Sign in to follow this  
mchide

Weather module

Im asking myself, can we settup this module to produce volumetric fog too or its only for clouds.

I noticed there is no vol.fog but think and hope it will come in a patch. What i saw when i tested the game was that fog was worse than ArmA1. It looked like only fading white in the distance. Nothing moving around like in ArmA1.

Must be a feature not active yet or some drivers etc not properly set up. Lets when the next patch comes what BIS says. Since ArmA1 had proper fog im sure ARMA2 will have it too.

On the weather module though im not sure. Cant test it myself yet - 6 more days. :)

Alex

Anyone found what's the syntax to customize the weather module ?

Like altitude and cover density ?

72;1309206']What i saw when i tested the game was that fog was worse than ArmA1. It looked like only fading white in the distance. Nothing moving around like in ArmA1.

Since ArmA1 had proper fog im sure ARMA2 will have it too.

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't vanilla Arma1 Fog just fading in the distance too? ACE is what improved it to the way you describe, iirc.

Have anyone found yet how to enable volumetric fog like in "Delaying the Bear"-mission?

Can anyone point me in the direction of a guide to using this module?

As of now I have found no more info than just place the module and set your forecast to mid to high range

Bump on the volumetric fog. I love it in delaying the bear... anyone found how to make it work ?

Any progress on "volumetric fog"? I really like to use it in my missions. :)

Have you tried to dePbo the mission where you've seen it done? I haven't played Delaying the Bear myself, but that's what I should do if I wanted to recreate the same effect.

I finally found it from Delaying the Bear. It was in initJIPcompatible.sqf. You need to place this to the end of init.sqf:

_pos = position vehicle player;

_ps = "#particlesource" createVehicleLocal _pos;

_ps setParticleParams [["\Ca\Data\ParticleEffects\Universal\universal.p3d", 16, 12, 13, 0], "", "Billboard", 1, 10, [0, 0, -6], [0, 0, 0], 1, 1.275, 1, 0, [4], [[1, 1, 1, 0], [1, 1, 1, 0.04], [1, 1, 1, 0]], [1000], 1, 0, "", "", _obj];

_ps setParticleRandom [3, [40, 40, 0], [0, 0, 0], 2, 0.5, [0, 0, 0, 0.1], 0, 0];

_ps setParticleCircle [0.1, [0, 0, 0]];

_ps setDropInterval 0.01;

while {true} do {

waituntil {vehicle player == player};

_ps setpos position vehicle player;

sleep 1;

};

And without "waituntil {vehicle player == player};" it spawns fog even when player isnt in the vehicle.