Domination has been real annoying lately because of that ammo box bug, whether it is OA's end or not. :/

Also, as far as I can tell, Norrin's revive script works fine in OA. Obviously you have to change the class names of some things in the script (HMMWV Ambulance, Medics, soldiers, etc.), but that's real easy.

Hi norrin!

I´ve been using your revive-script for a long time now. It always worked perfect. But since the arrive of OA i got one problem:

After respawn the new arrowhead-backpacks are filled up again with the default equipment of a soldier. For example if i change the loadout-content of the backpack from 1 laserdesignator, 2 smokegrenades and 7 magazines to 10 magazines only and i get shot, after revive i got the designator and the smokegrenades in the backpack again.

Is it possible to make the revive-script compatible to the new ruck-loadout?

Thx in advance,

MadMike

Edited by MadMike[Brig2010]

I know I'm missing something really simple with this script but I just can't seem to get it to work.

I thought I'd set it up as per guide but obviously not.

I'm trying to use the script so each player can be revived a maximum of three times but with no respawns at all. If the player is not revived within 5 minutes they die and similarly once a player has been revived three times the fourth kill means the player dies.

Anyone help? It's bound to be simple that's why I can't fix it :o

Hi norrin!

I´ve been using your revive-script for a long time now. It always worked perfect. But since the arrive of OA i got one problem:

After respawn the new arrowhead-backpacks are filled up again with the default equipment of a soldier. For example if i change the loadout-content of the backpack from 1 laserdesignator, 2 smokegrenades and 7 magazines to 10 magazines only and i get shot, after revive i got the designator and the smokegrenades in the backpack again.

Is it possible to make the revive-script compatible to the new ruck-loadout?

Thx in advance,

MadMike

I second that! if you could make sure that the backpacks you pickup in the game STAY on when you respawn.

that would make me very very happy

when a player gets revived he looses his weapons, how can i stop that from happening?

Hi guys,

I'm very busy with my job and family at the moment and I have very little time to devote to scripting. So far I've only spent a couple of hours with OA and its going to take me at least a couple of weeks to get my head around the new functions (eg. I haven't even used the new back pack system yet!) - also quite selfishly I'd like to have the opportunity to play through a few of the new missions, maybe even the campaign, before I start rewriting scripts to make everything compatible with OA.

On top of this I'm not entirely sure the revive scripts are really needed any more as apparently I have been told there are some new functions within in the game that might make them redundant and its going to take some time to explore this possibility.

If they are needed its probably time to rejig the entire system again, for instance, get rid of the copious setVehicleInits used that cause issues with JIP in long and large MP missions.

With the current amount of time I have to devote to ArmA2 I must warn you this may take some time so I wouldn't hold your breath.

To compound these issues I'll also need to buy a 2nd copy of OA so I can properly test any revisions to the scripts in MP and seeing I've completely blown my PC budget for the time being this in itself may take some time. Finally, to top it all off, there's the continuing work on the AAW mod which at this point takes preference over any other work that I'm currently doing.

Sorry about this,

norrin

Edited by norrin

Family always comes first. Thanks for the update.

@Norrin:

Since ArmA II works without flaws in OA I don't expect major issues with the revive script. Even the heredity is the same, still referring to the ArmA II base classes. There shouldn't be a problem at all, only new class names.

does anyone know where i can change the USMC ammo crate to US ammo crate when you deploy the Mobile respawn vehicle?

i can't find it anywhere

I tired with OA and after I respawn at a marker everything stops working. Anyone esle hafing any luck?

It's working for me as it should, including healing/bandaging.

Here's what I'm curious about. The First Aid modules seem to work well, but I prefer the respawn functions of Norrin's revive script. Is there any way to intigrate the game's stock healing and revive functions but use this revive script upon death to handle respawns and gear?

The over-weight and over-bearing revive - for when a vege burger just isn’t enough :)

Version 0.45:

http://www.norrin.org/downloads/OA/Revive/Revive_145.rar

Compatible with (Hopefully):

SP

MP

JIP

AI enabled/AI disabled

ACE and OA back packs

Tested with:

ArmA2 1.07 and OA

Background

This has probably reached a point where it can go into general circulation. So far its only been tested with 2 players on a dedicated server so it needs stress testing with a greater numbers of players – although it looks the same the code has been changed quite a bit and there may still be bugs. Please let me know if you find any.

Hopefully removed all the setVehicleInit statements from the code, this will reduce network traffic and more importantly dramatically reduce the JIP download that’s been causing the ever popular desynch in long and large missions.

Important Changes to the scripts

If you use the BIS respawn function (ie via the game menu) your unit will automatically die – or in the immortal words of Bill Paxton “Game over, man! GAME OVER!!!"

NORRN_player_units –Do not put the playable unit's names in quotation marks – if you do you’ll get errorama. You can also define the unit names using the playableUnits command (see test mission for example).

SP Notes – Don’t use MP parameters (ie. via the description.ext) to define the number of revives or you’ll get an error and scripts won’t work.

Other Stuff

Don’t forget you don’t need to add the revive pdf to your mission it just adds to mission bloat.

It’s the same old Utes test mission so if anybody wants a template mission set up for one of the OA maps please let me know.

My time is limited so other than fixing bugs I won't be able to set this up in people's missions like I used to do for earlier incarnations of the script.

Finally, I’d like to thank Rommel for the little discussion we had a few days back – seems I’ve still got a lot to learn about this scripting business.

Best wishes,

norrin

Edited by norrin

If you use the BIS respawn function (ie via the game menu) your unit will automatically die – or in the immortal words of Bill Paxton “Game over, man! GAME OVER!!!"

Automatically die as in revive won't work anymore or you end up back at base or what? The Respawn button is quite useful in many situations, especially if you happen to end up bugged or something.

Automatically die as in revive won't work anymore or you end up back at base or what? The Respawn button is quite useful in many situations, especially if you happen to end up bugged or something.

It means the death camera starts - I'm really sorry kylania its that or no OA backpack revive compatibility, unless of course BIS release commands that allow us to check the contents of an ammo box (these exist in VBS2 so maybe one day they'll find their way here) - its really your choice if you don't like it use the earlier version of the script.

EDIT: Been thinking about this further - it would be possible to make the BIS menu respawn button work, however if you were use this button you would respawn without the OA back-packs or wrong OA back-pack contents - I'd also have to put back in some code, which is really ugly and uses call compile format ad nauseum, that I have just removed, your thoughts?

Oh and just to clarify I'm talking about the BIS respawn button ie. the one that appears if you press "Esc" key, not the respawn_at_base buttons that appear while unconscious, as the respawn_at_base buttons still work as they always have.

Revive Version 0.45 SP/MP/OA compatible:http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1681530&postcount=513

Edited by norrin

Very nice!

If we use ACE we should use the older version then? Since ACE uses their own rucks.

I did get the old version to work with OA but the mobile spawn tent and ammo boxes were not being seen. I think it might be because I was using standalone version of OA though.

The main thing with the respawn button is just having an option to kill yourself when you're unable to do any other options, say when you're stuck in a rock or something like that from falling down a cliff.

If there was some other way of suicide, it would be fine really. Then again, the ability to keep OA backpacks and their contents after a respawn kind of outweighs the need to reconnect. :)

Very nice!

If we use ACE we should use the older version then? Since ACE uses their own rucks.

I did get the old version to work with OA but the mobile spawn tent and ammo boxes were not being seen. I think it might be because I was using standalone version of OA though.

The new version should automatically work with both ACE and OA backpacks ie. no configuration is necessary. I haven't got OA installed as a standalone (just combined operations) so please let me know if you run into the same problem with the latest version.

@ky - I might see if I can add my own stand alone respawn function bound to a key press in an update.

Thanks,

norrin

Thanks for keeping this updated Norrin, appreciate all the extra time! :)

Norrin,

Thanks for all the work on keeping this updated. It is appreciated. I have been using the newest version and so far no problems.

This newest version also fixed a problem I was having before OA came out. Sometimes, on certain maps the mobile marker would just stop moving. You could move the mobile but the marker would stay put. This update fixed that problem.

Nomadd

thanks norrin... very powerful revive script.

So I'm not sure about anyone else and this may very well be an issue on my end, but when I do not name the players (s1, s2, etc) and just have them set to Playable (apparently this is supposed to be all you need now), the player comes in as invincible.

Also, still not sure how I feel about not being able to use the respawn button. Is there a way around this?