Sign in to follow this  
-45Cdo-Kotp

Memory Error Crash To Desktop

Me and few friends have been playing the Coop Evolution maps by setting up our own servers.

Everything seems fine until about 2hrs 30mins in when the game will crash to desktop and a Memory Message Box appears.

Anyone else had this and is there a fix to it ?

I had all bugs in any order: the "cannot commit" bug, the bug "no more blocks", "not enough virtual memory" (or so) and silent crashes to desktop.

Neither can I see a pattern, nor do I know, how to influence this by special settings. There is no hint that hasn't been tested by me.:mad:

Edited by Steinfisch

I also have this "not enough virtual memory" error! I dont have it at the early missions, only in the long and big missons. From Manhattan and forward. It is so frustrating! I have also installed the 1.02 patch. Does anyone have a idea?

Not sure if this is the problem, but I spawned on one of the new Evolution maps and fell through the floor at the main base. Below there was ocean, i could swim around below the base and look up at players and vehicals moving about. Thing was, there was a waterfall like stream of motorbikes, flling AI units, tanks and trucks from the roof. Falling like me into the hidden ocean below the map, in a constant flow. Im not sure whats happening, but this constant build up of trashed and then re-spawning kit and AI units might be the problem.

You could try to play around with the "maxmem" in your shortcut. I've set mine to 1024 (i have 4 gigs)

Just add "-maxmem=1024" in your shortcut to the game.

After i did that, it stopped crashing.

I too get this problem and I've tried maxmem settings of 512, 1024 and 2048... 2048 lasts the longest without crashing (up to half an hour). I've tried everything short of changing O/S - currently Vista 32bit SP2.

The annoying thing is, more often than not, it crashes while being saved so I lose the last savegame - so it's taking a long time to complete the missions at the mo. Patience is a challenge...

All temps are ok.

Spec:

4GB RAM

8800M GTX

Cheers.

EDIT: Going to try playing with my pagefile when I get home, got a feeling I disabled it a month or so ago! :P

Edited by Valentino
Idea!