Sign in to follow this  
Red_153D

ArmA 2 Buglist - Content related bugs only

I don't read all the message but on a French forum I made a list of the bug I will post it again here :

- In the town where there are some big factory, when you destroy the 2 towers of each side, there is the part in the middle who stay in air.

- The menu artillery or Helicopter disapear and never appear again after use artillery or don't respond to the answer of the helicopter.

- You can't destroy or pass with the tank on haystacks in the fields

- sometimes IA gunner in Tank always lock a target who don't exist...and forget ennemy target during combat.

- The IA driver are very idiot, they never stay on road or sometimes they make some round and never obey to the order stop or advance...

- The wheel of hummer stay left or right when you jump before the car stop, and after you have some difficult to restore direction of the wheel.

- When you shoot in a part of the UH1 (but not in the cabin where troops are) the transported troops dying without reason.

- A lot of error in the traduction in French...like "près du bourge de Gorka..." instead of "près du bourg de Gorka..." bourg(e) is a rich man :D bourg is the name for village. And a lot of error but it's too difficult to remember all.

- When you are injured in a vehicle, you can't go out and you dying without help.

- Poor grenade effect, when you shoot a grenade in a group, some guys are not injured even if the grenade explode just near of them.

- A lot of scripts launch at the same time and the communication block without obtain all the informations. And during conversation you can't select team.

- And a boring sound, when you are injured, you always listen the sound of the guy who groan like a child...^^

Apologize, if some bugs are already write in other messages.

Edited by napalm002

Enemy AI can shoot through buildings. thats neat! :confused:

ARMA2 simulates bullet penetration very well. Big caliber go through most everything except thick concrete houses. Concrete corners of houses is not protection from high caliber (vehicle MG's like 50cal etc). If your inside a wodden shed and get shot - well that is very realistic especially since most of the times AI squads have machinegunners with them pumping the shed you ran into - if they saw you run in there (big possibility they did in'it).

Check again please and try recreate what you did and if you find out what - post exactlly what weapon and what material it penetrated. ;)

Thank you.

Alex

Hi,

The BTR-90 HQ has opaque windows, you cant see out of them to drive it. Making driving impossible when not in 3rd person mode.

regards./

Press button "0" on numpad to use optics.

Not a major bug but an annoying thing that i'd like fixed. On the map all mountain and hill heights are written over the mountain/hill name making it very hard to read without zooming all the way in.

(patch 1.02)

Ability to turn textures off when viewing the map/zooming into map (?) <<< question mark becuase I cant find it if its available.

On helo jump bootcamp mission I here no sounds apart from distant plane, no wind/no clothing flutter effects as im falling (1.01/1.02). Only get ambient sounds kick in much closer to the ground.

The construction bootcamp mission, after I place, destroy and remove a base item and then its prompts me to exit the construction menu to continue I cannot exit the menu, it pops back up and I cannot go any further (re tried numerous times, re-binded key and still the same).

Edited by mrcash2009

Version 1.02. TrackIR software 4.1.037. Vista Home Premium 64bit SP2.

TrackIR bug.

When I start the game with TrackIR running in the background, the TrackIR works as advertised.

If I quite the game and then start another game, say IL2, the TrackIR works as advertised.

If I then quit that game and return to Arma2, the TrackIR fails to work even though the blue light on the TrackIR unit shows the game is recognising it. It continues to fail to work even after restarting Arma2 multiple times and checking that the TrackIR is enabled in the controllers.

I check my config file and notice that the TrackIR flag has been changed from 1 to 0, so I change it back and restart. But again TrackIR fails to work. I check that the TrackIR unit is working within the TrackIR software and all seems fine. I start up IL2 again, and the unit is working just fine. In short, the only thing that gets the TrackIR to work in Arma2 again is to reboot the system.

The Javelin target cycle (tab key) does not work right,plz fix.

---------- Post added at 02:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 PM ----------

also I noticed in MP the AI some lay prone on ground w/there guns pointed to the sky...v1.02

Does anyone else have the problem that when you tell your units to get into a vehicle the player just issues the 'rearm at' command and your units subsequently can't be ordered to get into any vehicle?

(Patch 1.02)

-Bug

Both Makrov and Makarov SD Pistols' aiming center is mis-aligned in ironsight view.

AI infantry won't fire at the enemy inside some buildings. For instance, The International Hotel, the L-shape corner restaurant from OFP.

-Other suggestion

Glasses affect on ballistic in some building might need to be tuned. For example, the International Hotel, Super market.

* Switching to another unit does not work anymore if players "charakter" died.

* G36 aimpoint still missing (since 1.01b)

* PG7V and PGVL still share the same model when loaded into RPG

* T72 gunner optics has no "frame" like all other armoured vehicels

* Skoda car is unaturally strong...it can destroy most cars by impacting and still drive on.

*Kamov 52 has a ridiculous slow speed, maxing out at 250km/h.

*KH29 Missiles fired at high speed from Su34 are to slow...they seem to stand still relative to the Aircraft.

I encountered a bug whilst doing the Badlands mission, I think its related to the save-game feature.

I had a squad consisting of the 3 regulars, 1 sniper, 1 AT and 2 riflemen. I had just captured Stary Sobor and so the game had saved.

Afew moments later I had to revert back to that save. I did a status check and two of my men reported being at Grid 00000, when saying this they was a very strange broken noise as they prouneced the 0. They however were not at Grid 00000, they had vanished in all but Radio contact.

v 1.02

Edited by Demonofloom

A weird bug crossed my way during a night attack on the Utes island...

bugglitch.th.jpg

bugglitch1.th.jpg

It seems that it affected only units illuminated by a light source. It was visible only when I moved really close or zoomed in.

The lights on T72 have problem, there are two light (In front of the tank and the other on the canon), but just one make light in the dark not the two light.

The lights on T72 have problem, there are two light (In front of the tank and the other on the canon), but just one make light in the dark not the two light.
This is not an Bug. It is supposed that way. The other one is a IR spotlight for the driver, without any function in ArmA2.

AI gunner in a Mi-24P (whilst in manual fire mode) kept switching me to rockets from the twin 23mm whilst targeting a Humvee. Thinks he knows best does he? shells are cheaper than rockets...

Well have bug in save game and then crash system on server 2003.

( My conf - Core2Duo - 2400 , 4 memory, 8600 Nvidia (186 driver) - disk from Akella and I upload game screen -

715e1739871335.gif 9f551f39871337.gif 6555c039871338.gif 3831cc39871342.gif 1ea33f39871343.gif

This problem Has begun after safe (autosafe) near the old city.

Edited by alexey-fox

In the campaign (only see this happen on and off).

If I switch to graphic setting while playing, I select to expand the advanced options and nothing happens. If I then switch back to the game from the menu the blur which comes up when you look at menus stays on the screen. To remove this I have to revert or select "save" then this clears the full screen blurring.

---------- Post added at 09:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 AM ----------

I just noticed a strange effect on some ground textures. Usually the rocks should appear to be 3-dimensional (although they aren't of course), but here they are flat, and the whole texture seems to warp.

Please have a look at this video (16MB).

Only the rock texture is fubar, but the sand on the road seems fine (EDIT: No, its also different than in 1.01, just not so obvious). This particular video was taken on the hill N of Utes airfield.

That bug wasn't there before, just came with 1.02. I tried changing a lot of settings, but that didn't help anything. I have Win XP and a Radeon 4850 with Catalyst 9.6.

I can also confirm this.

I´ve found this problems:

1 - Bolt Action Sniper Rifle reloading: For example, when i shoot the M40A3, since it is a bolt action rifle, i can´t see the animation of the bolt being pulled back after the shot.

2 - Ladder climbing: When i climb a ladder, near the end, i still climb a little out of it, sort of an invisible ladder.

3 - Casualty dragging: When i equip a rifle, like the M16A1, and then drag the casualty, everything goes ok (i can shoot, drag, etc.), but when i equip an handgun, like the M9, i try to drag but i can´t move nor shoot nor the gun appears. You can try it on the Boot Camp.

On coop campaign missions we've been experiencing the following message in the hint part of the screen (top right):

null task array

Not sure if anyone's noticed but it seems when you look through the gunsight in the BMP it sticks that sort of tint-ish, filter on your screen as if you're looking through the scope but when you come back out of scope, the tint stays on your screen unless you restart the game...

Not tried other vehicles yet but I've had it a few times now with the BMP.

Just to update this, it seems to be when in the BMP, if you're looking down the sights of the BMP and die or respawn while looking down the sights, the effect remains on your screen until you restart your game.

AI can not see (and shoot) through the windows of the open houses that you can find in most cities...

My version is 1.02, i don't know if this bug is present also in the previous versions.

Edited by Federico 76

whenever you climb to the top of tower in main airport, not the air control tower, on the other side of runway...you get to top but cant move around like your stuck to the ladder or something

- One can eject from a Predator UAV (maybe from the russian one too?)

- The team switch option does not work after death (I know it has been posted before, but it is so frustrating that I have to note it again)

I was just playing Domination online and text came up "Climb over obstacle" , because i wanted to get over a tall wire fence and i was teleported out into infinite land!!