What do you think of the mission  

6 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the mission

• I love it, lots of fun and good replay
    • Its good but not much replay
    • I dont like infantry only missions
    • I do not like any of it
    • I like it but does not run well

Firstly, let me say, i've have played your mission before with no problems and I really liked it, i liked it enough infact to place it on my clan server for us to use, but this is where the problems started. We tried playing the mission last night (your most up to date) but the starting chopper would not land, it would jerk its way close to the LZ and just hang when it got close. No one on the server was experiencing any lag, it just seemed to be the chopper that was the issue, not sure if its a problem with the map or my server, are there any settings i need to know for the server.cfg etc to make it work properly.

Any help would be appreciated,

- [#1 Section] DetonatorUK

I am glad you like the mission. I have not been able to try or have heard about how the mission runs on a dedicated server so this is good you are reporting this. I figured something like this would happen. First, did you order your men to disembark before you were ejected? If you didnt did you try to order your men to disembark? Other than that it is probably something to do with dedicated mp sessions messing with ai. I will try my best to resolve this. I have been working on another update, which i hope will be the last one this time. Trying to fix the briefing issues along with a few minor things. Keep me posted if it happens all the time and what methods you tried to get the helo to land.

We were a full server of 10 so we had no AI players, we didnt try and eject or disembark before the chopper landed, it just wouldnt land. I will try testing it again and see if i can get the chopper to land and if i do, i will post how i made it work.

Thanks for your help

- [#1 Section] DetonatorUK

After lots of tinkering and some testing I believe I have a good "finished" version for everyone. First post updated with new link, I am leaving V2.5 link for now. Please let me know If this version is a complete disaster or if it is golden. Need someone with dedicated server to have a go since I have a new way for the unload at the LZ. Enjoy

I had the same unloading troops at LZ problem in 2.5 but now in 3.0 it seems to be fixed. :) First all troops report "negative" but when the chopper finally touches ground they all disembark.

Mission seems to be very heavy though. At start in chopper there was some warping when flying. While monitoring server fps it started around 15 but at first objective server fps had reached 4.

This all on a dedicated server that can usually manage big coop missions like Domination very well.

Rok, Thanks for the reply. As for the uloading the helo is locked up until the unload script kicks in, should be no need to command units out. Ad for performance, there is really not that many units in mission, so I am unsure what could be the reason behind that.

Has anyone else had the major performance issues?

I have released V3.5 for people to test. If all seems good the mission will not change, but if there is an issue I will modify and upload new file. I need to know if it works on dedicated server and local host and how many people. Check first post for links and changes.

Not tried v3.5 yet, but i did test 3.0 on our Unit Dedicated Server with some problems. Instead of the chopper just not landing us, it actually flew right towards the sea and dropped us all to our death.

- #1 DetonatorUK

Not tried v3.5 yet, but i did test 3.0 on our Unit Dedicated Server with some problems. Instead of the chopper just not landing us, it actually flew right towards the sea and dropped us all to our death.

- #1 DetonatorUK

Thank you for the reply and info. I did notice that myself once i was able to get a host up. I am sorry for the troubles and I am hoping the new way 3.5 will be good to go. A dramatic change in the way your inserted. And the dropped off in the sea part is the helo deletion at work :)

tried 3.0 and was very good, lz was a bit far out, sometimes ai friendlies got stuck in the swamp.

I know this is not your fault etc, but the AI are still too acurate in arma2 for my standards lol.

I will try 3.5 with the guys in the next couple of days and let you know if i find any bugs.

Thanks for your efforts, we really enjoyed the games.

I decided to update this mission since i learned some new things that should make it better. check first post for the link to V4 if you would like to give it a run through.

** Update **

I added a poll, please vote

Edited by Ghost

ArmedAssault.info Mirror and News:

7354856.gif

We have also added this release to your personal author profile

If a release or contact information is missing, feel free to drop a PM, it will then be added.

And here is the BBCode if you want to add our Mirror to your release post :

[url=http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=multi&game=1&id=124][img=http://www.armedassault.info/mirrorgen2/7354856.gif][/url]

If you prefer a text only BBCode please copy and paste the code below :

[b]ArmedAssault.info Mirror :[/b]
[url=http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=addons&game=1&id=124]DOWNLOAD - Insurgent Airfield (v.4.0 TR) - [35,7 KB] from ArmedAssault.info[/url][/spoiler]

I like this mission a lot - thanks :)

(Looking forward to the sequel... ;) )

I am glad you like it. I hope to make many more missions to come, I am just slow and have a lot of real life things going on.

Just one thing, the sniper on top of the radio tower never seems to engage - maybe his skill level or combat mode need changing?

Just one thing, the sniper on top of the radio tower never seems to engage - maybe his skill level or combat mode need changing?

He does engage but because of his position and angles he may not shoot. I have been fired upon before it all depends at what direction you attack and how far it is before he notices. I will look into it though.

This will be my last update for this mission. New missions coming out. Check first post for link and info.

Not sure if it's because the mission came out before the latest patches or what but this mission has a severe problem with "revive". If you are shot and incapacitated, the revive script kicks in but within a few seconds, the game says "All players are unconscious, mission failed" or something like that.

The medic will actually come and heal you and while you're being healed, the mission will end. This happens every time I play the mission. If I chose the "no revives" option, the game will actually end about 30 seconds after it starts.

I trying playing plain vanilla with Arma 2 and Arma 2 CO. Same results. Something is majorly bugged.

This is a major bummer because from the small amount I've played of it, it's the best mission I've tried so far in A2!!! Awesome infantry combat!!!

Just wanted to say thanks for making this mission. My fledgling clan and I (6 friends just starting to play the game) have played it a few times now. We're getting close, but haven't nailed it yet. We've blown up the tower and captured the airfield, but kept getting wiped out by the convoy because we completed the next objective and destroyed the aircraft (we didn't think at first that they were able to be flown).

Next week we're going to get those frogfoots in the air and rain some death on that convoy :)