Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

ArmA2 Demo Release Today - 2PM GMT - 3PM CET - 6:00 AM PST

DLed off STEAM. I'm sure this has been adressed, but digging through 78 pages...

Digging through 78 pages instead of reading the first post which covers the issue?

Hey guys, and thanks for using Gameupdates.org for the torrent :)

We know there is a lot of strain on it as it's so popular, but we are doing what we can to improve your downloads.

Currently a couple of hundred Mbit/s have been added as additional seeding power for this one.

Please let me know if you encounter any problems.

/Zrix, co-admin gameupdates.org

Hi Zrix, much thanks for posting and helping with the bandwidth, really good of you, would have given you a heads up about the demo but stumbling onto your site was a last minute thing as the other legal tracker crumbled under the traffic!

Torrent uploaded to

Link removed.

Do not link to torrent sites which host illegal downloads, there's a reason I spent hours today battling with legal torrent trackers.

Digging through 78 pages instead of reading the first post which covers the issue?

Hi Zrix, much thanks for posting and helping with the bandwidth, really good of you, would have given you a heads up about the demo but stumbling onto your site was a last minute thing as the other legal tracker crumbled under the traffic!

Do not link to torrent sites which host illegal downloads, there's a reason I spent hours today battling with legal torrent trackers.

I didn't know that it was covered in the first post.

Re-install DirectX from Microsofts website.

9 or 10? And how will that help?

Also, if I install 9 will that overwrite DX10 and I therefore will no longer be able to use it?

Edited by Lucan946

Any ideas cause, i´m getting an crc error while installing?

no sound still using Steam download and fileplanet both no sound

sound card- Creative sound blaster elite pro updated driver too can someone plz help me out thx. everything else works fine on the demo jsut the sound and i get sound in every other app

Played it for a couple of hours, posted my feedback in the feedback thread. Great!

Also, if I install 9 will that overwrite DX10 and I therefore will no longer be able to use it?

I just did a clean install of Windows 7 RC 32bit (latest RC version 10 something?).

The only thing I have installed on this computer is Steam, Americas Army 3 (which steam installed Direct X I believe) and now this... (AA3 works fine)

I d/l'ed Arma2 demo from Steam a few minutes ago and then tried the launch and when it runs it goes to installing DirectX (failed due to corrupted dxsetup).

dxdiag reported Direct X 11 on my computer...so will installing directX 9 overwrite or cause problems?

I tried then going to Microsoft's site to install latest DX through the web setup. When I run that it crashes after I click on the agreement.

defragging and chkdisking my HD now.

Anyone with similar problems or ideas on what I might try first?

Nvidia 9800gt

windows 7 RC 32bit

realtek onboard sound

The missing file is a Directx 9 dll that the game uses, obviously you don't have it hence the error, so when you install the Directx 9 Redistributable it installs the missing files, it doesn't remove DX10.......

Hey guys, do any of you know why everything in the demo is blurry? I set my screen resolution correctly, but anything in the distance is very blurry and looks terrible. Everything is set to high and I'm running it pretty smooth. Any suggestions?

Also, I was playing in MP and all the enemies had red dots on them, made it extremely easy for me to kill. Is this game suppose to be like that? It seems unfair if someone is hiding and a red dot could give them away.

Try turning off post processing in your graphics options, and adjust your difficulty settings to get rid of the enemy markers.

Post Processing is off, no luck. Everything still looks too blurry.

Just kidding, had to restart my client. Thanks :)

Edited by Icarumba

The only thing I don't like about the demo is the blurriness. If I wanted my game to be blurry like that, I would just go back to standard definition instead of high definition. The reason we went to HD is because of how clear and crisp it is. Oh, and the grain at the title screen. Basically, every post processing except for motion blur and depth of field when aiming down sights. I'm fine with those things. Other than that, the demo is great!

I'm having a problem. I have a 1680*1050 monitor but the game keeps defaulting to 1280*720 and sticking that way. When I try to change it it crashes and when I quit to desktop it forces my resolution to 800*600 and won't budge unless I restart my computer. I've tried a clean re-install and still nothing. I can't find anyone else with this problem so I'm assuming it's something wrong on my end but I don't know what. Any help would be appreciated.

The graphics look terrible on my system, blury, missing textures, blocky models and glitchy.

My Specs

Windows 7 64-bit

E8400

8800GT (186.18 & tried 185.85 Driver)

8 gig Ram

The only thing that renders normaly is the "surface" of the water.

When I press "Prt Scr" in-game I get a screenshot of my desktop not the game.

Here are some photos instead

http://www.arkan.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/DSCF0058.JPG

http://www.arkan.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/DSCF0056.JPG

Help?

Edited by Sniperwolf572
Pics over 100kb

Try turning off Post Processing effects, they seem to get rid of a lot of the blur. Not sure what you mean about the blocky models, I have a slower PC than yours, and it all renders fine. And the PrtSc thing has been the same since ArmA I. You might need to use FRAPS or something of the like to take a screenshot.

The graphics look terrible on my system, blury, missing textures, blocky models and glitchy.

lmao that soldier looks like Final fantasy VII char. Try to change card drivers?.

Ahh never mind I've fixed it. Word of warning: Don't mess with DVI settings in ATI catylyst.

YYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEE HHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Merry F$%^ING CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!

LMAO

Dloading now

I cannot believe how well this game plays on my system!!!! I got quad e6600, gtx 260 oc'd, 4gb mixed but nice, and standard hdd, all on cheap gigabyte mobo. Nothin really that spectacular with my specs, but damn i can put almost everything, but anti-aliasing, on very high. The demo is soooo fun. Mission editor on the demo FTW!!! Sorry if i sound crazy, but ive been playin for like 6 hrs or so. Havent tried multiplayer tho, your impressions of multi???

Running everything on High - Very High, 100% fillrate at 1280x720, game is running excellent. Much better than I expected for my 9600. :D Had a bit of lag during the blur effect with AA on the highest, all solved by dropping it back to normal, didn't really find AA necessary with this res though. Full specs in sig.

I had one random CTD in the first 10 minutes of play, straight to desktop without error, haven't had any problems since though. Running latest stable NVidia, DX9 (March09) and a cut down version of Windows XP (42mb RAM usage on desktop.)

Edit: and omg at including the editor with the demo, adds so much replayability.

I get "Out of Range!" whenever I try to launch Arma2. I'm on Vista 32 bit with the latest GTX 260 drivers. Anyone else have this problem and get it fixed?