What do you think of the mission  

6 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the mission

• I love it, lots of fun and good replay
    • Its good but not much replay
    • I dont like infantry only missions
    • I do not like any of it
    • I like it but does not run well

My first ArmA II mission is ready for release. I apologize in advance if there are issues as I have not been able to test with anyone and a lot of things are new to the series and I have little experience with them. Any support is much appreciated. Please let me know of any problems you had, and if it was sp, dedicated server or stand alone server and the nature of the problem. Everything should work but again, I was not able to test as much as I would have liked. Enjoy.

***UPDATE 20100424***

V5 available with a version of Norrins revive. This has been sitting around for a while and thought I would release the update. Enjoy.

Armaholic mirror:

- Insurgent Airfield Co-10 v5.0

http://www.ghost.armaholic.eu/ARMAII/Insurgent_Airfield_CO10_V5.Chernarus.pbo.7z

Added Norrin revive, made one ammo box with all weapons.

Edited by Ghost

Well I took another look at the mission and noticed I missed a few things. I adjusted them and should be all good now. I dont want to release new version until I get some more feedback or get someone to test with. Other than the few issues I found I hope the mission works out for everyone.

Issues found/fixed for V2 (unreleased):

1. no skiptime trigger - added

2. spawn trigger was on repeat - now only triggers once

3. briefing.html had sections not used and messed up debrief screen. - adjusted

4. unused commands and scripts in mission folder - deleted

Ghost im not sure if the KH server updated your mission or something in last 24hrs but last night I played it fine, im sure i was not dropped in by heli from start though which is odd cause now when I go to play it I start in heli...

Anyhow to the point, everytime I start in the heli the heli is warping like a rubber band, it could be the server but usually I dont see it as bad especially as nobody else is on it.

Anything you know about or do you think it could be something else? When I let it land I can run myself without lag, but the heli leaves and is still lagging boing boing 2 steps forward 10 steps back effect lol takes ages for it to get anywhere...

Just thought I would mention it incase it wasnt server side problem here.

Cheers, annoying for me as I loved the getting to the mast part as it was.

Ghost im not sure if the KH server updated your mission or something in last 24hrs but last night I played it fine, im sure i was not dropped in by heli from start though which is odd cause now when I go to play it I start in heli...

Anyhow to the point, everytime I start in the heli the heli is warping like a rubber band, it could be the server but usually I dont see it as bad especially as nobody else is on it.

Anything you know about or do you think it could be something else? When I let it land I can run myself without lag, but the heli leaves and is still lagging boing boing 2 steps forward 10 steps back effect lol takes ages for it to get anywhere...

Just thought I would mention it incase it wasnt server side problem here.

Cheers, annoying for me as I loved the getting to the mast part as it was.

Thank you for the reply and as for the jumping/lagging helicopter I would have to say it is something to do with the server, though I might be missing something required to run better in MP that is new to ArmA II. I have not been able to test the mission on a dedicated server with others so I am unable to reproduce at this time. Let me know of any other issues or something you liked about the mission.

You should put up v2 for a test ghost, ill gladly host a game in internet play to see how it pans out my end..

Good stuff I really want to see why there was rubber banding earlier,, Ill host this and play it now and see how it goes.

Hi Ghost,

Thanks for this mission.

I'm new to ArmA2 and can't figure out how to destroy the comms tower.

I've tried bullets, grenades and driving into it but nothing works.

What am I missing? (My Grenadier is dead btw)

Thanks for your tips and hard work, I love missions...

Toby

Hi Ghost,

Thanks for this mission.

I'm new to ArmA2 and can't figure out how to destroy the comms tower.

I've tried bullets, grenades and driving into it but nothing works.

What am I missing? (My Grenadier is dead btw)

Thanks for your tips and hard work, I love missions...

Toby

At the LZ there should be some weapons crates. One of them have satchels. I dont remember off hand how many it will take but 2-3 should be more than enough. You just place them at the base of the tower. I hope that helps.

thanks ghost,

i thought that i must have missed a satchel bomb somewhere...

only problem now is that i have to restart the mission! :)

For all who have played version 1 and those that played version 2 is it good for final release or were any other issues found?

ghost, just played a bit of it last night again, anychance on making the heli LZ drop not fly off untill all ai are out? if you leave it a little before dissembark they all jump out the heli when it leaves and half your squad dies :D

cheers..

Also im not sure if this is a issue really or more tactical on my part. I was able to get to the mast without one confrontation by just skirting a tight column with my team through woods, just basically used the tree lines to get to the mast part first. And didnt get my first contact until I was 50ft from it..

ghost, just played a bit of it last night again, anychance on making the heli LZ drop not fly off untill all ai are out? if you leave it a little before dissembark they all jump out the heli when it leaves and half your squad dies :D

cheers..

Also im not sure if this is a issue really or more tactical on my part. I was able to get to the mast without one confrontation by just skirting a tight column with my team through woods, just basically used the tree lines to get to the mast part first. And didnt get my first contact until I was 50ft from it..

Moosenoodles,

As for the helicopter taking off before your squad has disembarked I can say this has happened to me too. I have looked at different simplistic solutions without having to make a big fancy script. From multiple tests it seems if you let the helicopter kick you out then do All getout everything should be fine. Before you do that back away a few steps and look at the helicopter to make sure it isnt taking off. What ways have you been getting out commanding your squad to getout? before the chopper touches down itself or after like i mentioned? As for no confrontation it all depends on after landing how much time you spend getting extra weapons/ammo and what path you take. The Enemy are on patrol and you may not catch them. Its somewhat random too with what units are in mission each time. Hope all that helps. Gonna do a few more tweeks and then release V2 soon. After that I will start with the next mission ETA "Unknown". By the way have you completed the mission? Have you tried going for second objective instead of taking out com Tower?

Yes I did I got pwnd by sneaky enemy which i was trying to locate then found one had gone ontop of the control tower hehe darn it!,, ive not completed it yet I have been busy with other things right now.

I have released V2 of my Insurgent Airfield mission. Many tweaks and fixes. Check first post download link for a list of changes.

I tried this mission, but i found a problem. I destroyed the tower comms objetice (two satchel charges) but the game didn't recognize the tower as destroyed. And it was really destroyed, at least the 3d model was wasted :P.

Turin, thank you for the heads up about the tower. Looks like I used the wrong ID. I should have zoomed in closer. Updated mission link in first post, hopefully this time I got everything.

I'm completely new to Arma; I understand where to put the file how do I access it in game?

edit: figured it out....i put this mission in wring folder.

Edited by UltraSur76

Just so you know the mission should work just fine in the ...ArmA2 directory under where ever you installed it\Missions folder and then ran from singleplayer scenarios. And thank you Armaholic for updating the download page. Check first post.

Gonna play through v2.5 today ghost and see if I can get it to do anything silly :D

Let you know how it goes my end some time later tonight.

Great mission, I've been using it to learn the editor and scripting. Quick question, I've followed your lead on assigning tasks, however, I cannot get the task marker to activate on the hud without going into my map and clicking it. Any ideas?

Great mission, I've been using it to learn the editor and scripting. Quick question, I've followed your lead on assigning tasks, however, I cannot get the task marker to activate on the hud without going into my map and clicking it. Any ideas?

I am still learning the new briefing system myself, and it would appear there is a minor issue with my setup as far as respawning. I used this forum post as an example. http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=73424

tskAttackVishnoye setSimpleTaskDescription["Task Description", "Task Title", "HUD Title"]; is the command line you need to fill in. Also it depends on your difficulty setting.

Thanks for your reply. The mission is really well done, thanks for the guidance.

Firstly, let me say, i've have played your mission before with no problems and I really liked it, i liked it enough infact to place it on my clan server for us to use, but this is where the problems started. We tried playing the mission last night (your most up to date) but the starting chopper would not land, it would jerk its way close to the LZ and just hang when it got close. No one on the server was experiencing any lag, it just seemed to be the chopper that was the issue, not sure if its a problem with the map or my server, are there any settings i need to know for the server.cfg etc to make it work properly.

Any help would be appreciated,

- [#1 Section] DetonatorUK