It might be me but I only get a respawn when I die , I do not get the option to wait for a medic to heal ?

Most likely the problem results from one of the revive options you have set in your revive_init.sqf - PM me or post it up here and I'll take a look.

Hi Norrin,

Is it possible to implement a mission with revive and only mobile respawn point?

I can't find the way.

Hi Norrin,

Is it possible to implement a mission with revive and only mobile respawn point?

I can't find the way.

The scripts are currently set up so that if you use the mobile spawn option you also need at least one static respawn point on the map - so you can't just have mobile respawn - sorry

Ok, no problem at all.

Revive Script combined with GL4 works really well.

Thanks for the answer.

Wonder if anyone is having the same problems as me. I have searched but to no avail.

The issue I am having is getting the countdown to work. When a player has been killed they immedatley get the option to respawn instead of the usual XXX amount of time before the respawn button is available. This means they die and can instanly respawn. I would like them to have to wait a certain amount of time before they can respawn. I can see the countdown timer set to 300 counting down. I have tried with both V49 and v 50 with the same results

This is for a 5 man mission using british soldiers on Cherenus with a jackal as the mobile respawn

By the way I am using combined ops.

Any help greatly appreciated

Edited by Doodle

Doodle, check in the revive_init, under //respawn dialog options, that the _respawn_button_timer isn't equal to zero. I think zero brings it up right away and 150 would make you wait some.

Hope it helps.

Doodle, check in the revive_init, under //respawn dialog options, that the _respawn_button_timer isn't equal to zero. I think zero brings it up right away and 150 would make you wait some.

Hope it helps.

Thanks that sorted it out. I thought I was going crazy I knew I had seen it somewhere.

Many thanks

Another day another question.

I ahve an ammobox at the start of the mission that uses this "null = OA_ammo3 execVM "ammo-oaw.sqf";" to custom load the box.

Was wondering if there was a way of having the same contents to the ammobox that gets dropped when the MHQ is deployed

Again thanks in advance for any help

I did it to try, just after feeling that it wasn't realistic that a new full ammobox appears each time you deploy the camo.

So I created one, (named ammo_spawn and with a custom loadout launched in the init.sqf) near a game logic called ammo_pos.

You've got to edit 2 files from the revive_sqf/mobile folder;

The first one is "deploy_camo", and as my player's side is resistance, I edited the line 18:

case resistance: {ammo_spawn setpos [_pos_vcl select 0, (_pos_vcl select 1) - 2, (_pos_vcl select 2) - 0];};

then in the file "stow_camo", the line 14:

{_x setpos getpos ammo_pos} forEach _ammo_crates;

It seems to work!!

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?p=1777995#post1777995

I have used this script in a Utes mission. Soldiers spawn up in the air when they respawn at my Carrier respawn point. And then they die from the fall. :)

Anyway to get around this? I dont use the setpos command for the soldiers - only for vehicles.

EDIT: Its in the documentation. My bad. Hopefully this will help someone else.

RESPAWNING ON THE CARRIER OR IN A HELICOPTER

You can now respawn on the carrier or in a chopper using the following method:

1. Copy the respawnSpecial folder into your mission file

2. In the revive_init.sqf on the line NORRNCustomExec3 put

NORRNCustomExec3 ="[_name,'USS Khe Sanh','chopper']execVm 'respawnSpecial\respawnSpecial.sqf'";

where: 'USS Khe Sanh' and 'chopper' are the names of the respawn points.

3. Create an APC on the USS Khe Sanh, name it Respawn_Carrier in the editor. In the init line of the APC put:

this setPosASL [(getposASL this select 0), (getposASL this select 1), 15.90]

. Also create a marker near the Khe Sanh and call it “USS Khe Sanhâ€.

4. Create a chopper with cargo positions on the map and name it Respawn_Chopper in the editor. In the init line of the chopper put

nul = [this] execVM "respawnSpecial\Spawn_chopperInit.sqf";

5. Underneath the chopper create a marker called “Chopperâ€;

The chopper is placed at 1000 metres above the land. AI units will automatically eject and use standard parachutes. This way the AI units will land near the marker and I thought this was preferable to them ending up thousands of metres away or in the ocean. Players will HALO when they eject.

When players respawn at the boat they will need to eject/get out of the APC to gain access to the deck. Playable AI units auto eject the APC but unfortunately they cannot move across the deck of the carrier so its probably best to only use this option for playable units.

NB:[/] These scripts can be adapted for extra chopper spawn points etc.

Edited by VirtualVikingX

I did it to try, just after feeling that it wasn't realistic that a new full ammobox appears each time you deploy the camo.

So I created one, (named ammo_spawn and with a custom loadout launched in the init.sqf) near a game logic called ammo_pos.

You've got to edit 2 files from the revive_sqf/mobile folder;

The first one is "deploy_camo", and as my player's side is resistance, I edited the line 18:

then in the file "stow_camo", the line 14:

It seems to work!!

EDIT - Seems to work fine - one small problem is when you deploy the mobile respawn sometimes the ammobox gets spawned under the vehicle, a Jackal in this case. Not a game breaker by any means.

Going to test on dei now.....

Thanks for your help

Thanks for the reply - Will go and try and let peeps know if this worked - Out of interest did you have this working on a dedi server?

Edited by Doodle

EDIT - Seems to work fine - one small problem is when you deploy the mobile respawn sometimes the ammobox gets spawned under the vehicle, a Jackal in this case. Not a game breaker by any means.

Going to test on dei now.....

Thanks for your help

Thanks for the reply - Will go and try and let peeps know if this worked - Out of interest did you have this working on a dedi server?

Just to let anyone know who might be interested this all worked fine on the dedi server

Thanks for your help!

EDIT - Just to let peeps know after some testing this doesnt seem to work on a dedi server - It will spawn an ammobox the first time you deploy but not after that...any iseads anyone?

Many thanks

Edited by Doodle

Hey guys I'm having a bit of a problem. When a unit dies, he immediately respawns instead of going unconscious. I have placed a game logic named server, I have defined the names of the playable units, I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

ArmAddict; make sure that in the revive_int.sqf that the NORNN_player_units, can_revive, and can_be_revived all have the named units in them. Also, make sure that mobile_man is set to objNull, no_respawn_points 0 and max respawns 1000. Don't know if that's all needed but it worked for me when I had that problem.

I implemented Norrin's revive script into my mission and there is only one problem.

1. When I die, I only respawn at my designated respawn point, and a revive dialog doesn't even show up. For example, if I die, the score menu comes up and it says "Wait (4) seconds to continue playing" and then I respawn at base.

Please help. I really want this mission working.

*EDIT*

Going off of what Ninja said, I checked my revive.init.sqf. On the NORRN_player_units, I have " [s1,s2,s3,s4,s5,s6,s7,s8,s9,s10,s11,s12]; " On the can_respawn and can_be_respawned, the unit name is "SoldierWB". Does this count as named or do they have to be the same? Also, on max_respawns, I have " (paramsArray select 1); " ...Should I set this instead to 1000 or is it fine the way it is?

Edited by Vision16

Uh...that just sounds like class names that can respawn like example

US_Soldier_Rifle_EP1 : SoldierWB

US_Soldier_Rifle2_EP1 : SoldierWB

US_Soldier_Rifle3_EP1 : SoldierWB

So instead of entering each class string he just put in the baseclass....anways a question for you is each player named like this?

Player Unit 1: s1

Player Unit 2: s2

Etc....?

Also other scripts might be linked to other player names so for instance a script that is adding an action to a player named WW wouldn't work if the player was named s1 so any other script linking a player name needs to be changed if you want them working :P

Do you mean the name under the type of soldier in the editor where it says name? I should put s1, s2, etc...?

Uhm, No.... ill try to remember how editor looks.....

Ok double click to place a unit in the editor and before you palce it look for a box that says Name: (NOT DESCRIPTION:) so it would look like this

Name:s1

arma2editorunit.jpg

Yeah I know what you mean...I changed it and worked now.

Thank you so much man!

Edited by Vision16

Hmm...Edit button wont load...Anyways..

I have one more very minor problem. When I start up my mission and spawn in, a little error message pops up saying "Script Briefing.sqf not found." I can just click continue and it doesn't mess anything up but I just wanted to see if there was an easy fix.

Hmm...Edit button wont load...Anyways..

I have one more very minor problem. When I start up my mission and spawn in, a little error message pops up saying "Script Briefing.sqf not found." I can just click continue and it doesn't mess anything up but I just wanted to see if there was an easy fix.

Make a briefing or remove the line that is calling the briefing.

Maybe [] execVM "briefing.sqf"; in the init.sqf

I removed the Briefing line and it still does it...I don't really understand how to do that briefing so I may just live with clicking continue once :D

Strange, then its must be calling it from another place.

hehe dont be lazy :)

Here is a simpel briefing with two tasks that you can download and edit. Put the briefing.sqf and briefing.html in you mission folder.

Not sure if it is me , but when I respawn I respawn at the very bottom left of the map iI have "Respawn_West" in my base where I start , but I never respawn there ? Any idea why ?

thanks

In your revive.init file you should have a section saying "Base_1". You should set a marker (F6) in your base with the same name as the name in your "Base_1" spot and designate how many spawnpoints there are above the "Base_1". The "Respawn_west" marker can be set anywhere, it's just for the coding of your respawn.