Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

ArmA2 Demo Release Today - 2PM GMT - 3PM CET - 6:00 AM PST

200 kb....thats really old school....

At home I have a 60mbit fiber connection, download speeds up to 7,5 mb/sec.

We in The Netherlands can consider ourselfs lucky...

Thats cause europe,america and japan/south korea have such good connections. bandwidth and speed is cheap there. Australia and New Zealand is'nt because we are located in the pacific, and the lines under the ocean prevent us from having high speeds and make it expensive to have high bandwidth and such.

Its not old school for me, i was on dial up for 6 years man, and 2 months ago finally got high speed, and im happy with with the speeds im getting..

lol, i just went from 5 minutes from downloading to 15! >.< 92/286 :yay:

I downloaded the demo in 5 minutes. Gotta love this fast connection I've got at work! :P

Hello,

first thanks a lot for the demo (I bought the game from steam and I can't wait tomorrow). I start download from torrent but I have no source, I did have one there is 15mins ago, but know I just have 1 client. Same for you?

Should be fine, are you sure it's not a problem your end blocking the torrent?

Its not old school for me, i was on dial up for 6 years man, and 2 months ago finally got high speed, and im happy with with the speeds im getting..

ouch my freind has dial up, good thing you got high speed now! :bounce3:

Torrent download will take 2 years 37 weeks. Heading over to Fileplanet..

Give it a some time, it will get faster after you got about 5Mb.

Im seeding with 10mb upload and currently there is very little activity :rolleyes:

i got 10 minutes left on fileplanet.

After the wait, do i have to press a button to download? or does it do it automatically

demo is gonna take at least 4-5 hours to download, i have not slept yet, and its already morning!!!

Fileplanet I tryed to register at, yet it says my Email was already used, and I've never registered with them. Nor have I gotten any Email from them.

Who else has been up all night, and is planning on staying up the remainder of the day with 0 sleep?

If Anyone else is like me, gimme some tips on pulling this off!!!

Thats cause europe,america and japan/south korea have such good connections. bandwidth and speed is cheap there. Australia and New Zealand is'nt because we are located in the pacific, and the lines under the ocean prevent us from having high speeds and make it expensive to have high bandwidth and such.

I understand....I'm sorry for you...

Also understand that going from dialup to 200kb sec is great progress, at least there is progression :-)

what do you pay per month?

i got the retail, but im gonna seed it as well (the demo, not the retail lol)

Edited by Ekre

Around 600 kb/sec on torrent, but I just got a 5 Mbit connection

How's it going everyone with the torrent? According to the site the stats look good:

Torrent is working perfectly, I get normal speeds with it. I am very happy. Good decision to put it on torrent too.

Thanks Placebo.

isn't that illegal?

i mean im seeding the demo :D