Sign in to follow this  
Issetea

Chernarus Life (RPG)

Chernarus Life is a multiplayer mission designed for 3 to 32 players.

Here is the first Sahrani Life 1.69 -> Chernarus Life 1.00 Changelog:

- This mission contains all the Sahrani Life features.

- added: New drug effects

- added: New effect when stunned

- added: ArmA2 medic system

- changed: Replaced remaining flags with people

- changed: Bank keeper takes his hands up when robbed

- changed: Replaced all Weapons, Magazines, Vehicles, Spawnobjects, Animations and more with new ArmA2 content

- removed: invasion

- removed: public transport system

- changed: When opening the Inventory, the player one is pointing to with the cursor is selected in the "give to" box

- added: Handcuffs + Keys

- added: Copitems (Some items can be used by cops only, so trading copitems to civs is no longer possible)

- changed: Players are able to enter the copbase, but it's a safe zone (Kills will be punished automatically, vehicles can't be lockpicked, bombs can't be used)

- changed: Storage in copbase 2 (Same as in Copbase 1)

- added: System for cloth

- added: Kevlar suit for police units

- added: Items - Kevlar west/trousers/gloves in a new factory

- added: Items - Small Backpack

Version 1.10:

- added: Units and Animals can be purchased in normal shops

- added: Unit interactions (Give commands to animals; Dogs will be in the players group)

- added: Own animals can be slaughtered

- added: Own animals prodice ressources

- added: Dog interactions - Dogs can search for other players or animals (Useful for cops or hunting)

- added: Hunting (There are some hunting areas; killed animals leave Ressources)

- fixed: player was able to leave the guild mission area without teleporting while the mission was active

- added: Hotkey system (available in the inventory) - Hotkeys for vehicle lock, inventory, stats, handsup, saytext, copsiren

- added: Options included in the hotkey system - Options for inventory action, stat action, animation action, copsiren action, vehicleinfo action (the actions players have in their action menu)

- added: Action to hit/knock down another player

- fixed: Stun bullets can't kill anymore

- added: Deathmatch area (Player can sign up for free; Free weapons; No Skill limit; No additional respawn time)

- fixed: Shopkeepers are back where they used to be (Due to the arma new patch they were teleported into the water)

- added: Vehicleinformation now show the owner of a vehicle

- changed: Only the real owner of a vehicle (The one who bought/spawned the vehicle) can store it

- changed: Added different kinds of refuel cans (empty, small, medium, large)

- added: Items Map, Watch, Compass and Radio into the equipment shop

- added: Own crimelog available in the Inventory menu

- changed: Times are now displayed in a nice XX:XX:XX format instead of just seconds or minutes (Crimelog and Stats)

- fixed: Death messages sometimes appeared twice

- fixed: When upgrading skills to fast an error occured

- added: Message when trying to collect ressouces without the needed skill (Including the needed skill level)

- fixed: Needed skillpoints in order to buy factories didn't work (Added message including the needed skill level)

- fixed: Player was able to rob someone without being armed (Map, Compass, Watch and Radio were weapons)

- fixed: Auction works again

- fixed: Player was bugged when handcuffed and then stunned

Version 1.12:

- fixed: Copspawn (Cops sometimes were killed by the hangar)

- fixed: Giving/Duplicating key

- fixed: After placing an object the actions were bugged

- fixed: Civcam, Jailcam didn't work

Version 1.13:

- fixed: Units can be taken out of trunk/storages

- fixed: Guild mission performance increased

- fixed: Players only have to pay tay for vehicles that are not destroyed

- fixed: Error messages starting about 2 minutes after the death of a worker (when we gets deleted) - Error: v1616, [unit_civ2_18894,]

- fixed: Players were sometimes able to leave the DM area

- fixed: Vehicle owner problems after giving a key to another player

- changed: Nitro also works while driving backwards

Version 1.14:

- addons: support for new custom addons (Credits go to their respective owners/creators)

- changed: faster startup / loading speed

- fixed: Vehicle owner problems after giving a key to another player

- fixed: Player can command units again

- added: Guild leader can select a new leader. Prices adjusted.

- added: Support for golden AK

- added: Admins can disable the object placement restriction for themselves

- fixed: Pilotjob vehicles cannot be lockpicked anymore

- added: Emergency call for mobile phone (Cops do not have to own a mobile phone in order to receive 911 calls from a player)

- added: Cops can salvage vehicles without having a truck near by (This only applies to vehicles marked as idle); Cops are able to remove destroyed vehicles, but will not be paid for that.

- fixed: Unit to Storage exploit

- fixed: Truck markers

- fixed: Bus markers

Version 1.15

- changed: calling 911 is now free

- fixed: delivery job

- changed: increased illegal earnings

- changed: kevlar suit (Only complete one @copshop) protects cops from being stunned

- fixed: Guild mission teleport action did not appear after accepting the mission

- changed: Silent hint instead of hint is now used for most messages

- added: Option (see hotkey menu) to force the use of silent hints for all messages

Version 1.20

- changed: adjusted food prices

- changed: police vehicle and weapon prices adjusted

- changed: police paycheck changed from 3000 to 4500

- changed: weapon productions now need more ressources

- changed: Message sounds (all) are enabled again. Players can now switch them on/off using the option menu (In 1.15 Interaction sounds couldn't be changed)

- changed: Placing objects now includes more actions and hotkeys

- added: Addonpack including a lot of new weapons and vehicles (installer will be uploaded when the version is released, server password will be removed)

Version 1.21

- changed: improved placing of objects - the player can now also change the up vector of the object

- added: manufacture skill also makes the player need less resources to produce items (up to 50%)

Keep in mind: Chernarus Life needs you! We are still looking for people helping us with creating role play addons and scripts. If you are familiar with 3D modeling, texturing or scripting and want to help, please contact us at www.rp-mods.com, Issetea(X-Fire) or 283-776-375 (ICQ).

Edited by Issetea
Updated changelogs

I really looking forward to this. That mission is one of the reasons y I bought ArmA2!

Man I dunno if I played Arma RPg, the whole RPg part scared me since I fell alseep watching 2 friends play world of warcraft so I avoided Rpg's all the time.

What will you be able to like to do in Chernarus Life?

Man I dunno if I played Arma RPg, the whole RPg part scared me since I fell alseep watching 2 friends play world of warcraft so I avoided Rpg's all the time.

What will you be able to like to do in Chernarus Life?

It's not actually like WoW. Just imagine playing cops and robbers with your friends when you were young, but "abit" more complicated.

Sahrani/Chernarus Life is something like that, players pick either police or civilians, civilians can run for drugs, work, trade weapons, go harvesting, rob the bank and terrorize the country and other stuff, cops will have to keep everything in order, e.g. arrest and search criminals, protect the bank, force traffic regulations and much more.

Hi all

Brothels and prostitution rings?

Human traffiking?

Social workers and probation workers?

Prisons?

Schools, Hospitals, Drug Rehab?

Cinemas, Retauraunts, shops?

Fire and Ambulance service?

FarmA?

Etc.

A rich vein to mine.

Kind Regards walker

I come from a roleplay server on SAMP and I have to say I'm looking forward to seeing this game mode.

Just a question, is this going to be available for people to download and host or does the file stay with the creator?

Sahrani life was AMRPGM (Advancd Multiplayer RPG Mission)

and I cant wait til' I get my ArmA2 and kick into CL!

:D;):cool::yay::bounce3:

I come from a roleplay server on SAMP and I have to say I'm looking forward to seeing this game mode.

Just a question, is this going to be available for people to download and host or does the file stay with the creator?

I guess it will stay with the creator, the Original Sahrani Life did after people were re-editing the mission all over, the community got split, flamewars, people accusing of other people hacking their forums, bla,bla,bla... let these things be buried for good :goodnight:.

The nice thing about the Official Server is that stats like money and licenses get saved even after a restart. In the (still-editable) earlier versions of Sahrani Life you would start all over again after a restart, which got really tedious.

the funnest part of the game is starting off trying to make money though, surely if the game never fully restarted people would just become millionares and resort to constant deathmatching...

Been playing this game type since nogville, nog crimes and Crime city in org OFP. ArMa SL servers blocked me somehow so skipped it but I will keep my eye on this on A2. You seems to have developed some smaller subcommunity over that website it certainly seems to be less accessible to mission which can stay days over to new players whome cant play mission over hours non-stop. Thought old cool cop-robbers chases would be interesting in A2 map.

Updated changelog on the first page (This version is currently online).

- changed: Players are able to enter the copbase, but it's a safe zone (Kills will be punished automatically, vehicles can't be lockpicked, bombs can't be used)

- changed: Storage in copbase 2 (Same as in Copbase 1)

- added: System for cloth

- added: Kevlar suit for police units

- added: Items - Kevlar west/trousers/gloves in a new factory

- added: Items - Small Backpack

Chernarus Life 1.00 Beta is currently running as open beta - Feel free to join. Password can be found at www.rp-mods.com

Please report all bugs you find.

May I just ask if the registration process is broken?

I'd very much like to try it out but the Thank You option requires you to activate your account with a 9 digit code sent to your email. Only issue is that I haven't recieved a mail on any of the 5 emails I've tried getting the activation code sent to.

May I just ask if the registration process is broken?

I'd very much like to try it out but the Thank You option requires you to activate your account with a 9 digit code sent to your email. Only issue is that I haven't recieved a mail on any of the 5 emails I've tried getting the activation code sent to.

I enabled your account. It seems we have a problem with the registration e-mails.

Thanks for reporting!

//EDIT

Problem fixed.

I already send a new registration mail to everyone who has not activated his account yet. Please check your spam folder, too!

If you have still trouble, please write me a PM (here).

thx.

Edited by JaKe.OnE

I dont see any links to download the mission? just addon packs? can this not be hosted on anyone's server but the "Official" servers?

:confused:

can this not be hosted on anyone's server but the "Official" servers?

Like SL, only on official servers.

Like SL, only on official servers.

And the point of not having the mission hosted for everyone to download themself is?

And the point of not having the mission hosted for everyone to download themself is?

Like the same as in SL. :)

Not having other people edit the mission and upload their edits as work of themselves. Main reason for encrypting it and setting up server dependant special scripts.

Not having other people edit the mission and upload their edits as work of themselves. Main reason for encrypting it and setting up server dependant special scripts.

Seriously? are you kidding me? thats going to help the community out for sure.

I understand with Icewindo as to why.

But i know an incredible amount of ppl that dont play it for that reason.

Originally Posted by Icewindo

I hate to see it but it is the only way to make sure the mission stays pure and credit goes to the original makers. I help with the CITY LIFE MOD and we had the same thing happen with our mission and unreleased addons. This other "mod" (if you can call it that)took them and are building on the work we have been doing for the past two+ years and removed all the original makers names and replaced them with their own.

It sucks for the player that likes to make their own changes but that is also what forums are for so you can request changes and suggest ideas.

same here...not receiving activation code for the forum. Have they closed the beta maybe?