Sign in to follow this  
inkle

where is chernaraus located in real world??

BIS states that this is based on real world location, where is it actually on google map??

TQ!

is there an exact location?? was thinking of goin into google earth to have a look ard.

The terrain data is based on part of the Czech Republic.

The country is fictitious.

There's a river. I want to say in the North of the CZR that follows the same path as the chenarus coast line. It might be the elbe river. I can't remember I found it along time ago but I can't seem to find it again.

As you probably know, the fictional country of Chernarus where the action of ArmA II takes place is based on a real part of the Czech Republic. I've been doing some location scouting in Google Maps, and I found the place they used. I thought I'd share it with you...

Search the town 'Povrly' in Googe Maps. Its ArmA II equivalent is the town of 'Elektrozavodsk' in the South East corner of the map.

Just compair the area North-West of Povrly to this official BIS map of Chernarus :

http://www.armaholic.com/pfs.php?m=view&v=3-arma2_eprison_05.jpg

The representation is incredibly accurate. I'd hate to run into a Czech guy living in the area in a Warfare game, he would have an enourmous advantage

Cheers

Nico

You should check this forum: Armaholic.com - chernarus: the real place

and this: armedassault.info

:459:

---------- Post added at 10:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 AM ----------

long time ago i saw great video where was real map converted to chernarus map... but i cant find it now.

You can find something on web. i found this:

MdlcDQNMHJ0

:yeahthat::icon_dj:

Edited by Xindar
add some links

Has anyone opened up the pbo to see what are the latitude and longitude coordinates programmed for the ArmA2 island?

If you want to see some of the Real location of the ArmA II map I did some search on the subject and put it up in the OGN Forum...

I have also taken pictures of the real world landscape and added the ArmA II town labels to them to give you a sort of an idea where you are.....

I will be adding more on different location of the the map later on. ;)

Its only basic but its pretty close

http://forums.ogn.com.au/showthread.php?t=61841;)

long time ago i saw great video where was real map converted to chernarus map... but i cant find it now.

u-eEyg8a-Fg

DarkPhantom;1308161']If you want to see some of the Real location of the ArmA II map I did some search on the subject and put it up in the OGN Forum...

http://forums.ogn.com.au/showthread.php?t=61841;)

You're wrong with the transmitter - it's Cukrák transmitter near Prague ;)

Edited by Deadfast

Thanks guys for all the info. i'm off to study on the real world location of ARMA 2. :)

You're wrong with the transmitter - it's Cukrák transmitter near Prague ;)

You could be right...by the pictures it looks like they have taken off the bottom red stripes or BIS added them on :rolleyes: what through me off.

So I have now added that to the forum

Edited by [OGN]DarkPhantom

DarkPhantom;1308413']You could be right...by the pictures it looks like they have taken off the bottom red stripes or BIS added them on :rolleyes: what through me off.

So I have now added that to the forum

I am right :p

Ivan Buchta himself confirms it in one of the videos I translated (can't remember which one).

According to the config it's located:

longitude = 30;

latitude = -45;