Sign in to follow this  
Issetea

Chernarus Life (RPG)

i havnt done anything i would play on the server if my connection was good but its not

I really like the mod, but I do agree stuff is to exspensive. I only have a few hours a night to play and you can't get anything done in this game in that time frame unfortunately. But the mod is very fun, great job.

More information about the "free" beta test

You're all planning on charging a membership fee later in release?

Open BETA Test

Because there is an illegal server which hosts a stolen, modified version of the old Sahrani Life (ported to ArmA 2 and claiming as official Chernarus Life Server), we decided to make a open, public beta test again.

Because of this fact, we have decided dead against to release the first full version with source code to host Chernarus Life on other server. So we do not provide hosting files again.

We are very sorry about this step, but we do not accept illegal, stolen copies and we have to fear our work again.

Remember: This is the official and original mission of the founders Issetea and Fewo. Every other missions are NOT official, unapproved by RP-Mods.com and using basically the old Sahrani Life 1.25 version.

As a registered user of rp-mods.com you are welcome to check out the latest version of Chernarus Life!

You are still able to use your stats from the last tests. These are saved during the complete beta period!

It will be a normal game with fully server rules!

More information about the free beta test.

Did you really just use the word "illegal" ?

Edited by Adumb

Open BETA Test

Because there is an illegal server which hosts a stolen, modified version of the old Sahrani Life (ported to ArmA 2 and claiming as official Chernarus Life Server), we decided to make a open, public beta test again.

Because of this fact, we have decided dead against to release the first full version with source code to host Chernarus Life on other server. So we do not provide hosting files again.

We are very sorry about this step, but we do not accept illegal, stolen copies and we have to fear our work again.

Remember: This is the official and original mission of the founders Issetea and Fewo. Every other missions are NOT official, unapproved by RP-Mods.com and using basically the old Sahrani Life 1.25 version.

As a registered user of rp-mods.com you are welcome to check out the latest version of Chernarus Life!

You are still able to use your stats from the last tests. These are saved during the complete beta period!

It will be a normal game with fully server rules!

More information about the free beta test.

Not trying to take from u guys. This is awsome mission, an a shame not open yet. Will remove from my server til theres an OFFICIAL PUBLIC release from rightful owners.

Not trying to take from u guys. This is awsome mission, an a shame not open yet. Will remove from my server til theres an OFFICIAL PUBLIC release from rightful owners.

Fark that!

Seriously

The crying game is getting over-the-top.

Edited by Lincoln1stFJ

I wont be, its a mission, you play it and have fun.

Well Jake, are you wondering if this Lincoln guy is one of those that knicked it? Sure sounds like he'd help. And you can always do as he says and lower your standards, you know - let everyone do whatever they want, show no respect for those who actually work for the progress, uncourteously stand on others shoulders without recognition. Elitist? Or intolerant of BS? I've been called elitist before for how I played Arma I (with a good squad that's disciplined). If that's what you get called for high standards instead of the mucking around most people care for. That's my new label. Their dispise of our way of playing is a simple mirror. No better.

I didn't mod it but I will now.

Most people just want to have fun with a mission. Not worship those who made it.

I will agree, credit should always been given where credit is due.

But these missions belong to the community - saying someone stole your work when you didn't pay for it is kinda off.

lol, illegal - It's open source software.

Or do you honestly think your developers are the only ones on the face of the planet that could develop the means to put/get statistics and game values from a database server?

LOL - no one really cares about how you play but it's arrogant, selfish, and silly to expect everyone to play by your rules.

You guys want recognition? You got it - your community is known on server circles for being snobs. There is your recognition.

You guys want recognition? You got it - your community is known on server circles for being snobs. There is your recognition.

What the heck are you talking about? Who is "their" comunity? You cant blame a whole group for the trouble you have with certain individuals. So please stay in your sandbox and leave the innocent out! ;)

Is this up tonight? Im on GMT+1 and just want to test it. :)

Alex

There is only one reason why the server is protected by a password. It is a combination of words which is needed for a good game. This word is maybe in some brains on the blacklist, but it is nonetheless needed.

These words are: "Server Rules".

The players have to register to the forums and before they get the password they are forced to read the server rules. Our community wanted this step and the community managment reacted on this.

It is no crime to demand for a registration to thank to the thread.

The mission is still free to play -for everyone (except he is listed on the ban list).

The server is now up for 24/7, because we do not want that the cheap SL 1.25 ported ArmA 2 server get more visitors than the official, orginal and legit one. Thanks.

The server is now up for 24/7, because we do not want that the cheap SL 1.25 ported ArmA 2 server get more visitors than the official, orginal and legit one. Thanks.

Thats a laugh , becuse of this there are more of these servers poping up and getting more players since your post.

My question is why announce this here in released missions when you do not plan to release it . this post is just a advert for your server and fourm and not a released mission for the community.

Now if you guys would release it to server owners who agree not to give it out to others I feel your missions would fare better. Its something you can control very easy (ask me how in a pm). Ive done it before in other mods where the owner of the mod/mission wanted to control who ran the mission.

you could get your mission out there and have some nice us based servers running it.

you could get your mission out there and have some nice U.S. based servers running it.

This is the problem that I have; the ONLY server to host this mod is based out of Germany and living in the mid US makes playing on that server un-enjoyable and very laggy. My ping spikes to the high 300 to 400 :butbut: Needless to say I wouldn’t join for that.

The community is not the snobs, it is the developers. It doesn't matter that you are doing it via "donations", you are selling a product by using another commercial product. As per the EULA, you are legally NOT allowed to do this.

If you want people to play the mission/mod more, allow other servers (who have shown interest in running it) to run the mission. Simply rely on your database access (or whatever the one guy has in mind) to keep people from "stealing" your code.

CL:Ultimate has tons of potential, but it is limited by the constant crashing of your server.

This is the problem that I have; the ONLY server to host this mod is based out of Germany and living in the mid US makes playing on that server un-enjoyable and very laggy. My ping spikes to the high 300 to 400 :butbut: Needless to say I wouldn’t join for that.

i very much agree with you on this. that official CL server is based in Europe. Those outside of Europe will probably get pings of 300 to 400, just like me. So now we have no choice but to join the lower ping unofficial servers.

Selling means we earn money to our pocket AND you could only use it after buying.

You do not need to spend money for playing Chernarus Life. If you like it, you donate some money so we can spend our server.

If this would against an EULA, every clan would be illegal because they have fix rates and in a clan you MUST pay money. Think about. That CL is against the EULA is the dumbest argument I've read. This is the way you will get the server files?

Calling the Developers "snops" is another way. Why they should provide their work for you? Because you are not able to accept years of development? Because of your disrespect?

This is a case of sour grapes!

We have many US members and they have never made a complaint. So I dunno why the performance is that bad. MAybe bacause the server executive file does not support multicore?

Why do you blame us for our performance? e have much scripts, sure. But we cannot change it, otheriwse it would not be Chernarsu Life but a warfare mission or wahtever.

In fact: Many Scripts are causing many cpu-time. sounds logically, or?

Would the server support just more than one core, it could use all 4 cores of our server. But it still do not do this. Think about while we are waiting for a better server file.

Thanks for playing the official Chernarus Life mission. :)

I have no complaints about the performance of the mission. Bugs, features, etc are all typically a work-in-progress.

You only want people playing your server so they go to your website where you get money from advertising and donations?

Funny, if you embraced the community instead of snubbing it, you'd have a better chance of garnering donations and more traffic as people flock to your site to download addons, manuals, etc.

But that would make sense and would equate to the least amount of "copyrighted" control of a mission.

What it really sounds like you are saying is that you made this mission for yourselves, not the community.

---------- Post added at 04:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:10 AM ----------

Thanks to the snob level of your community, the other servers are more popular than the "Official Copyrighted Snob 1.02" server.

It will only be a matter of time before someone reverse engineers the "Official Copyrighted Snob 1.02" version.

What will you do?

Maybe send some more of your script kiddies to the other servers playing a CL variant to run hacks?

Really, it's pathetic behavior and your logic fails the most basic tests of community gaming.

---------- Post added at 04:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 AM ----------

i very much agree with you on this. that official CL server is based in Europe. Those outside of Europe will probably get pings of 300 to 400, just like me. So now we have no choice but to join the lower ping unofficial servers.

They didn't make the mission for you ryan; They appearently did for profit.

Since "no one" has a "valid" complaint - just head over to rpg-mods.com and donate some cash...even though you can't play it...while you are at it, set up a monthly subscription to them or risk racing the euronerdrage.

Oh and be sure to click on some advertising so they get paid some more.

But remember, the mission is not for you, the community, it's for their ego & manpurses.

Edited by Lincoln1stFJ

We have no advertising and I am sure you still do not understand the word "donations". We just pay the server with it and even when you are not able to understand this, we are doing this.

We do not get money for it, even when you try to claim this and to give a false color toour mission it does not change the fact we are receiving ONLY donations for server payment.

You are not a regular member in our community, so what is your problem? We have NO advertisement. The only thing is the donation button so ppl recognize what the fact is.

The players of Sahrani Life can download the addons without registration. This is since more than 8 months this way. That you are claiming they have to register shows me your low information-level.

You have just to register for the server password, and this because we want to force the palyer to recognise the server rules. That is no crime, even when you want it.

And every member of our bright community knows what is going on here. We are doing the mission for the members, and, like the other suppositions from you, we are using suggestions to build our mission. But, because you are just flaming against us, you still cannot know this because it seems you have never visited our forums/page before.

But anyway,

thanks for your propaganda and pushing our topic. TNX 1.0E6!

My pleasure. This should be front and center in the community. If you really want people to know about your mod, make it more available to the community. It's not rocket science.

I've been all over your web site, on your server, and read most of your threads. I've also been playing SL since it first emerged. I know the history of the RPG mission, and watched the (de)evolution of it's playability // rather a skew towards the law enforcement role. It might be fine for a narrow playerbase, but not the whole entire ArmA community. Now this claim to exclusive rights is over-the-top.

I was mistaken about the ads. My apologies.

Still, I can't help but be offended by the audacity in claiming the code as entirely yours and keeping it proprietary; expecting the entire world to play only on your server and by your rules. That is simply impossible and makes for a poor gaming experience for the community as a whole.

Your group does a great job with that mod but why not let it be free and share it with the rest of the world? If you love something, you must let it be free, otherwise you're being selfish.

The rp-mods.com community looks very selfish and moldy by not sharing it's developments (server-side scripts, latest updates.) with the ArmA 2 community as a whole. If you really want to control the code, you should buy a license from BI. Otherwise, you're just shitting in the community's cereal.

I am not flaming, asides from incorrectly identifying a block on your website, what was a flame? I wouldn't waste my time authoring posts to you if I didn't care.

How do you really think you will service the entire ArmA community? Earlier today I saw no less than 83 people playing a varient of your RPG scenario. Most of them were playing on "unofficial" (lol) servers.

Our server can only accept 32 players. When there are 20 or 25 players online it is okay.

We have our regular playerbase and every new member is welcome. And TBH, we are not interested in players who are just joining the server. We have a good working forum, a great webpage (it is new btw) and we want that everyone of our players use it. We are providing a marketplace (new) where everyone can sell or buy stuff (not linked with the game, not possbile, resp. too complicated). We are more than just a game server.

So we decided to force the players to visit the forum and to read the server rules.

And I am sure, we have more than 100 members online the day, they are lucky to play our mission and I am sure there are just some small things which needs to be changed (after they got adressed). As long as no one set up a posting about a problem, the problem still not exist.

When a player decided to play an unofficial version of our mission, they are free to decide/choose.

And as I read in the other thread against us: we are NOT ArmA-RP and we will never be. :)

Thanks to the players who like and support our mission.

Everyone is still free to play our mission @ www.rp-mods.com, EVERYONE!

Jake

I think this whole thread has turned in to bash fest.

Should be locked and moved to the clans fourms as it is not a post about a mission released to the community but a thread written to drive people to the OP website and servers.

It is plain to see you made a mod for yourself GREAT. Play it on your server and do not share GREAT , good for you its your right . But dont post here in Users missions and say its not for public release and that anybody running any other verision of Sl is either illeagle or a thief .

I am running on one of my servers (which stays full BTW) and will be starting a second or thrid one tonight.

The mission maker freely shares his missions and updates and gives FULL credit to the orignal makers in the startup .

None of the servers running these (mine or others) claim to be offical SL servers as you have stated on this post and your own fourms.

I also find it funny that MANY of you members are joining my server and playing for hours on end .

I think this whole thread has turned in to bash fest.

Should be locked and moved to the clans fourms as it is not a post about a mission released to the community but a thread written to drive people to the OP website and servers.

It is plain to see you made a mod for yourself GREAT. Play it on your server and do not share GREAT , good for you its your right . But dont post here in Users missions and say its not for public release and that anybody running any other verision of Sl is either illeagle or a thief .

I am running on one of my servers (which stays full BTW) and will be starting a second or thrid one tonight.

The mission maker freely shares his missions and updates and gives FULL credit to the orignal makers in the startup .

None of the servers running these (mine or others) claim to be offical SL servers as you have stated on this post and your own fourms.

I also find it funny that MANY of you members are joining my server and playing for hours on end .

Good for you. Enjoy Chernarus Life. :)

As I already said: Everyone who wants a good gameplay, saved stats and a steady growing community is welcomed.

So just visit www.rp-mods.com to play the official version and help us improving it.

Edited by JaKe.OnE