Sign in to follow this  
Red_153D

ArmA 2 Buglist - Content related bugs only

(Patch 1.02)

-can ride on top of amphibious apc but can't get off

-a medic healing at a chopper causes crash (may happen with other charecters aswell)

Hi. I am not sure if this is right spot but I see no other place and I don't think this deserves own thread.

[steam version 1.02.58136, Windows Vista Ultimate 32bit]

Wireless 360 control pad bindings reset after exiting the game. So basically I have to re-input all the controls for my flying whenever I stop playing and it gets annoying.

Sorry for bothering anyone with my issue. :confused:

Fix the AI, the Campaign is horrid, my guys can't do anything without my taking over and doing it for them. The AI is horrid and that was one of the points you stress in your advertising of the game features...

1. AI crashing the trucks into static objects

2. Not hitting the ground when enemy is firing at us

3. Disembark issues with team member not taking gunner position after you send others to disembark, team mate not taking the driver seat after you disembark the driver and ask another member to enter vehicle. (at least give me a command to switch them then so I don't, I'll hold there hand once again if I have to)

4. Sniper is not really a sniper, his range seems way to limited.

5. Campaign not a smooth story, more of a headache and countless retries due to Team AI being a pointless part of the team. (I'm guessing that's why you built the option to switch team members. Why not spend time on making them useful to a "combat/war simulator")

Direct2Drive.com version. 1.02.

RIP MJ::butbut: Look at his face and arms.

fa9d5e53d3.jpg

Cerberus::confused:

8cd229ef93.jpg

Glass glitch: If you shoot rifle through window from inside of the store, its rpm is increasing about 1,000 rounds/min. There was no FPS change before and after shooting.

e560d9d7e4.jpg

Edited by ArmedAnarkie

a bug I experienced this morning made me laugh. In the mission Razor Two after getting dropped off by the chopper (I did order everyone out before I got out). One guy stayed inside the chopper until it had reached about 20m in the air and then he decided to exit the vehicle... The result was instant death for him followed by a failed mission for me as a result of unacceptable losses. Surely that's not right?

The "carbonite bug" is still in 1.02 58134

carbonite.th.jpg

did anyone mention that the Black USMC men should have white eyes, not brown.

High Commander's menu doesnt work if you join a mission in progress or respawn.

Armed Anarky: you never read the forum rules did you? No images over 100kb. They will be removed if you dont change them soon.

---------------

BUG:

When an AI used the Laser Designator i missed everytime with my Harrier. This didnt happen to me in 1.01. Now i did not test super much in 1.01, but i tried once or twice and AI manage to lase for me. It might work in 1.02 as well but this event i tested 3 times and miss every time. And i noticed that when testing the LD and move it over objects it looks like it "sticks" on the edges of certain objects when moving past them. Maybe thats why i missed.

See the image below that when i move laser over certain objects it sticks to that object and i have to keep moving left for it to leave (stop lasing) that object. Didnt do huge testing wich i will when i get home soon.

LD_stick.jpg

Alex

Ground textures flicker at night looking through NVG's thats awesome! cant see a thing and it just flickers. OH yea!!! also..... leaves on trees and bushes apparently are made of bullet proof material. and bullets of course can not pass through paper thin leaves. i can see a guy right behind a bush and half his body is sticking out and i'll unload a clip accurately on him and it just does a "Bullet hitting a leaf" effect and wont hit him behind the bush. thats cool as well!

Edited by DFA_Graywo1f

Ch-29 : zero speed after a short flight.

-vdJgAJEgJk

No addons / 1.0258134

The AI spots you even if they shouldn't be able to see or hear you. There are many examples:

- I was replaying a mission and I knew where a certain enemy was (in the beggining, first mission). I just have gone prone and crawled all the way until I had him on sight. No noise, but as soon as I could see him, he droped on the ground and rotated n my direction! (this happens many times).

- My character spots enemy soldiers and tanks that I can't see or hear. It's as if the line of sight ignored the buildings in front of me.

- I got to a building's edge, slowly, leaning, no noise... As soon as I could see the enemy, he instantly knew where I was and rotated in my direction.

The AI spots you even if they shouldn't be able to see or hear you. There are many examples:

- I was replaying a mission and I knew where a certain enemy was (in the beggining, first mission). I just have gone prone and crawled all the way until I had him on sight. No noise, but as soon as I could see him, he droped on the ground and rotated n my direction! (this happens many times).

- My character spots enemy soldiers and tanks that I can't see or hear. It's as if the line of sight ignored the buildings in front of me.

- I got to a building's edge, slowly, leaning, no noise... As soon as I could see the enemy, he instantly knew where I was and rotated in my direction.

Agree

Yes, this happens to me tons of times. I wish the computer voice wouldn't say anything unless I could really see the AI in my sight. Half the time my character announces that there's a man ahead of me somewhere and there never is, or he's behind a building or something. Kinda ruins the fun.

another big problem..... there is some kind of LOD bug with all the vehicles.... i usually have my view distance high like 3500 meters and after 250 meters or more vehicles disappear!?!?!?!?!?!? may be around 300 meters but when i hold down right click and zoom in they will re appear untill around 500 meters. :(

In the editor, the Ambient Civilians module doesn't work properly - game is crashing when I'm approching the spawned civilians.

Also there are crashes when the civilian is trying to greet me. If I play with a BLUFOR/OPFOR soldier everything works fine, but if I play with a civilian - game crashes. (v.1.0258134)

Bug found;) V.1.02 58134

they are wearing a MTV.

cf70abbc77.jpg

left man's body armor changed otv.

59bfc149e7.jpg

f23db301c5.jpg

sry my badEnglish.

Edited by Tommy88

i just recently got a error message saying

Cannon create 3D device:

Adapter 0 (NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS 512) Fullscreen

Resolution 1680x1050, format X8R8G8B8/A2B10G10R10/D24S8, refresh 60Hz.

Error D3DERR_OUTOFVIDEOMEMORY

system

patch 1.02 build 58134

E8500 stock

8800GTS 512

Nvidia 186.18

XP Pro x64

8Gigs Ram

using

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -maxmem=2047 -cpuCount=2

as shortcut..

buggggsss!!!

Sound Engine

-Test shoot javelin at a tank and when explosion sound is played - turn your head left and right. You hear the sound is not from the location it played at but is following your ear you heard it play out on first.

-Shoot any weapon in first person and turn your head while shooting. You dont hear the shot sounds "from" the weapon but in both ears no matter how you turn your head.

This was not in ArmA1 and must be a bug. Serious one as well. Very serious.

Save Games (Suspend "Exit Game)

-When playing a game you have 1 save in (for example Stiff's excellent SP game Sieze Zones) you cannot decide to just exit the game as it will SAVE on exit and overwrite your game. You have to play it to the end. Go away for work or dinner etc is not possible and will sabotage the game.

We need a normal EXIT without saving the game please. :)

Regards

Alex

Edited by Alex72

basic training bugs:

- shooting range guy gets into loop and keeps saying that I suck and if I want to try again

- captain Shaftoe gets killed by some invisible assasin during the AT training

Ship training bug

Alexander Hitch keeps asking "where are you shooting?" or randomly says "too bad, you missed" even if a player hits everything.

APC doesn't engage correctly :

I've tested without any mods 1.02 version.

- make the test in the editor and put three LAV-25 Vs three BMP 2, they engage each other pretty badly, often resulting in idle stance especially the LAV-25s who doesn't engage well armored target and when it does, it's with the machine gun.

God, eighteen pages???

Ok I'll keep this brief.

When you are riding the mountain bike in first person, no player shadow is cast.. just a bicycle. It's fine in 3rd person though.

Save Games (Suspend "Exit Game)

-When playing a game you have 1 save in (for example Stiff's excellent SP game Sieze Zones) you cannot decide to just exit the game as it will SAVE on exit and overwrite your game. You have to play it to the end. Go away for work or dinner etc is not possible and will sabotage the game.

We need a normal EXIT without saving the game please. :)

Regards

Alex

there are multiple save slots now (I think 10), so when you load the mission again it will load the last save; but just click revert and it will bring the load menu up. Then just select whatever one you want

su-35 has no engine sound when you're sitting in the cockpit.

And now I come to think about it, I can lie prone using a sniper rifle, shoot someone in the head and it has no effect. I've even tried shooting them in the face just in case they have some hitherto unknown awesome armoured helmets. NPCs were only taking damage when I shot them in the chest. 10 rounds in the head, no effect... 1 in the body and instadeath.

Go figure

Edited by TechnoTerrorist303

How about the fact that women characters are USELESS?

They can't drive, they cant shoot guns...

I wanted to create a Super Bitch Patrol and equip all those women characters with pistols and snipers and have them ride bikes around.

Like a Tarantino movie.

Is there a way to make them playable.. rather than just moveable?