Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

ArmA2 Demo Release Today - 2PM GMT - 3PM CET - 6:00 AM PST

I have directX 10.... and thats not up to date?

DX10 doesn't necessarily include all of the DX9 DLLs.

EDIT: I'm also home now. Downloading at ~740KB/s :D. Wheeee...

;1328115']May wanna note games.on.net (Internode) is an Australian Mirror.

May be why anyone not in Australia may be experiencing slow speeds from that particular mirror.

Id actually rather you didn't to be honest. We do very good speeds to everywhere. And I can say right now approx 2/3rds of our traffic is serving overseas without any complaints as far as I can see. We cover global news with writers from around the world, so we aren't "just" an Australia site, and would rather not be treated as so :).

PS. And you wouldn't do it to a US or Euro site would you :)

Silly question can we with the game join our Demo brothers and Sisters, In Multiplayer ?

cheers

I have directX 10.... and thats not up to date?

dx9 != dx10, just download it, and it will be fine

Whatever happened to clicking on a link and downloading a file. Whats a torrent and why do I have to be a bitorrent client to download this. I should add I'm cr@p at the internet.

I recommend: http://www.utorrent.com/

Very small footprint and fast download.

Just download, install and then click on a torrent in ie/firefox (or whatever) and it will automagicaly open in utorrent and start downloading :)

Silly question can we with the game join our Demo brothers and Sisters, In Multiplayer ?

cheers

Interesting question. I'd like to know this too, but my guess is "no".

5min left! sweet! , can anyone tell me if the game supports directx 10.1? i installed directx 11 but thats actually just directx 10.1?

Interesting question. I'd like to know this too, but my guess is "no".

Demo contains: full tutorial, Trial by Fire mission (SP only) and Death Valley (single + MP map) + Benchmark map + some editor templates.

Demo contains: full tutorial, Trial by Fire mission (SP only) and Death Valley (single + MP map) + Benchmark map + some editor templates.

It is a different build than the current 1.02 patch though (slightly later). Not sure how Arma2 handles different versions of the client, but I imagine they'd have to be identical?

wait is it running on 1.02 patch?

---------- Post added at 02:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:34 PM ----------

yes im done! installing now! hope it was worth wasting my bandwidth on!

wait is it running on 1.02 patch?

Yes, even a slightly newer version. No one know's what's different though.

In any case, it would be easy for BIS to stop full game clients from joining demo MP games and vice versa. The question is whether they have done it. It assume they have.

yes im done! installing now! hope it was worth wasting my bandwidth on!

That makes no sense. If it was worth wasting, then it wouldn't be a waste. :)

Good point thanks.
Id actually rather you didn't to be honest. We do very good speeds to everywhere. And I can say right now approx 2/3rds of our traffic is serving overseas without any complaints as far as I can see. We cover global news with writers from around the world, so we aren't "just" an Australia site, and would rather not be treated as so :).

PS. And you wouldn't do it to a US or Euro site would you :)

Oh sorry :P

Just thought i would let people know.

Most Aussie's know anyway :)

It actually tends to work as a limiter :)

the setup is taking forever to load up what the hell. its been like 4-5min and the setup has'nt loaded up properly..

nevermind finally got it working!

has the fillrate option been disabled in the demo cause i don't see it?

My god,GamersHell servers of the demo are exploding lol ,i cant download there.

Yes, even a slightly newer version. No one know's what's different though.

In any case, it would be easy for BIS to stop full game clients from joining demo MP games and vice versa. The question is whether they have done it. It assume they have.

That makes no sense. If it was worth wasting, then it wouldn't be a waste. :)

what i mean't was i have a cap limit and i hope it was worth using some my bandwidth for the demo :)

---------- Post added at 02:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 PM ----------

k i got it running now going to play for a couple of hours, 2:44am at the moment so im going to bed late lol

5min left! sweet! , can anyone tell me if the game supports directx 10.1? i installed directx 11 but thats actually just directx 10.1?

DX11 hasn't launched yet, so you couldn't have installed it. It will launch with Windows 7, and there is no hardware out for it yet

only ATI cards so far support DX10.1

There is no DX10.1 (or even 10.0?) features supported in ARMA2

what i mean't was i have a cap limit and i hope it was worth using some my bandwidth for the demo :)

I know :D. Just kidding around.

On a side note, this thread is turning into an epic threadnought. Before noon (CET) the average post interval was about 10 minutes. After noon it picked up the pace to about one post every 1-2 minutes. Now we're at something like a new page every 5-10 minutes. Nuts!

---------- Post added at 02:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 PM ----------

k i got it running now going to play for a couple of hours, 2:44am at the moment so im going to bed late lol

Are cap limits something that most people have in Russia?

Here in Sweden no one have it except those who have mobile broadband. My broadband connection is 8/1Mbit and that is considered to be a bit slow over here.

Here in Sweden no one have it except those who have mobile broadband. My broadband connection is 8/1Mbit and that is considered to be a bit slow over here.

From what I've read, Russianguy is from New Zealand.

From what I've read, Russianguy is from New Zealand.

Didn't read the location to the left, I were blinded by his namne :p

I think it goes like this.

They have a cap limit on foreign IPs. But if they use the internet from Russian servers it doesn't count in the cap and they can use it unlimited.

People who have downloaded the demo, please post your performance and system specs! Thanks!