Sign in to follow this  
Red_153D

ArmA 2 Buglist - Content related bugs only

BMP: the section of the tracks that are in-contact with the ground are somtimes below ground level.

some obstacles when on the "challenge" obstacle courses as animals stop you from moving.

when driving though fences they somtimes fall back on your vehicle.

when driving into trees they somtimes fall under the ground level so you cant see the fallen section.

sorry for no screens

I dunno if it's a bug or a feature but it needs to be changed..

On attack helicopters if the pilot swiches to manual fire before the gunner gets in only he can fire the primary gun, if the gunner fires he will only waste ammo but nothing will get shot from the helicopter.

Also, gunners on attack helicopters can't lock on with missiles only with the turret.

New land mass on utes thats is empty and untextured

No sound from pit in su34

I just noticed a strange effect on some ground textures. Usually the rocks should appear to be 3-dimensional (although they aren't of course), but here they are flat, and the whole texture seems to warp.

Please have a look at this video (16MB).

Only the rock texture is fubar, but the sand on the road seems fine (EDIT: No, its also different than in 1.01, just not so obvious). This particular video was taken on the hill N of Utes airfield.

That bug wasn't there before, just came with 1.02. I tried changing a lot of settings, but that didn't help anything. I have Win XP and a Radeon 4850 with Catalyst 9.6.

Edited by Brainbug

(Patch 1.02.)

No sounds from pit in su34 I can confirm.

Distant sounds are far too near sounding (xfi extreme gamer here). EDIT: FIXED - needed to enable EAX/SMSS in card settings

Plus distortion on vehicles near (engines) and fly overs if the volume slider is anything more than or on 50 percent. I have to set to 40 percent to un-distort.

Sound menu EAX/Hardware acceleration sliders missing.

Needs a separate volume slider for voice commands (not radio) far too loud, and its tied to effects volume.

Setting the key option "back" to anything other than default backspace will not show the menu. I use this to set the menu under my middle mouse button to access 1-9 menus via mouse quickly it cannot be done at the moment.

Edited by mrcash2009

(Patch 1.02)

Here are some Problems that i found so far:

1. Postprocessing Effects are still enable, even after a Restart of the Game and even if they are deactivated in the Options. You have to set them first to Low and than back to Deactivated before they realy deactivated. If you want to play without Postprocessing Effects you have to do that Procedure after every Start of the Game.

2. The Box for the AntiAliasing Settings in the Options is deactivated and cant be used.

3. When You have FSAA activated (in ArmA2.cfg) the Shadows ingame are gone. If you set FSAA back to 0 (zero) the Shadows are back.

4. The 8GB RAM Problem ist still there.

Very strange (bug???) in the mission editor. I cannot remove exported SP missions. Once they are exported even deleting files form the HD does not clear them from the list. They just remain playable. Where the heck does the game store this info. Even search does not find anything.

I cleared user-made content from the Documents folder and game folders (both missions) seem to be empty anyway.

This is under Vista.

Edited by Törni

(patch 1.02)

my biggest concerns:

• driving group AI in convoy mode in safe mode on roads still somewhat messy (difficulty setting 'Veteran')
  • script errors still not displayed in the hint window
  • FindCover returns nothing (Nullobject)
  • various stonewall 3d objects at DevilsCastle have wrong collision/firing cylinder shape, cant shoot near of them despite clear LOS ! example screenies )
  • chopper AI still often too aggressive(?) pitching down resulting in a crash in nearby slopes ahead.

others:

• new waterbodies (lakes, ponds): IsSurfaceWater=false; SurfaceType returns type of the ground below.
  • x FadeSound y seems broken, only 0 or 1 for y seem to be a valid state -> no fading effect at all (since 1.01)
  • car horns not audible on different machines in MP mode
  • no more SP respawns possible ? player cant TeamSwitch to another playable unit after death in SP mode - introduced in 1.02 ( bug or feature ??)
  • chat input line partially overlap with message outputs - introduced in 1.02

suggestion:

• option for widening and loosening AI formations - a must have feature for the currently brilliant state of the game, isnt it ? ('very tight', 'tight', 'normal', 'loose' and 'very loose' comes to mind, whereas 'tight' seems to reflect the current situation i'd say.)

Edited by Wiper
added issues

Could you please report all individual hardware / technical problems somewhere else? This buglist is rather content (models, textures, config) related. Thanks.

Right now I'm veryfing if any of the already confirmed bugs were fixed in the latest patch. I will update the list soon.

Found them finally. Editor clearly is not placing the files(saved as Single Player missions) in the right place under Vista. I located the files manually in:

C:\Users\"username"\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Pro gram Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\missions

Seems editor saves Sp missions in a XP compatible folder.

Text chat is blocked by previous comments, text box placement incorrect.

I get no sounds in the SU-34 also.

BM-21 Grad optics are unusable, can't see anything with them.

Pchela-1T looks odd when you're flying it, you can see your body if you look down far enough.

Still getting the occasional 'AI soldiers walking through fences' bug.

The driving sounds are really odd, if you are going slowly, the engine sound is inaudible, but speed up just a little and it gets louder very suddenly. This is on all vehicles.

The mouse response time slows considerably if you zoom in far enough in the editor, it's as if the cursor is in a pool of glue. :p

Overall though, very good game, no game-stopping bugs for me so far.

I get a blurry picture when exiting the menu in-game. I have to go back into the menu and then back out to fix it every time I exit the menu. Also, I think I am getting that FADE protection. The picture gets this wave effect. At first i thought it was from running too much, but it never stops. I have to restart the game to make it go away.

thanks

Minor bug. The pile of logs by the side of the dirt road over Green Mountain aproximately 275 metres north west of the tower is floating in mid air.

Coloured circles:

Have you noticed the coloured circled in the sides of your screen, and when you turn about there is something there? It was in Arma1 also. I'd always see a white blurry circle in the sky before I saw a plane or chopper. Anyway it seems:

Empty vehicles, civiliants and wildlife: White blur circule

Enemy units: Red blur circle

Friendly units: Green blur circle

Its quite an immersion killer when there are coloured blurrs all over the sides of your screen, showing you where the enemy is (especally useful in multiplayer PVP, but not at all fair).

Never saw anyone reply to you. That is not a bug but a feature for raising ones SA (Situational Awareness). Where seen enemies leaves RED blobs so you "remember their position", friendlies leave GREEN and civilians WHITE. It can be a handfull to remember a big battlefield of units all over so to enhance your SA you have the blobs. They have been around many years. ;)

Alex

Minor bug. The pile of logs by the side of the dirt road over Green Mountain aproximately 275 metres north west of the tower is floating in mid air.
There is another flaoting log pile at the dirt road west of Nadezhdino, in 053101.

Hi all this is my first message in this forum....

Yesterday i make a Coop Campaign with my friend. We start with the intro were the man was blow up in the church. then we co on the air carrier and after we press ALT and move the point of viwe without moving our soldier he say us that we complete the objective but after that in the loading the monitor remain dark and we must exit from the game. This happens for three time so we can not continue the campaign.

Is a note bug? :(:(

Switching 3d to 1st and back when parajumping (freefall - deploy chute) stops the steering function. Also it seems to automatically change from 1st to 3d when jumping.

Founded bugs after installing patch 1.02 (only in the editor)

1. Sometimes radio call loops. (4. hold...1. Roger...4. hold...1. Roger...4. hold...1. Roger...)

2. Triggers sometimes not work

3. After a unit heals another units (First Aid Moduls) the healer unit stays for few minutes and don't move.

4. Sometimes CTD when i copy and paste in the editor

5. When the player is in cargo, the vehicle sound is laggy (BTR-90 etc)

6. Civilians sometimes stay as models in front of houses (using civilan modul)

7. ...to be continue :)

Simon C

The driving sounds are really odd, if you are going slowly, the engine sound is inaudible, but speed up just a little and it gets louder very suddenly. This is on all vehicles.

Good on you mate, was bothering me too...

This just the way the new soundengine works, or more to the point its actually the sounds they put inplace for increasing the throttle. When you hold the throttle down it starts playing a loop, the problem is the loops don't seem to have a smooth enough transition so when you put your foot to the floor it starts playing at full volume, which of course sounds very strange, instead it should be faded in slightly so its less noticable.

This could be fixed in a patch for the default sounds, but it really doesn't matter I forsee lots and lots of sound addons for A2. Before with the old game, alot of people including me found only having 2 'engine' sounds very restricting, this put alot of people off bothering to mod I think....

But this time BIS have given us 20 odd engine related sounds per vehical, slightly less for aircraft but when you compare this to Armed Assault which had 2 sounds per vehical or aircraft its certainly a BIG step in the right direction :).

So the short of it...We'll get some awesome sounds finally making it into games soon via community addons. But for now I'd encourage people to really 'listen' to the game and report all sound bugs/probs too, people get so wrapped up in AI or performance issues the sound become an afterthought :(

There is another flaoting log pile at the dirt road west of Nadezhdino, in 053101.
Snap

Also Sounds just stop with your back to a vehicle noise theres no fade out, leading into a softer sound.

I find it really annoying that squad leaders have some kind of magic hawk eye that allows them to spot enemies 500 meters away on the other side of a mountain and they immediately send the squad to engage them so half of the squad breaks off from the formation gets lost and totally ruin the flow of a mission since I have to wait half an hour till they finally return and we can advance again.

Hi,

The BTR-90 HQ has opaque windows, you cant see out of them to drive it. Making driving impossible when not in 3rd person mode.

Also the crows have straight legs :) and you cant shoot them.

regards./

I found a bug which i have sometimes when playing in multiplayer... there is an extreme big firewall at destroyed vehicles.... i made a litte clip of it... whatch it and see what i mean...

d9e3f-4.jpg

Regards Culti