Sign in to follow this  
d3nn16

addMagazine command and rearm truck bug

In ArmA 1 the addMagazine command only adds magazines to the main turret.

For example if I use addMagazine on a Blackhawk only the left MG gets the new mag.

Is this bug fixed in ArmA 2 ? Is there a new command to add mags to all turrets ?

Also another bug in ArmA 1 is the repair truck. When vehicles rearm at a repair truck they don't get the same number of mags which they start with (actually they get only 1 mag).

Is it fixed in ArmA 2 ?

why not use "this setVehicleAmmo 1" instead ?

So you confirm those bugs in ArmA 2 ?

What I want to do is a pay per magazine system so I can put expensive prices for the AT missiles in particular.

For example, a commander will buy less AT missiles for his pilots so the pilots in turn will have to take care not to waste missiles on useless targets like jeeps.

A thing I did when I was playing Warfare is pilot a Kamov and shoot everything that I had as target then go rearm for $250 and got 12 new AA/AT missiles. Was fun at start but then it became boring.

Well I wouldn't say its a bug, there is just no command for it xD.

Atleast not that I'm aware of. Why not make your system for main-weapons only. Things like tankshells, missiles and such. Not for MGs. This way you wouldn't run into the problem and MG-ammo could be considered basic-loadout.

It is more complicated to script a system where players buy only mags for main weapons of vehicles because I have to check what weapons (MGs) the vehicle has and what mags that weapon uses (maybe it is possible with config commands).

For now I'm just using a list of mags, the player selects one, and hits ok and that's all :-)

_rootclass = "cfgWeapons";
_weapon = "M16";
_mags = (configfile >> _rootclass >> _weapon >> "magazines");
_mags = (getArray _mags);

This will return all valid magazines for the given weapon, could be useful to you.

no it still doesnt work in arma2. addmagazine only adds magazines to the main turret, so you cannot reload secondary turrets. its a shame bis still hasnt fixed this because i imagine would be an easy command to code :/. idk

I think the reload script in Domination attempted to reload the secondary turret (commanders gun), but was unsuccessful but left the code in. It works fine for reloading multiple magazines in a vehicle where the ammo truck would only load the current magazine (like i.e. the HMMWV Mk19). But just not the commanders gun.

Are there no improvements to the buggy reload system in vanilla Arma2? :o

nope. i even found a script from warfare2 where they had the code to reload multiple turrets, but then realised it didnt work and so bracketed it out lol.