I spent a little bit of time on the Kelly's Heroes Server with Jman and crew this morning and witnessed first hand what's happening.

Here's what I think is occurring - for some reason you are desynching when you respawn and although your position is updating locally for you its not updating across the server so you are not appearing on the other players PCs.

Hopefully with Jman's help I'll get it sorted but just one question for everyone who is having this problem are you using a wireless internet connection?

norrin im not using wireless and im sufering of the problem if been al day testing in servers what happens and i can say for sure its not only a revive problem it happens also in another mp maps like ai domination, but revive trigers it 100% of the time when you die and in domination ai with or without mods at about 10 min it happens but dont know exactly what trigers it but maibe it might be when you die.

thx a lot for the help cause i love this game and im starting to lose mi faith with the bug cause i cant play in mp nearly nthing:(

Guys by the way if got the problem and mi game is via steam may that influence the error?

Cause in mi server nobody has the steam version and im the only one with the problem

I sure that's just a redherring as I'm not using the Steam version.

any news in how to solve the problem or a way to cantact bohemia to get a solution?

I'm very sorry for the delay Jaime . With the help of [KH]Jman and [KH]Cross and everyone else at Kelly's Heroes we've now tracked down the problem and have identified a fix using code kindly provided by Xeno - I'm just waiting on the results of what is hopefully one final test of the revised code from Kelly's Heroes and if that is OK I'll post it straight away.

Hiho norrin, we haven't talked for a very long time now :p I'm using the latest revive for weeks now and - great news - my team and I haven't found any huge bug or problem.

Well ... there is one tiny issue :o I don't know if you have used the GLT Framework or played missions using it. It has a viewdistance dialog that allows the player to alter the gras layer and the viewdistance during a game, even in mp mode. When using the revive script, the action menu entry of the viewdistance dialog is somehow overwritten. Within the GLT Framework there is a own revive creation used by one of my team members. When using this GLT Framework Revive the action menu entry doesn't disappear after some respawns/revives. You're free to look into the code of it. Maybe you can find something that helps you fixing this tiny issue :)

I'm looking forward to future versions of your script!

PS:

Has anyone noticed this? The spectating camera doesn't support every monitor resolution :(

arma22010010721481194.th.jpg

Edited by [GLT] Legislator

The 1.05 "ghosting" problem isn't new to me. I've experienced it since I started playing Arma 2 (with patch 1.04). I ended up leaving my clan because of it as they always played missions with the revive script and I got tired of having to quit the missions after the 1st death.

I'm hoping Norrin finds a fix for it so I can re-join the clan and start playing missions again.

The 1.05 "ghosting" problem isn't new to me. I've experienced it since I started playing Arma 2 (with patch 1.04). I ended up leaving my clan because of it as they always played missions with the revive script and I got tired of having to quit the missions after the 1st death.

I'm hoping Norrin finds a fix for it so I can re-join the clan and start playing missions again.

Read two posts above ;)

Norrin has already found the culprit & implemented a fix and we have the amended RC and hopefully we'll be able to test it out today and let norrin know about the outcome. I believe it should be out shortly after that, ie if there is nothing else to fix/test.

thx a lot guys for helping us out with the ghosting problem, cause is a mayor game killer for me at the moment.

Iv tried to read thrue the post, but not exactly found the answer to the problem i have experienced. I got the revivescript to work nicely on local host, but as soon as i get onto a dedi server, the mobile respawn option only makes you respawn back to "respawn-West" and it does not seem to matter what i do with the mash tent.

Anyone have a suggestion or explanation of this issue ?

Read two posts above ;)

Norrin has already found the culprit & implemented a fix and we have the amended RC and hopefully we'll be able to test it out today and let norrin know about the outcome. I believe it should be out shortly after that, ie if there is nothing else to fix/test.

Ah bloody excellent! :yay:

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the problem is all fixed and the updated script will be out real soon.

Thank you to Norrin and all who are helping fix/test it, it's going to be great to get back into some MP clan missions again :)

That will solve one of my two problems, Telstra sees it fit to put a brand new developing estate on a congested rim hence my only option of ADSL 1 & fluctuating speeds. I've recouped some of my personal expenditure costs (trying to find the problem in the 1st place) through the TIO but nothing can be done about the crap infrastructure. As if Telstra is interested in anything more than profits and shareholders.

I've joined the ever longer growing list of Telstra haters.

But enough of that, lets play some Arma 2! :D

Edited by Freebie

@ Mofo - yes mate I remember your problems well - I'm sorry that its taken so long for it to be finally addressed but the release of 1.05 has exacerbated the problem. If it wasn't for Jman finding two mission that were very similar but in one he had the problem and in the other he didn't I would have never tracked it down.

You can never have too many testers so here's a link to the latest release candidate: http://norrin.org/downloads/ArmA2/revive/Revive_TEST_04f.utes.rar (Please note this is a test release only)

So if any of you ghosts try it please let me know how you get on.

ok im editing a domination mission i added a group of pilots when they die they spawn 4 seconds later on the boot_hill marker ive been reading threw this thread and i dont understand how to fix it:/ its only the pilots that do this

Interim Fix for the "invisible man" bug

You can download it from here: http://norrin.org/downloads/ArmA2/revive/AI_enabled/Revive_TEST_04n.utes.rar

Many thanks to [KH]Jman, [KH]Cross for their patience and good natured help with testing fixes for this problem and to xeno of course for his weapon respawn code.

This should get you up and running again if you are suffering from this problem - it removes a tiny bit of functionality from the revive but I don't think anybody will notice - I'm working on fixing this anyway and will get a new release posted as quickly as possible.

@Mofo - mate if you can convince Preacher to put this on the server you can check if you're good to go now.

@lynxwolf - last time I checked domination uses xeno's modified version of these revive scripts based on a version made some time a go. You'd be best to pursue him about this as if this is true then nothing said here may be relevant to your problem

norrin is there anyway to allow everyone on the map revive i actually think that would fix it

Edited by lynxwolf

norrin is there anyway to allow everyone on the map revive i actually think that would fix it

Depends on what side your players are, if they are west then "soldierWB" in the _can_be_revived option in the revive_init.sqf should do the trick.

Interim Fix for the "invisible man" bug

You can download it from here: http://norrin.org/downloads/ArmA2/revive/AI_enabled/Revive_TEST_04n.utes.rar

(See previous post for full details)

EDIT: Potential release candidate for final fix

http://norrin.org/downloads/ArmA2/revive/Revive_TEST_04q.utes.rar

Test at your own peril - hopefully will not only fix the invisible man bug and maintain full revive functionality but it also will be compatible with both ACE and vanilla without a need for an entry (_ACE_mod) in the revive_init.sqf

Edited by norrin

Guys it works at least for me thx a lot norrin. mate you saved mi live!!!:bounce3::bounce3::bounce3:

Norrin at what time could i catch you on the kelly server to thank you guys for the amazing job?

The question is norrin how will this be implemented in the game, like in future misions or it has to manualy added to the missions?

Thx a lot:yay:

Thank you Norrin! I'll speak to Preach about implementing it on the servers. Can I ask what the problem actually was? I'd love to know why I was getting the ghosting problem but no one else was? What makes me so "special"? :icon4:

I got it to work but when i revive i get all the actions 2 times on my action bar and then after i revived someone, the action is still in the action bar and when you press revive again then the player that gets revived gets stuck and cant move...

possible fix?

@Jaime - Its up to the mission maker to add the script - as long as the Potential release candidate is working it should be a simple matter to update existing missions as well - just replace the revive_sqf folder in the mission file with the one in the latest version

Oh, I meant to ask have you tried both versions ie. the "interim fix" as well as the "potential release candidate"? If so are both working for you?

@Mofo - I need confirmation that the "Potential release candidate" version is working before I can be certain mate - but will let you know ASAP.

@infamous, mate its not clear to me whether you were having the ghost problem or you're having more general problems setting up the script in your missions - check your PMs.

Download the two versions here:

1. Interim Fix for the "invisible man" bug:http://norrin.org/downloads/ArmA2/revive/AI_enabled/Revive_TEST_04n.utes.rar

2. Potential release candidate for final fix: http://norrin.org/downloads/ArmA2/revive/Revive_TEST_04q.utes.rar

norrin I only tested the interim one but ill try to test the other one today ill post the result as soon as if done it

Just got the good news from Messers JMan and Cross :)

Download

http://www.norrin.org/downloads/ArmA2/revive/AI_enabled/Revive_TEST_042.utes.rar

Fixes

* The "C" key press while dragging bug

* The invisible man bug - thanks to [KH]JMan and [KH]Cross at Kelly's Heroes

* Removed dependency for _ACE_mod param in revive_init.sqf - ammo respawn now works for both ACE2 and v1.05 without need for this parameter switch - thank you Xeno

* Updated ReadMe

Other Notes

This revive_sqf folder should work with the revive_init.sqf from any missions made with revive versions 0.3+ so if you need to update your mission because of the "invisible man" bug just swap the revive_sqf folder in your mission with the one in the archive.

The "invisible man" bug

Wow this was a hard one - here's what I think may have been happening but remember I'm only guessing now.

The previous versions of the script generated a global variable that was transferred across the network that contained a list of the weapons and the magazines that a player was carrying when he fell unconscious as well as a couple of other parameters.

_body setVariable ["NORRN_unc_array", [_dir, _offset, _magazines, _weapons, _revive_damage], true];

As you can imagine this array list of magazines and weapons would be quite large (as it lists each mag etc by name) and therefore a huge variable (containing an enormous amount of information) was being transferred across the server network.

In the mission that Jman found that worked the lists of magazines and weapons in the NORRN_unc_array variable were empty as some other code added by the mission maker was taking care of weapon respawn, therefore, the NORRN_unc_array variable was quite small.

So why was this a problem, now be warned the rest is just guess work, depending on certain internet connection conditions, such as your bandwidth, speed of connection, line quality and global warming :) (or any combination of these factors) it appears that sending this huge variable across the network was causing desynch between the client's PC and the server, which in turned caused the "invisible man" bug. This desynch problem seems to only occur for a very small number of revive users and whatever was changed in ArmA2 v1.05 seems to have exacerbated this problem.

So the moral of this story is do not send enormous variables (especially ones that contain lots of strings) across the network.

@Legis - will take a look at the GLT Framework first chance I get - also for the camera dialog problems you're having make sure interface size is set to normal and see if that helps

Edited by norrin

That's great news Norrin :D

I can only speak for myself when I say that my internet isn't the best quality. I'd be interested to know what the net quality is like for the other ppl who suffered from "the ghost who walks" problem.

I haven't tried it out yet myself but it definately sounds like it's fixed. So I'd better get back to ZSU and apply to re-join :756: