Sign in to follow this  
pogoman979

COIN funds arent updated for JIPs?

ok in my mission i create construction interfaces using the createunit command. so basically when i buy things my total funds go down (obviously), but if i abort and rejoin and go to the same construction site which has the same action, the funds have been reset to the starting amount. i tried getting the variable and setting it with onplayerconnected but the server couldnt seem to find the "BIS_COIN_funds" variable :/.

there is a mod that was converted from Arma and OFP. It's called CRTCI Warfare. It has a bunch of really good scripts you can look at. Maybe implement their scripts for the money you can have the COIN check for.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=5861

well since COIN is an official module i cant really mod it without changing the pbos (could copy them to the mission and edit them but thats a last resort atm). i would prefer to use the construction interface anyway since its been working quite well for me up until this point.

well since COIN is an official module i cant really mod it without changing the pbos (could copy them to the mission and edit them but thats a last resort atm). i would prefer to use the construction interface anyway since its been working quite well for me up until this point.

you have to set up what currency IS in the module. Just like you would any other setting the is customizable. Money is too. Doing that also sets up a common variable. You can use the scripts from the Mod I told you about, like kill someone and get money, or taking an objective and get money...money being the common variable that the module is already loaded with....

EDIT:

Think of the system like a placeholder. You set the module to name the currency "Dollars". You also set the module to give your player $600 to start with. Now what you want to do is use the same variable, "Dollars" for any script that would add or take away "Dollars" to or from your player. It is all loaded into memory, and so long as Dollars = yourscript, the Dollar variable will update accordingly, and should also change in the module.

Edited by stuguy
too vague

my funds are already getting updated during the game etc, but when i abort and rejoin they reset, even if i've broadcast them publicly, so no amount of 3rd party scripts will help here. idk i'll keep fiddling around to see if i can find something, was just hoping for a dev response here to confirm that the funds are actually supposed to be updated for JIPs.