing in a self made Chernaraus mission, with just myself (an AA soldier), and 3 choppers (KA52 normal&black and MI24v).

Shot at one of the KA52s flying towards me, and it crash landed in the corner at 103135. Immediately the ground segment rose, the chopper going up with it. Chopper fell off shortly after.

Alex72 says this has happened regularly whilst using bombs/arty in this area - probably easier to reproduce than my scenario.

Pictures (AND mission to reproduce) in originally mentioned thread:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=79580

Edited by whopper_with_cheese
edit in bold

Bullet proof leaves!

zH5dKwPatbU

Edited by Banano

Noticed a bug thats a problem. Was on server and crashed to desktop yet my player name was still connected to server as i crash so when i went to rejoin you see

brit~XR connecting <--- me connecing

brit~XR disconnected <--- name i used when i crashed to desktop

The problem was i got stuck on wait for server even after reconnecting 5times then rebooting pc. So i changed my name to Rob my real name and i connected in 5secs but was unable to connect as brit~XR after crash to desktop

Happened quite a few times to loads of people geting stuck on wait for server no matter how long you wait now i finally see the problem

using the wreck chopper today, just getting the hang of bringing wrecks back to base and when hovering over the wreck repair I switched to 3rd person vehicle view then as soon as i release the wreck either the game crashes or bsod

Hello. I noticed AT cannon bug - it has no any shells when you build it and you cant rearm it. At the first time I thought that its happening in multiplayer warfare mode. But i tried it also in editor, always i did it AT cannon was empty. ARMA Reinstall helps for sometime but then it repeats itself. The problem is that the other static buildings as stinger or TOW launcher are all fine. What could it be?

drawdistance doesnt take effect between 2500-4500 to max in multiplayer. no effect on distance you see. you cant even see 1000m . the ground after it appers tobe map-like- with no buildings or structures or mountains etc. i use winxp 32bit -winxp -memset2047 and evga sli patch. other specs below.

Edited by purkka_FIN

drawdistance doesnt take effect between 2500-4500 to max in multiplayer. no effect on distance you see. you cant even see 1000m

Already posted and known.

I noticed this at night, but it might happen during the day: The men with green face masks have no heads from ~200m+. Sometimes zooming in on them with a scope helps.

Already posted and known.

Cmon guys please go through the bug thread before posting this. It clogs up with dual entrys.

Hello. I noticed AT cannon bug - it has no any shells when you build it and you cant rearm it. At the first time I thought that its happening in multiplayer warfare mode. But i tried it also in editor, always i did it AT cannon was empty. ARMA Reinstall helps for sometime but then it repeats itself. The problem is that the other static buildings as stinger or TOW launcher are all fine. What could it be?

Sorry about that. It seems that i didn`t install hotfix for Vopsound mod which solves the problem. That was known bug too.

I was the pilot in an AH-1 and my gunner was firing the cannon at infantry. When I swiched to manual fire mode I couldnt change the weapon on the helicopter to rockets or anything else. After I got my gunner to stop engaging the infantry I could. Hopefully this can be fixed.

Chopper shot down with me as a passenger. Pilot hits respawn before the chopper crashes and I get the negative points for killing a passenger - but I wasn't the pilot.

This happened three times in MP tonite.

Anyone else seen this?

Bugs I found:

1) one time thee was a bug when a land near me was firing ! with huge fire and a smoke. when i move mouse (look) to another side, another square of land was firing with huge fire. and so on. where eber i moved a saw a huge fire near me.

2) GRAD is functioning very ,very and very strangely. Aiming doesn't work in a first person look. Besidezs this, it is firing not like in real life. A shot from GRAD in real life can fly MANY kilometers, but it game i see it exploding in the air! Very "realistic" game! ....

3) "crcti Warfare" crashes game (maybe it's warfare author's error in code)

4) bugs with positions of text input field for chat for different interface sizes

5) when building a factory in warfare, it is possible to chose very big angle of terrain and so some space between ground and factory becomes visible and you can get UNDER the factory. It can be fixed by making huge (high) basement for buildings or restricting angles between terrain and factory

6) very crazy translation into russian ;) (it's for Akella)

7) roots of fallen huge trees are passable without hitting them... not like in real life, and also, fallen trees are passable like they don't exist... not reallistic... you'd better dig them then..but not make crazy passable objects

8) in the fields we can see round stacks of hay, and they are solid like a rock! fantastic!.....

9) houses are too easily destroyable. especially brick houses... not realistic.

10) I have Windows XP 64, Creaive SB Audigy 4, latest driver for it (for my OS), latest windows updates incl.DirectX, and got crazy sounds in game. I mean, when there are several objects close to each other that are "hearable", the sound gets very bad quality... crazy sound...

Edited by McArcher

I dont know if this one has been reported (cant be bothered trawling back through the thread) but ive noticed that quite often when i send a medic to heal one of my squad, once he's finished healing he just seems to be stuck to the spot in a crouching postion & wont respond to any orders or follow me etc, yet he responds over the radio! Ive discovered that if i select him & tell him to stand up it unsticks him & he starts moving again, but half the time gets shot when he stands up!

I read that the AI parachute jumpers aren´t able to steer the chute along a path. So is the HAHO jumping in group not possible.

I dont know if this one has been reported (cant be bothered trawling back through the thread) but ive noticed that quite often when i send a medic to heal one of my squad, once he's finished healing he just seems to be stuck to the spot in a crouching postion & wont respond to any orders or follow me etc, yet he responds over the radio! Ive discovered that if i select him & tell him to stand up it unsticks him & he starts moving again, but half the time gets shot when he stands up!

That happens to me as a player too. The animation doesn't end properly, I just sit there until I manually get up.

Do you know the BIG HAND SYNDROME? Units which uses handsigns, becomes gigantic hand. This hand is looking like a mutation from the other world or like a Baseball glove.

Edited by Chaos

I found a small bug in the very beginning campaign. When you start the very first mission, I noticed that when you go through your gear, you are equipped with the Russian RGO frag grenades rather than the M67 frag grenades that you should be carrying.