Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

ArmA2 Demo Release Today - 2PM GMT - 3PM CET - 6:00 AM PST

demo demo demo... today or tomorrow is just EXPECTED.. I just hope it comes at least tomorrow... DEMO DEMO DEMO! :D:D:D

I'd say a (few) multiplayer mission(s) on Utes, and some basic training maybe.

Still testing, be patient...

Listen guys they want it to be bug free so people will buy the game. Its better in the long run if they take their time as there will be more players in the full game :) we (the people who simply want the demo now) are a minority and they need to get the majority on board that won't really care if its a day or two past what they said.

Now go play outside :) you'll need the fresh air stocked up for when the real game is released and you will be playing way to many hours a day on it!!

As this game ships in the UK this week, there's not much point is getting the demo (assuming you live in the UK and you've pre-ordered it, that is).

2GB; that's just crazy;

Im DL`ing the game from one of the German webshops today, could anyone link a site were i might patch it to ENG version? :)

Thanks

I believe they're making a smaller section of Chernarus for the demo, at least that's what I gather from this post:

Demo will be released next week, I expect monday or tuesday. We are now testing it, as we cut a lot of data and landscape it's quite difficult to not forget anything. Size will be around 2 GB.

Still testing, be patient...

Take your time. The demo must be perfect without any glitch.

It must be "a tour de force", otherwise.....

Listen guys they want it to be bug free so people will buy the game. Its better in the long run if they take their time as there will be more players in the full game we (the people who simply want the demo now) are a minority and they need to get the majority on board that won't really care if its a day or two past what they said.

Exactly.

If they decide not to take the opportunity to show us some of the new AI features - urban maneuvering, Micro AI, etc. - but instead gives us some fucking multiplayer missions, I'm going to be miffed... :(

oh comon man its not going to be today.. then 2 GB is just too much to spend on a demo, just wanted to see how it runs..

Yes, dont rush it Guys. Broken demo 3 days before release date wount influent sales the way You want to. But if it's top notch then bring it on! :yay:

Sooooo buy the game then and you wont have to be so angry cause of left out elements wich i forsee will be a fact. Unless its a timed full game demo (wich i seriously doubt - too easy to crack for the hackers) so the option is to limit all the juicyness that makes ARMA2.

I wonder what kind of connection most of you have since alot of people whine about the 2gb. Its nothing for a modern game.

Take your time. The demo must be perfect without any glitch.

It must be "a tour de force", otherwise.....

Exactly.

"perfect without any glitch" will be a little tricky methinks; it needs to be JUST good enough to get any people sitting on the fence to buy it.

I wonder what kind of connection most of you have since alot of people whine about the 2gb. Its nothing for a modern game.

it's not the connection.. its the download limit i have in my f'd up country.. I can only download 35GB a month and then i have to pay extra or smallband. Im at 93% already so 2GB is a killer

What has all this Kindergarten-Fuzz to do with Arma 2 Press Coverage ?

Maybe it would be a smart move to create a "Arma 2 - The upcoming demo" thread, later renamed to " Arma 2 - The demo" ?

Well ohara announced the possible lauching data here.

But agree maybe it's time to create a sticky for demo.

it's not the connection.. its the download limit i have in my f'd up country.. I can only download 35GB a month and then i have to pay extra or smallband. Im at 93% already so 2GB is a killer

Damn that is a bummer. Where do you live?

As far as I remember with ARMA were two demos. One MP and other SP. I don't remember which one was first.

Belgium the worse part is, i have to pay 60 Euro's (around 52 dollar i think) a month for it... and if i done my 35gb they charge me extra, being so that internet requires updates sometimes, that also adds % to my limir :O i really hate that.

That's not bad. Here in the UK its not uncommon to have a 10-20GB cap. Luckilly I have no cap atall - but you pay for it big time!

ArmA 1 demo had 2 single missions, and a helicopter training. :D

I wonder if you can max out the grafics in the demo. Allthough i got a fairly new machine i still like to see how far i can push her with arma2