Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

ArmA2 Demo Release Today - 2PM GMT - 3PM CET - 6:00 AM PST

That review sounds like he needs to take some ex-lax and try again.

I'm not near the "hard core gamer" he claims to be, yet the demo ran nicely for me. I went straight to the box I was told to get weapons from.

He is correct. consoles are limited to action keys, so lots of things are left out for consoles.

Also, with his lanquage used, I'm guessing he is 14-15 yrs old.

Your friend needs holidays, and tons of relax...

The "mouse smoothing" thing seems semi-common complaint. I've never noticed it really, it was just part of the whole 'realistic military simulation' thing. Like heck you can turn 180 degrees in a split second while carrying a combat load and still maintain your balance / be ready to fire. And a "hardcore gamer" who takes 5 minutes to find boxes in the vicinity of the guy speaking to you? Brilliant.

Either it's an awesome troll, or BIS ought to take out a patent on their revolutionary technology that keeps people with nothing useful contribute to anything from entering the community surrounding their games.

wow your friend must have anger management issues..

No.

Seems like your friend is waiting for the "perfect" game. I gave up a long time ago on that.

Nah, just a "good" game without any intentional screw ups. The fact is that 6 of us were planning to LAN together and we were going to buy 6 copies of the game to coop for a couple of days. Now we'd have to play something else.

The hope is that the developer receives the feedback and does whatever they want with it, hopefully changes some stuff.

Also, with his lanquage used, I'm guessing he is 14-15 yrs old.

The article is not intended to target any of you personally. Leave your retarded comments for yourself.

Edited by evideus

The hope is that the developer receives the feedback and does whatever they want with it, hopefully changes some stuff.

With such a language, your friend won't get far... I think you should keep trying the game for yourself, remap the keys as you see fit and enjoy this globally great game for what it is (a huge military sandbox full of promises) and not bash it for specious reasons (the salute key ? the big ammo box in front of you ? come on).

There are indeed flaws in the game, but the ones your friend pointed and the way he did it make HIM look bad, with all due respect.

Ahhh boohoo the game wasnt exactly what he was expecting! that really is a crying shame. And did your friend actually refers to that as a review? you should tell him that a review should be unbiased and assess both the positive and negative aspects of its subject.

Anyway maybe next time you could suggest he writes his views down on a piece of paper, rolls it up nice and tight and then jams it up his arse?

With such a language, your friend won't get far... I think you should keep trying the game for yourself, remap the keys as you see fit and enjoy this globally great game for what it is (a huge military sandbox full of promises) and not bash it for specious reasons (the salute key ? the big ammo box in front of you ? come on).

There are indeed flaws in the game, but the ones your friend pointed and the way he did it make HIM look bad, with all due respect.

Keep in mind he didn't post it for the developer, he posted it for us, his friends. I personally found it funny.

And no, he's not looking bad, he's a good-looking devil who'll be making epic games himself soon.

Ahhh boohoo the game wasnt exactly what he was expecting! that really is a crying shame. And did your friend actually refers to that as a review? you should tell him that a review should be unbiased and assess both the positive and negative aspects of its subject.

Anyway maybe next time you could suggest he writes his views down on a piece of paper, rolls it up nice and tight and the jams it up his arse?

I'm sorry, did you expect an official review of the game? Ahh boohoo, too bad. He didn't like it and that's enough for me and his friends not to buy the game. Moving on to the next which won't be a crying shame.

Edited by evideus

Fine then, he didn't like it, no need for you to stick around defending his honour now is there?

Everyone move on please to something worth bothering with :)

Fine then, he didn't like it, no need for you to stick around defending his honour now is there?

Everyone move on please to something worth bothering with :)

No need for you to insult it in the first place, is there? Unless your life is that insignificant you'd rather post something negative about the character who wrote the review, trying to discredit it by accusing him of whatever bs you come up with, instead of focusing on something worth discussing, like WHY he didn't like the game and how can developer make the game better for everyone. You're being hypocrite.

The guy who wrote the article posses a sense of humor, and if you break it through your thick skull, you might even laugh at some of the things he wrote, it is funnier than most of the game "reviews" I've read.

Please do move on to other things, cause I don't think you have something valuable to contribute to the discussion.

Well I'll say something "constructive" about the review.It's the most useless piece of garbage posted on this forum in some time and that's saying something with the influx of bad intended people joining this forums.Disregarding the idiotic profanity and trolling the guy pure and simply has no business joining this community and I welcome him to play his "hardcore" worthy games that suit his twichy mouse perfectly.

In the meantime "poor" BIS will continue it's legacy of making games that sold millions of copies worldwide got GOTY awards and military contracts based on it's inhouse engine that for 10 years it hasn't been surpassed in many of it's core functions and us non-hardcore gamers will continue taking pleasure in playing them.

"The absolutley horrific voice acting" is actually one of the great advancements in modern gaming that made possible realtime situational radio communication possible,instead of limited voice scripts that corespond to more or less a dozen situations all other modern games feature.To voice act each and every line possible in Arma 2 would probably take a ~50 gb audio library.

"The interface is completely unintuitive."

OK?Seriously?I've played the original Operation Flashpoint when I was 12 with some success I would add and the interface was one of the most immersive aspects of the game.I was flabergasted at the available possibilities in the game,finished the game without a problem and become apt at using it in no time.I pity the people around you who actually believe you are a hardcore gamer.

The mods are kind for even letting that post stick on the forums,that's not humor it's self congratulatory diatribe from a person who's English vocabulary is so severly lacking that he has to resort to writing "shit" every 3-4 words to cap his attention seeking quota.

Edited by quicKsanD

Well I'll say something "constructive" about the review.It's the most useless piece of garbage posted on this forum in some time and that's saying something with the influx of bad intended people joining this forums.Disregarding the idiotic profanity and trolling the guy pure and simply has no business joining this community and I welcome him to play his "hardcore" worthy games that suit his twichy mouse perfectly.

In the meantime "poor" BIS will continue it's legacy of making games that sold millions of copies worldwide got GOTY awards and military contracts based on it's inhouse engine that for 10 years it hasn't been surpassed in many of it's core functions and us non-hardcore gamers will continue taking pleasure in playing them.

"The absolutley horrific voice acting" is actually one of the great advancements in modern gaming that made possible realtime situational radio communication possible,instead of limited voice scripts that corespond to more or less a dozen situations all other modern games feature.To voice act each and every line possible in Arma 2 would probably take a ~50 gb audio library.

"The interface is completely unintuitive."

OK?Seriously?I've played the original Operation Flashpoint when I was 12 with some success I would add and the interface was one of the most immersive aspects of the game.I was flabergasted at the available possibilities in the game,finished the game without a problem and become apt at using it in no time.I pity the people around you who actually believe you are a hardcore gamer.

The mods are kind for even letting that post stick on the forums,that's not humor it's self congratulatory diatribe from a person who's English vocabulary is so severly lacking that he has to resort to writing "shit" every 3-4 words to cap his attention seeking quota.

Yeah, I don't why mods haven't deleted that post either. Usually not ass-kissing posts get erased quickly, I guess they haven't gotten to it yet. :yay: The difference between console and PC games is a mouse vs controller. The reason why PC gamers play on PC and not consoles is because the mouse lets you control the crosshair any way you want, unlike a controller that is retarded for FPS. At least for a hardcore gamer, there is no pleasure in playing an FPS and trying to improve your skill if the mouse doesn't correspond to where you're trying to shoot. If you're a casual gamer, see no difference either way, I don't see why you'd even argue about it.

Using the word "shit" every 3-4 words is not a sign of vocabulary deficiency. It might be your common sense that's lacking something. If my friend would've written it for some forum like this, you'd be impressed at its formality, trust me.

At least for a hardcore gamer, there is no pleasure in playing an FPS and trying to improve your skill if the mouse doesn't correspond to where you're trying to shoot. If you're a casual gamer, see no difference either way, I don't see why you'd even argue about it.
I understand you and you are 100% right.

I accidentally corrupted my bin.bpo file... some guy told me to try the no blur mod someone did for the demo, didn't realize that it was really for the retail game and the mod over-writes the bin.bpo file which is now corrupted.

Any help?

This isn't warez by the way, it's for the demo. I'd rather not have to redownload a 2GB demo. :(

Reinstall it?

I downloaded it off steam.

Then you could run an integrity check, no? That should replace the files you changed with the originals.

This should have been asked in the existing demo thread, but to avoid the risk of me getting jumped on by the anti-Placebo group that Pots is trying to form to oust me ;)

Here's the whole Dta folder from the demo: http://www.mediafire.com/?2o1axgz5ouc (open with winrar/7zip).

I'm trying to run the Arma2 demo and get the X3DAudio1_6.dll was not found messege.

After searching i found out i need to get the "directx_mar2009_redist.exe".

I go tit but when i run it it asks me where I want to install it.

So, where do i go from here?

You run the download which simply asks you where to extract it, tell it somewhere such as C:\Directx then when it's finished go into that folder and run the installer.