My team had the "the ghost who walks"-bug lately. We're playing ArmA II on a windows dedicated server (up to 8 players). However it's affecting even missions with our on revive system. It may not be directly related to norrins revive script.

@norrin:

Thank you for your support :) I'm not using normal interface size because it's way to large for me (playing ArmA II in full hd on a 27 inch tft). I guess most people aren't affected by this problem because they've got a smaller tft.

My team had the "the ghost who walks"-bug lately. We're playing ArmA II on a windows dedicated server (up to 8 players). However it's affecting even missions with our on revive system. It may not be directly related to norrins revive script.

Mate just make sure you're not generating any variables that contain a lot of info if you're sending them across the network.

Iv tried to read thrue the post, but not exactly found the answer to the problem i have experienced. I got the revivescript to work nicely on local host, but as soon as i get onto a dedi server, the mobile respawn option only makes you respawn back to "respawn-West" and it does not seem to matter what i do with the mash tent.Anyone have a suggestion or explanation of this issue ?

I have continued to look for this problem, but im afraid im not able to figure out the issue. As far as i recal the mobile respawn worked in 1.04 can this problem be caused by the 1.05 patch?

Also i tried to disable the mobile respawn function, but the ingame option is still there, just without the name( mobile respawn) on the button. Iv set mobile respawn function to 0 and changed the player parameter to objnull. Is there anything else i need to do completly remove that function?

Regards Sjaba

Hi norrin if tried the 2 versions here and the only work that works 100% is the interim one

The potencial release version some times works and some not so at the end of any game your always a ghost but maibe if you oly die 1 or 2 it mite work.

And on the potencial release one its very dificult tu revive only 10 seconds and normaly you die always is that because of ace mod?

If tried both version with ace and without ace at the latest version.

Thx a lot mate for helping us out anything you need im here to help.:bounce3:

@Jaime - try the 0.42 version here: http://www.norrin.org/downloads/ArmA2/revive/AI_enabled/Revive_TEST_042.utes.rar

The reason for the short revive time is that it was deliberately set to 10 seconds so that I could test what would happen when AI respawn at base. The 0.42 version has a revive time of 300 seconds. Oh and as long as your not using ACE wounds then revive and ACE should be compatible.

If its still not working can you PM me more details on things like server set-up, does it work if you are revived but not if you spawn at base and any else tiny detail you can think of as it all helps - try and write down the exact gameplay steps that you need to perform to make the bug appear reliably.

@Sjaba - there's no way I can diagnose the problem if you don't send me the mission here with a list of addons mate

Edited by norrin

Ok thx for the response Norrin, will do, just read somwhere that you did not want people to send the maps, so i dident ;)

Will send later.

Regards Sjaba

Hey Norrin - first of all - great work on the script!

I tried to add you on MSN but ill ask here as well... my problem is that I have several scripts running looking is the players are !alive ... but with revive script the player never really die he is just unconscious while waiting for a revive... now my question is how can I identify if a player is unconscious? I use the same player names as you s1-s10.

Edited by RonnieJ

I think he has the variable

NORRN_unconscious

and how you would use that is

nameofunit getVariable "NORRN_unconscious";

which would return true or false I believe. This is a guess by looking at his script.

Cool Ghost... ill give it a go :)

---------- Post added at 10:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 PM ----------

Jep thats the stuff ghost! :) worked like a charm!

Thanks Ghost, beat me to it :)

Also wanted to point out that the units do die when they fall unconscious in these revive scripts so !alive should work. The sequence of events is:

1. the player is shot and dies (4 second respawn time);

2. screen turns black as the unconscious camera starts;

3. the player respawns at base but as the screen is black the player is unaware of this,

4. the player's alive body is forced into the unconscious animation and then is transported back to where it was shot

5. view fades in to camera view of player's body on the ground

PS: Everyone, I'm away and off line until 26th Jan so I'll answer any questions, emails and PMs then.

PS: Everyone, I'm away and off line until 26th Jan so I'll answer any questions, emails and PMs then.

LOL @ out of office reply :)

i need some help finding where the error is.

the problem is selecting how many revive i like to have in game

if i select 5, 7, 10 or 20 i only get 2 life's infinite life and no revive is working

hello

night vision don't work in incounsious cam (on @ace mod)

hey norrin

perhaps you or someone could be kind enough to explain how I could get a seperate script working for east and west sides. I can implement this ok for one side but what would i have to do/change to get this working for opposition as well ? im creating a multiplayer where the player can play us forces or local militia.

Thanks

hey norrin

perhaps you or someone could be kind enough to explain how I could get a seperate script working for east and west sides. I can implement this ok for one side but what would i have to do/change to get this working for opposition as well ? im creating a multiplayer where the player can play us forces or local militia.

Thanks

this is what i did

_can_revive = "soldierEB"; //array no.18

_can_be_revived = "soldierEB"; //array no.20

_medic_1 = "RU_Soldier_Medic"; //array no.76 - Used in conjunction with

the players are Insurgents

but when i selecting 5, 7, 10 ,20 i only get 2 life's and i dont know how to fix it

Im making a new mission again but now when i try to play with the revive script it says;

''Player selected is unconcious, press escape and return to the unit selection menu to choose another unit''

Well, its something like that, i cba to check again now. Can anybody help?

if you get the unconcious menu you need to move your west and east spawn points further apart

ive @this is bosnia yeah i foound an example to initiate a script depending on which side the player is. But before I go into that I need help with the spawn selections. if your on west you run revive_init_west or if your on the east side you run revive_init_east

Ok so we have to create a respawn_west which is the main spawn point then additional spawn points as defined west_spawn_1 etc. For them to work from the selection menu I have to make sure the respawn names are used in the revive_inti script otherwise I get sent to position lower left of map. How can i make it so that instead of using the spawn names (respawn_west) in the seleciton menu i can use text i.e vehicle depot or forward operations base ? ive tried naming the spawn points as

name: spawn_point_1

text: vehicle depot

but if i use vehicle depot in the init config it doeesnt work

hope that makes sense

---------- Post added at 04:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:51 PM ----------

update @this is bosnia

could it be this ?

_JIP_respawns = [2,30]; //array no.63 - 0 - off or the number of lives players receive when they join in progress , JIP time after the mission starts

do you start on allied then change to east ? if so this may be affecting the number of lives you get when switching sides ?

Can someone tell me how I can set it up so that there are NO respawns, but that revive is switched on? I'm not sure it's even possible having read the instructions?

try the following

// RESPAWN OPTIONS

_no_respawn_points = 0; //array no.12 - no of respawn points (Max number 4)

_Base_1 = ""; //array no.13 - spawn position names

_Base_2 = ""; //array no.14

_Base_3 = ""; //array no.15

_Base_4 = ""; //array no.16

_Base_free_respawn = [1,0,0,0]; //array no.36 - select whether to allow respawning at spawn points even if enemy troops are present (options OFF = 0, ON = 1)

_respawn_at_base_addWeapons = 1; //array no.11 - unit respawns with waepons it commenced the mission with

Found out about the unc_theme feature and also got it to work.

But i´d like to have the sample being replayed over & over again.

Now where would i need to look at to make this?

Getting seriously lost in all those scripts :blush:

edit: found the line in \revive_sqf\cam_follow.sqf

Time for voodoo now.

Edited by Mr Burns

Hi norrin,

I've got an issue again with the mobile respawn :( It isn't working anymore. Here's what I did in my tests:

- revive version 0.3f

- respawn tests on the 1.05 windows dedicated server

- Community Base Addons (older version than the current)

I know it worked until patch 1.05 very well. Here is a short description of the problem:

When the player deploys the mobile respawn the tent is placed but the mobile respawn marker isn't visible. Once I died I'm not gonna spawn at the tent but at the position where I placed the mobile respawn marker in the editor.

However if I leave the server and join again I can stowe the tent and deploy it again. Then the mobile respawn works perfect again.

So here's my question. Do you know of any incompatibility between the revive script and community base addons, patch 1.05 or some other related stuff.

I had those problems a few months ago during patch 1.04 and an update of community base addons solved the problem. I'll consider an update. However I'd like to hear your opinion.

Best wishes,

Legis

Hi Norrin

If tried the new revive you posted for me and it solves completly the ghost error we tried it with up to 20 people at the same time reviving and no trouble at al thx a lot.

PD: Sorry for the delay if been a few days out

@Norrin:

For further tests I had updated the dedicated server and my client with community base addons 0.3.0. The mobile respawn only works in the first mission loaded. Once I want to play another mission using the mobile respawn I have to reconnect to the server and restart the next mission.

Edit:

I just did a rollback to the prievous cba version and updated the mission I tested with your latest revive (0.42), but the mobile respawn still doesn't work. There might really be some conflict between CBA and your revive script again. However I'm not sure who's causing it, your script or CBA. Please have a look into it again. I neither can drop your script or cba because it's necessary for the caa1 mod :(

Edited by [GLT] Legislator

Need help please......

Ok I am using the Ace special forces Attack grenadiers:

The normal script looks like this....

// ================================================== ================

// UNITS THAT CAN REVIVE/UNITS THAT CAN BE REVIVED

_can_revive = "USMC_Soldier_Medic"; //array no.18

_can_revive_2 = "FR_Corpsman"; //array no.19

_can_revive_3 = ""; //array no.72 - NOT IMPLEMENTED

_can_revive_4 = ""; //array no.73 - NOT IMPLEMENTED

_can_be_revived = "soldierWB"; //array no.20

_can_be_revived_2 = "USMC_Soldier"; //array no.21

_can_be_revived_3 = ""; //array no.74 - NOT IMPLEMENTED

_can_be_revived_4 = ""; //array no.75 - NOT IMPLEMENTED

_medic_1 = "USMC_Soldier_Medic"; //array no.76 - Used in conjunction with medpacks and bleeding

_medic_2 = "FR_Corpsman"; //array no.77 - Used in conjunction with medpacks and bleeding

_medic_3 = ""; //array no.78 - NOT IMPLEMENTED

_medic_4 = ""; //array no.79 - NOT IMPLEMENTED

//================================================== ======

And my script looks like this:

// ================================================== ================

// UNITS THAT CAN REVIVE/UNITS THAT CAN BE REVIVED

_can_revive = "ACE_SF_FR_Corpsman"; //array no.18

_can_revive_2 = "FR_Corpsman"; //array no.19

_can_revive_3 = ""; //array no.72 - NOT IMPLEMENTED

_can_revive_4 = ""; //array no.73 - NOT IMPLEMENTED

_can_be_revived = "soldierWB"; //array no.20

_can_be_revived_2 = "ACE_SF_FR_Assault","ACE_SF_FR_Corpsman","ACE_usar my_sniper"; //array no.21

_can_be_revived_3 = ""; //array no.74 - NOT IMPLEMENTED

_can_be_revived_4 = ""; //array no.75 - NOT IMPLEMENTED

_medic_1 = "ACE_SF_FR_Corpsman"; //array no.76 - Used in conjunction with medpacks and bleeding

_medic_2 = "FR_Corpsman"; //array no.77 - Used in conjunction with medpacks and bleeding

_medic_3 = ""; //array no.78 - NOT IMPLEMENTED

_medic_4 = ""; //array no.79 - NOT IMPLEMENTED

//================================================== ======

Am I doing something wrong? Because when I die my dude just spawns out to the Island spawn point. respawn_rest

Edited by Solarghost