Sign in to follow this  
xsdmx

Dynamic Object Compositions and 2D Editor

In order to get BIS_fnc_taskDefend to work I had to have a SecOps manager placed somewhere in the mission. Seems really strange, but if you're having problems with BIS_fnc_taskDefend then give that a try.

You dont need SecOps module on map. Since you are calling in function you need Functions module and Preload manager.

Okay. I am having the same problem with the BIS_fnc_taskDefend.

The trigger is: Condition: this

On Act: [egrp1, [getpos camp1]] call BIS_fnc_taskDefend;

The game logic is: _newObjs = [getPos this, 270, "checkpoint1_us"] call (compile (preprocessFileLineNumbers "ca\modules\dyno\data\scripts\objectMapper.sqf"));

I have a Functions and Preload manager module placed, but do I need to synchronize them with someone or something?

Put an empty marker on map name it something

than write in trigger

On Act: [egrp1, getmarkerpos "something"] call BIS_fnc_taskDefend;

Now if there is any empty static units in 100m radius from your "something" marker your egrp1 leader will order one or more soldiers to board those weapons. But note leader will not board. So check that group is big enaugh.

Edited by mchide

Will try that, thank you.

---------- Post added at 02:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 PM ----------

than write in trigger

Alright, I did this.

Now if there is any empty static units in 100m radius from your "something" marker your egrp1 leader will order one or more soldiers to board those weapons. But note leader will not board. So check that group is big enough.

I have tried doing the camp3_us and camp2_us and every single time, they just go back into formation. I am not getting any errors. The marker is just an empty marker like you said. I'm dumbfounded, maybe my game is broke?

You said your trigger was set to condition: this, but what was "this"? Setting condition to "true" is more reliable, so you don't have to worry about the preset conditions at the top of the trigger window. You can also add something like 'hint "defending"' to the trigger so you at least know for sure that the trigger is going off.

You said your trigger was set to condition: this, but what was "this"? Setting condition to "true" is more reliable, so you don't have to worry about the preset conditions at the top of the trigger window. You can also add something like 'hint "defending"' to the trigger so you at least know for sure that the trigger is going off.

k, the base is there. The static weapons are there. I added the hint to the trigger and it shows up. The troops keep going into formation. I think it has something to do with the marker, maybe an ellipse would be better?

than write in trigger

Now if there is any empty static units in 100m radius from your "something" marker your egrp1 leader will order one or more soldiers to board those weapons. But note leader will not board. So check that group is big enaugh.

Hi,

first param is a group, so you can't specify just a leader.

Use 'group' :

On Act: [[b]group[/b] egrp1, getmarkerpos "[b]something[/b]"] call BIS_fnc_taskDefend;

cheers

Hi,

first param is a group, so you can't specify just a leader.

Use 'group' :

On Act: [[b]group[/b] egrp1, getmarkerpos "[b]something[/b]"] call BIS_fnc_taskDefend;

cheers

I thought that looked suspicious. It works now though I have one more question. Do I still need to keep the Preload Manager and Functions Module?

Ok guys, I have a server-client related problem with this stuff. I just tried a mission in MP with the objectMapper.sqf code on a Game Logic / Location object, and when the mission loads it runs the script on every machine, so if there are two players in the game it will generate two copies of the composition right on top of each other. How do I get the code to only run once? And on a related note, does anyone know of any good tutorials on client/server localization for MP missions? It almost never seems to be discussed and yet it's been the source of most of my editing headaches in OFP, ArmA, and now ArmA2.

I noticed another strange thing using the compositions in the init line of a game logic. They didn't get spawned at all. I'm trying the new location logics today. Maybe they are mean to work with this. I can't place invisible heliports all around. This messes with my flying AI choppers.

and when the mission loads it runs the script on every machine, so if there are two players in the game it will generate two copies of the composition right on top of each other.

The old locality problem.

Like any script that spawns stuff in MP run it only on one machine. Means, in your case only on the server. If you execute it on every client including the server you end up with server + n - clients copies.

If you start it from a script add a

if (!isServer) exitWith {};

at the beginning of the script.

isServer also returns true in SP (means editor too).

Xeno

Thanks Xeno, I ended up figuring it out. Such an important issue and yet I've not seen a lot of documentation about it.

Location logics worked so far.

Has anyone a clou how to set up custom compositions? I haven't found any tutorial yet. Some of the BI compositions don't work yet so I'll have to do a small workaround by myself with own compositions ... well ... at least if I would know how to create them :)

I'd be interested in that too, figured I'd spend some time this weekend having a play.

The lack of documentation for all these new features is now becoming a bit of a bind.

How do I call these scripts properly on a server? When I call it normally it spawns it for every client and causes massive stress on the dedi.

How do I call these scripts properly on a server? When I call it normally it spawns it for every client and causes massive stress on the dedi.

Look at post 62 in this thread.

I tried to spawn "camp_us1" but it says script not found... what went wrong?

I use empty game logic, and put this in init line:

_newObjs = [getPos this, random 360, "FuelDump1_US"] call (compile (preprocessFileLineNumbers "ca\modules\dyno\data\scripts\objectMapper.sqf"));

It works, but if i changed it to "camp_us1", press preview, and it says cannot find script

_newObjs = [getPos this, random 360, "camp_us1"] call (compile (preprocessFileLineNumbers "ca\modules\dyno\data\scripts\objectMapper.sqf"));

any idea why?

I tried to spawn "camp_us1" but it says script not found... what went wrong?

I use empty game logic, and put this in init line:

_newObjs = [getPos this, random 360, "FuelDump1_US"] call (compile (preprocessFileLineNumbers "ca\modules\dyno\data\scripts\objectMapper.sqf"));

It works, but if i changed it to "camp_us1", press preview, and it says cannot find script

_newObjs = [getPos this, random 360, "camp_us1"] call (compile (preprocessFileLineNumbers "ca\modules\dyno\data\scripts\objectMapper.sqf"));

any idea why?

You're using the wrong list for composition names; it's not the same as the object class names. In this case you want "Camp1_US." Check post #49 in this thread.

i can tell my men respond to the trigger but they just sit around. they dont take cover or anything.

Edited by THEBLITZ6794

You're using the wrong list for composition names; it's not the same as the object class names. In this case you want "Camp1_US." Check post #49 in this thread.

roger that, thank you. I use the first page as reference, the one from Noamles. So I'll use the reference from #49

Thank you again

Hmmm, not sure why this wont work for me. The still wont do anything but sit down.

Edited by Manzilla

can I remove the composition with a trigger or something?

---------- Post added at 08:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 PM ----------

I still can't get groups to man any static weapons, they just sit around when using BIS_fnc_taskDefend. Can someone post a quick sample mission? I just want to see them actually man the dynObjComp static weapons at the generated bases. I'm still having the same problems from earlier in the thread. :coop:

I think I manage it. I think you need to put a wayoint for the AI. then on activation, just put it eg: [group e1,getpos def1] call BIS_fnc_taskDefend;

e1 is the group leader name. i think "group this" also can use