Sign in to follow this  
mugaben

Sector Control or whatever

Hey guys.

How easy is it, to make a sector control map, or whatever its called? Nothing fancy really. I just created a little fun map for friends, and we could use a little sector in a castle, where the "goal" would be to control that spot/hill whatever sort of like in bezerk but only with 1 sector.

There is no need for any point scoring or anything. Just a flagpole and a area of control, that switches to red, blue or green according to who owns the area.

Im dont have so much experience with scripting. So far i understand the basics, and I allready got respawn, vehicle respawn, various modules and so on working.

Thanks!! :)

DampetDK // Arma2.dk

I'm looking into scripting a very very very simple sector control mission atm, with AI on 1 side (players on both sides isn't a problem). I post here when i have something. :)

The way I did it in Arma 1:

1. Green marker with the ellipse or rectangle form.

2. Trigger (same place and same size as marker) "Siezed by OPFOR", making marker red on activation and green on deactivation.

3. Trigger (same place and same size as marker) "Siezed by BLUFOR", making marker blue on activation and green on deactivation.

That's it.

That easy? Gotta try it.. thanks!

---------- Post added at 11:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 PM ----------

How did you make the marker red om act. and de-act. ? What did you type?

Nice.

Thanks. I got that working, now i need the point system if it isnt to difficult to make hehe..

Try adding "{_x addRating 5} foreach thisList;" command into triggers activation fields and look what happens. =)

This should add 5 points to each one who "captured" the area.

Ur activation should look something like:

onAct: "UrMarkerName" setMarkerColor "colorGreen"; {_x addRating 5} foreach thisList;

addRating is mostly for singleplayer games, to add a 'score' for completing rewards etc. It can also prevent multiplayer players from going 'enemy' (showing up red if extended map info is turned on, or not anymore triggering triggers correctly), as long as it is positive. I'm not sure about this, but I have a feeling that the enemy will prioritize those with a high rating.

You'll need to use the addScore command for any change to show up on the scoreboard. Also, since this is a local effect command, it needs to be done on all computers.

If this has changed with Arma2, please let me know :)

I'm not sure. Probably u're right.

Checked docs. Yes, u _are_ right. My mistake, sorry. =) addScore is the one what is needed.

what is the command, when all secters are red, player lose ,when all sectors are bule,player win the game?

This seems to work, however, if I recall correctly there was in ArmA 1 a sector control mission where it shows who had the advantage in a zone. The zone didn't 100% change colour each time. For example: West had 60% of the bar filled and East had 40%, and once East was wiped out the bar was 100% green, I knew how to do this with that mission as template, though I have no idea how to do it again.

I want to do something like this with the AI for town captures but I'm not sure how you'd get it to pick up on a gradual change rather than just lack of presence.