Sign in to follow this  
Raunhofer

G25 (+ other wheels?) Not working correctly

Hi

I'm proud owner of Logitech's G25 Racing wheel, but when I tried to use it with ARMA2, it was purely impossible.

I tried to drive with a ammo truck. I have to rotate my wheel something about 90'degrees so arma2 would even recognize the rotating. When I have rotated the ingame wheel to the correct angel and I've turned right on the intersection, it doesn't have any effect if I rotate my G25's wheel back to 0'degree position (it stays in 90'degrees position in ARMA2). IF I want my car to go forward once again, I have to rotate the G25 180'degrees back.

Turn Left: G25 Wheel Turn Left

Turn Right: G25 Wheel Turn Right

Please, tell if I have done something wrong in the settings or something like that, but this was the way it worked in original ARMA.

AND it's not surprising if the AI can't stay on the road, because the trucks aren't turning very realistic. Maximum turn is something like half of the real world's trucks.

I'm sure these are easy to fix problems when compared to possible engine issues, so please BI, remember me in the next patch.

Thank you :)

Why would you bother to use a g25 wheel in Arma? The trucks etc all drive like washing machines on wheels so a good wheel would be a waste. Just stick to your keyboard mouse or an xbox pc controller

Sounds like there is a 180deg deadzone from 90 left to 90 right?

Have you looked in Arma under controls, there is a button there witch takes you to a "controler setup", there might be a setting in there to set deadzone.

Also try the windows settings for the G25, try setting the wheel to use a narower band.