Sign in to follow this  
[frl]myke

.rvmat files dropped while binarizing

Ok, probably i'm doin something horribly wrong but please don't beat me just because i'm dumb. :D

Ok, after binarizing an addon (F-16) i get ingame the error message that it misses some rvmat files. After some search i've found out that these files are dropped while binPBO binarizes the folder. Those 2 rvmat files aren't directly defined by a p3d, they are part of the Damage class in the config:

class Damage {
		tex[] = {};
		mat[] = {
			"\glt_f16\mat\skin_rv.rvmat",
			"\glt_f16\mat\skin_rv.rvmat",
			"\glt_f16\mat\skin_destruct_rv.rvmat",
			"\glt_f16\mat\misc_rv.rvmat",
			"\glt_f16\mat\misc_rv.rvmat",
			"\glt_f16\mat\misc_destruct_rv.rvmat"
			};
	};

Both destruct rvmat files are dropped. What did i missed, how do i get them correctly into the binarized PBO? I bet there's somewhere a setting i've set wrong but i can't find it for my life.

Any help appreciated.

Had the same in Arma1 when i was binarizing the US Muscle Cars addons.

Simply de-pbo the pbo, add the rvmats and re-pbo it....

Dunno why this is/was though and would be interested like you why this is happening.

Thanks mr.g-c

Well, thats a workaround that would do it. But i still hope someone has a final solution for this since i like the things done right. But if nothing comes up, i'll surely do it this way.

is *.rvmat in the list of filetypes that gets copied directly?

Nope, they aren't. Although i've seen this option, i thought putting rvmat inside this list isn't a good idea since they need binarizing too.

"If all works correctly, rvmats are merged into the p3d."

Some model guru once told me. He said it can be seen at BI models as well.

If not working, see both option above Myke.

In BinPBO -> Options screen on top you have the edit box for "List of files to copy directly" put this in there:

*.rvmat;*.pac;*.paa;*.rtm;*.sqf;*.sqs;*.bikb;*.fsm;*.wss;*.ogg;*.wav;*.fxy;*.csv;*.html;*.lip;*.txt;*.wrp;*.bisurf

i thought putting rvmat inside this list isn't a good idea since they need binarizing too.

Huh!? Never hear that myself. Always had it in.

Rvmat can be binarized, thats for sure - technically.

The process, how this is done, is not yet fully understood.

Sy probably knows.

Yes but when .rvmat is on the list, they appear in the PBO as binarized. Naturally sound files like ogg are not binarized but rvmat's are, so it's not your usual "direct copy" in that way.

A lengthy discussion about this can be found here.

I think the conclusion was that binarizing the p3d puts rvmat info into the ODOL, but only the first set, injury/damage materials need the rvmat file itself present in the pbo, the "primary" rvmats probably don't need to be present in the final pbo. A reliable way to put the secondary rvmats in the pbo is to add *.rvmat in the copy files list (which will copy the primary rvmats too, but they are small so whatever).

It's important to get the path infos right though, check the thread I mentioned above, Sy gives good instructions how to do that.