I play on my dedi server and i change the unit name by S1,S2,....

The original demo desert.pbo i try it on my server and i can't revive i respawn 1 sec later at respawn_west marker. I really understand nothing :)

Thx for your help.

Ok, unless someone else hve helped you by tonight CET I will try to help you with the details. I am a bit busy atm, so laters.

Ok, unless someone else hve helped you by tonight CET I will try to help you with the details. I am a bit busy atm, so laters.

Later thx

Hi guys, I'm running an old beta version of Norrin - maybe a month old

© JULY 2010 - norrin (norrin@iinet.net.au)

Version: 0.46 ArmA2

And it works really well. I can revive and drag and I have a spawn marker yadda yadda.

One tiny problem - when the revive timer runs out on players 2,3,4,5 (co_05 custom mission) then they get the map with the respawn options/buttons. Very good.

When player one (slot 1) dies and runs out of timer he gets the message in white text "choose respawn" but he doesn't get the map or buttons - he simply gets up and is healthy.

I could d/l the latest norrin but my mission has been tested to death and I'm hoping this is a tiny parameter that I can tweak and put this one to bed. Ta.

hello i have entered 5 units and in the revive_init.sqf i have entered the 5th unit as s5 so thats ok but when i start my mission it says----------

Unit selected is unconscious please press escape, return to the unit selected menu and choose another playable unit

dose any one know what might be wrong thanks

You have most likely placed your playable units too close the respawn_west or boor_hill markers in the editor. Make sure you move both of these markers well away from where your units start out and it should be fine.

I have two scripts I'm trying to use, that are being called from the init line of players. I wish to have them reactivated after the players are revived, teamkilled, or if they have to respawn.

The scripts are right in my main mission folder, not in a "scripts" folder.

I believe I need to use the last section of the Revive menu options, called user code? Is that correct? And if so, what would be the right way to go about doing that? I'm trying various ways, and the last run through I did was

NORRNCustomExec1 ="execvm ""launchMissile.sqf"",""legheal.sqs"";hint ""myoutput"";"; // Exec1 occurs following being revived

NORRNCustomExec2 ="execvm ""launchMissile.sqf"",""legheal.sqs"";hint ""myoutput"";"; // Exec2 occurs when you team kill

NORRNCustomExec3 ="execvm ""launchMissile.sqf"",""legheal.sqs"";hint ""myoutput"";"; // Exec3 occurs when you spawn at base

but I'm not seeing the hint, and I don't seem to be getting my scripts back either.

Any kind-hearted tips would be greatly appreciated.

I'm at work mate so i can't test your code but try doing this

NORRNCustomExec1 ="execvm ""launchMissile.sqf""; exec ""legheal.sqs""; hint ""myoutput"";"; // Exec1 occurs following being revived
NORRNCustomExec3 ="execvm ""launchMissile.sqf""; exec ""legheal.sqs""; hint ""myoutput"";"; // Exec3 occurs when you spawn at base

There's no need to put anything into the teamkill line (ie. NORRNCustomExec2)

I'm at work mate so i can't test your code but try doing this
NORRNCustomExec1 ="execvm ""launchMissile.sqf""; exec ""legheal.sqs""; hint ""myoutput"";"; // Exec1 occurs following being revived
NORRNCustomExec3 ="execvm ""launchMissile.sqf""; exec ""legheal.sqs""; hint ""myoutput"";"; // Exec3 occurs when you spawn at base

There's no need to put anything into the teamkill line (ie. NORRNCustomExec2)

Thank you for responding. He still didn't get those scripts back after respawning or reviving, ... however,

at the same time, I added your just re-released Aerial Taxi, and applied it to my character (squad leader), and after respawn that didn't return to me either. :confused: So, now I'm starting to think it's something that I have done wrong on my end.

I think I'm using revive #48, with the init_revive from #46, and the latest 72967 beta. Somewhere along the line I may have botched a setting, or a descript.ext, or something. At this point, I just don't know.

But thanks again, and I'll keep poking around.

I also am having a problem where it kills me and doesnt put me in a revivable state,it takes me straight to respawn_west, i have spread them out and gone over the script multiple times.

The odd thing is that it was WORKING, then suddenly all my missions that had the script woudnt all anyone to be revived,straight to respawn_west/death.Im going to redownload the script today and give it another shot maybe it was an error on my part something that i adjusted etc etc, if still no luck then im leaning towards it was an A.C.E update or a addon/mod that was added to the missions cant be sure though.I'll keep this updated.

Hey im having a little issue with getting the revive script to work,

Scenario,

Singleplayer warfare game,

-8 team leaders all in different groups, Synced to the WARFARE

--using herrera, drake etc from OA.--

I dont want them to get killed but i also dont want them invinsible so i thought i might use your script to revive the squad leaders.

issue is the revive script does not work outside of my group, is there any work around or a really simple script you have lying around i could pinch, :rolleyes:

Basically im looking for the nice damage system so they aint dropping <>+/\. And then when they get to a certain level of damage they need reviving. Respawning etc etc is all needless. Any help appreciated. thanks and great work.

I have a problem with revive script in OA, when AI get shot and revived they just lays on the ground with the hands infront of their head like they still are in captive mode.

This also brings another issue, when the above happens the rest of the AI stops responding to any orders and just walks around in "circles" near the "stucked" AI, they do shoot at the enemy but refuses to move away.

Could this be a configuring issue or does revive script not work properly with OA?

Nevermind...

It's the beta patch that doesn't seem to work properly with revive script!

Edited by JW Custom

One thing i dont understand if i want 3 opposite side ex: BAF vs TK and all vs Guer(Ai) what i need to do:

ENEMY SIDE TO PLAYABLE UNITS:

FRIENDLY SIDE TO PLAYABLE UNITS:

Thx for your help.:)

I have a problem with revive script in OA, when AI get shot and revived they just lays on the ground with the hands infront of their head like they still are in captive mode.

This also brings another issue, when the above happens the rest of the AI stops responding to any orders and just walks around in "circles" near the "stucked" AI, they do shoot at the enemy but refuses to move away.

Could this be a configuring issue or does revive script not work properly with OA?

Nevermind...

It's the beta patch that doesn't seem to work properly with revive script!

Correction, it also happens in non beta :(

I think you'll need to run a separate copy of the revive script suite for the third side perhaps?

I think you'll need to run a separate copy of the revive script suite for the third side perhaps?

GUER is AI not importance if i can just set the revive just for two side EAST and WEST would be perfect.

Ahh.. in that case you might need to specific which units are on which side I think rather than just use playableUnits.

Humm yea but how i can do that? :)

---------- Post added at 02:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:22 PM ----------

Ok i think i find the solution i create a new revive_init.sqf with only East player unit and east respawn and another one with just West things. :)

No this is not the solution :(

Edited by DarkEclip

Hi guys,

I've just tried OA with the latest beta patch and version 0.48 of the revive in an addon free mission and one using several addons (AAW stuff) and that uses GL4.

I tried both missions hosted locally and on a dedicated server and if the AI units were part of my group they responded correctly after being revived ie. took up their weapons stood up, started firing etc.

So I'm not sure where the problem is - can you give me a few more details:

1. Were you using any addons that change AI behaviour or any others

2. Were the non-responding AI units part of your group.

3. If they weren't part of your group who was controlling them - the server, another player?

4. What version of the revive scripts are you using - it should be version 0.48 if you are using AO or BAF.

Thanks,

norrin

Hey im having a little issue with getting the revive script to work,

Scenario,

Singleplayer warfare game,

-8 team leaders all in different groups, Synced to the WARFARE

--using herrera, drake etc from OA.--

I dont want them to get killed but i also dont want them invinsible so i thought i might use your script to revive the squad leaders.

issue is the revive script does not work outside of my group, is there any work around or a really simple script you have lying around i could pinch, :rolleyes:

Basically im looking for the nice damage system so they aint dropping <>+/\. And then when they get to a certain level of damage they need reviving. Respawning etc etc is all needless. Any help appreciated. thanks and great work.

Hey guys don't want to be a nag so il try once more.

Anyone with a solution?

Would be massively appreciated. Thanks

Hi guys,

I've just tried OA with the latest beta patch and version 0.48 of the revive in an addon free mission and one using several addons (AAW stuff) and that uses GL4.

I tried both missions hosted locally and on a dedicated server and if the AI units were part of my group they responded correctly after being revived ie. took up their weapons stood up, started firing etc.

So I'm not sure where the problem is - can you give me a few more details:

1. Were you using any addons that change AI behaviour or any others

2. Were the non-responding AI units part of your group.

3. If they weren't part of your group who was controlling them - the server, another player?

4. What version of the revive scripts are you using - it should be version 0.48 if you are using AO or BAF.

Thanks,

norrin

1. I tried both beta OA and just OA along with jarhead sound mod

2. I had a 10 man group and i were leader

3. ^^

4. I tried http://www.norrin.org/downloads/OA/Revive/revive047.rar but also 0.48 and 0.46. With 0.48 i had no "UNCONSCIOUS CAMERA OPTIONS" just the counter was visible so i labled that not working!!

Version 0.47 says OA in the link so i assumed that was what i needed :)

Thanks for your help :cool:

Yep - version 0.48 is the one you want - here's that link again: http://norrin.org/downloads/OA/Revive/revive048.rar

Also if you have no unconscious camera options make sure the following option is set in the revive_init.sqf

_follow_cam = 1;

PS: I've updated the first post

Cool, thanks for your help i'll try it tomorrow when i've sobered up :D