Yes, the playable unit names are filled in. Although I have renamed them (for Alpha squad) into a1, a2, a3, a4, a5, a6 and (for Bravo squad) b1, b2, b3, b4, b5 and b6.

Is that a problem?

No i don't think that should be a problem.

What do you have the the parameter _can_revive and _can_be_revived set to?

I think it should be "SoldierEB" for _can_be_revived and same for _can_revive unless you want to restrict medics to be the only one who can revive then it should be "SoldierEMedic". I'm not complete sure about this though.

No i don't think that should be a problem.

What do you have the the parameter _can_revive and _can_be_revived set to?

Right now, it's still the default value, soldierWB. I think you're right, it should be soldierEB.

I'll give it another try. I'll get back to you guys soon.

Thanks.

hi there,

i managed to run the revive script properly (within f2 framework).

but unfortunately the vanilla style healing options for medic still remain in the menu. when i use the vanilla "heal player" option, than i surpass norrins revive option. (not necessary to stop bleeding and so on).

is this normal or do i have to take out the "vanilla heal" option?

if so, how to do that? im confused right now.

the revive is v3e within f2 framework. things work fine so far but this

is really annoying as it prevents to play the medic like intended.

any ideas?

greets

docmabuse

hi there,

i managed to run the revive script properly (within f2 framework).

but unfortunately the vanilla style healing options for medic still remain in the menu. when i use the vanilla "heal player" option, than i surpass norrins revive option. (not necessary to stop bleeding and so on).

is this normal or do i have to take out the "vanilla heal" option?

if so, how to do that? im confused right now.

Hi mate,

I think you're talking about magic healing ie. the option a medic will get to heal damage of other players back to 0. If you are then this option is hard-coded into the medic/corpsman units config, so short of reconfig'ing your own medic units there's not much you can do about it.

There is a work around though as you can choose some other unit as a medic, let say the scout for arguments sake. You can then designate the scout unit as can_revive in the revive_init.sqf and even only give the scout unit bandages so only the scout which is now medic can revive and bandage others.

norrin

... the option a medic will get to heal damage of other players back to 0. If you are then this option is hard-coded into the medic/corpsman units config, so short of reconfig'ing your own medic units there's not much you can do about it...

you can use a "HandleHeal" eventhandler to replace the hard-coded healing.

Hi, I have followed this thread since the start but now I have a problem that I dont recall reading a solution to.

If I have a group, all playable, and have AI enabled the AI also gets more lifes and help in reviving and can be revived.

Is there a way to have a group playable but to have revive available only to the players? The AI can revive, thats ok, but I dont the AI to be revivable.

Hi, I have followed this thread since the start but now I have a problem that I dont recall reading a solution to.

If I have a group, all playable, and have AI enabled the AI also gets more lifes and help in reviving and can be revived.

Is there a way to have a group playable but to have revive available only to the players? The AI can revive, thats ok, but I dont the AI to be revivable.

Well I am not sure this is exactly what you want but this does work.

What I learned is you can have AI that are NON-Playable and some that ARE-Playable and if the NON-Playable are part of your Group all can/will revive you.

However I have DisableAI = 1.

So when the AI die they do not respawn but players do. I have tested this in MP and works.

Vengeance

Hope this helps.

Sorry no :)

I have playable units in some missions so people can choose what to play. But as it turns out it is a revive-fest. Its all about reviving AIs and players. For example when 2 have 5 lives each they are unstoppable AND slow because of everyone running around reviving lol.

I dont want to limit the playable slots because of choice and possibility of many players. I cant take away AI as they play an important part in the missions.

I guess I have to go group respawn on this.

Thanks for trying Vengeance :)

@andersson - I'm sorry mate but I'm really confused about what you are asking here.

Can you please give a clear explanation of exactly what you are trying to do and what the problem is so I can understand your requirements.

ok.

Example (have a few missions so I make a general example):

5 teams of 10 units each. All playable.

Players normally between 2 and 10. The slots that are not taken must be AI controlled as all play a part.

I wanted only the players, regardless of slot, to be revivable.

If all AI is revivable the full force will be "multiplied" by the number of lifes which makes it too unbalanced. Also the progress of the mission suffer as AI is spending too much time reviving each other and getting shot and getting revived :)

norrin, this is not of a real importance for me as groupspawn will work fine in the missions due to the amount of AI. I, we, are just so hooked up using your script :D

So unless you find some kind of satisfaction/interest in making this work I suggest you spend your time with better things, I dont want to demand too much ;)

I asked too see if I missed some feature, but I guess not?

Many thanks norrin!

Just a small update adding compatibility with ACE2 rucks and a couple of fixes

Download

http://norrin.org/downloads/ArmA2/revive/AI_enabled/Revive_TEST_04.utes.rar

Added

New option in revive_init - _ACE_mod - when turned on enables respawning ruck sacks

Fixed

Hopefully fixed missing parameters for _AI_aware function as identified by Wolfy.au

Ability to change posture while dragging - eg. you can no longer drag other units while prone etc.

NB: No need to update the revive unless you're planning on using ACE2. Also remember there have been changes made to the revive_init.sqf so if you update your going to have update this config file as well

Guiguit59;1517528']Hi all' date='

I want a script like weapons_respawn.sqs Revive compatible with the script. If someone can help me?[/quote']

Hi mate, revive already has a built in weapon respawn system. Here's how it works, if you are revived you respawn with the weapons you fell unconscious with, if you respawn at base you can respawn with the weapons you fell unconscious with, the weapons you started the mission with or a specific set of weapons as set in the revive options.

Haven't been able to confirm if this is related to Revive or another script, but I've had bugs where units spawn as invulnerable. Anyone else experienced that with this version of Revive?

Haven't been able to confirm if this is related to Revive or another script, but I've had bugs where units spawn as invulnerable. Anyone else experienced that with this version of Revive?

The part of the revive relating to invulnerability while unconscious hasn't been changed for some time (maybe last change 6 or 7 versions ago) so if it was OK in the previous few versions it should hopefully still be OK now - unless the beta patches have messed something up, of course.

Hello... I just loaded up an old Revive mission that worked great with the previous patch (and betas). But after updating Arma2 to 1.05 the revive won't kick in... Neither will any of my parameters (even if I use the new system). The unit will respawns at the marker.

Is the a common poblem?

Sorry for asking such a noobish question, but I really am new to this script and didn't read all 35 pages. :o :)

Is this script MP only (that means that it has to be played on a server) or can it be inplemented in a normal SP mission too?

Because I am making a single player mission where civ1 finds civ2 injured in a deep forest and civ2 is unable to stand up (unconcious animation). Civ1 can only drag / carry him, but can't give him first aid.

Can this revive script maybe be something what could help me?

I tried it with the BI modules too but with them it is only possible to have both options available -> drag and first aid. But I need it this way that only the drag option is available for the player.

Can you help me somehow?

Thank you very much.

The part of the revive relating to invulnerability while unconscious hasn't been changed for some time (maybe last change 6 or 7 versions ago) so if it was OK in the previous few versions it should hopefully still be OK now - unless the beta patches have messed something up, of course.

I'm using this new revive version on ACE2 and 1.05 and when I respawn I am invisible, invulnerable and cannot enter vehicles.

Jman;1530936']I'm using this new revive version on ACE2 and 1.05 and when I respawn I am invisible' date=' invulnerable and cannot enter vehicles.[/quote']

Can confirm with the latest build that I and a few others have noticed this problem.

If I drop my gear peeps can see it, I can pick my gear backup but no one elses. I am invisible, invulnerable and cannot enter vehicles.

I am running no other mods apart from ACE2

Edited by [KH]Jman

I'm back from holidays now and just trying to get ACE2 installed on my second PC so I can test this with multiple players on a dedicated server as I haven't been able to trigger the bug so far with a single player on a dedicated server.

One thing you might want to try is to make sure the

_altUnc_animation = 0;

in the revive_init.sqf as Wolffy suggested this may fix the problem.

If this fixes things please let me know or if you get any more information on how to trigger the bug please post.

thanks and sorry for this stuff-up,

norrin

EDIT: OK got two players now running ACE2, nothing else and I still can't trigger the bug - tried AI disabled/enabled using _altUnc_animations on and off, starting mission without weapons then taking weapons from crates etc - can someone please email me a mission in which you are experiencing this problem to norrin@iinet.net.au as I need to check out what other scripts/ACE modules you are running in case there is a conflict somewhere.

@Tophe can you send me your mission as well as a list of any addons you are using please mate

One final thing if you are using ACE2 make sure you are not using the ACE2 wounds if you are using revive as this will cause conflicts

Edited by norrin

Hi Norrin, thanks for the reply. Yeah if I look into the mission.sqm I see that ace wounds is active in the addOns[] but I've not dropped the ACE wounding module in the mission. I have attached the mission. What is odd is that I seem to be the only person with this issue, other player who have connected to the mission are fine. I'm running ACE 2 and only ace no other mods and 1.05. I can replicate this 100% of the time. If I run Vicious Villains 1.8 all works fine. It seems to point to a script issue but why does it affect just me?. Vanilla 1.05 + the latest ACE2, no addons. I can make a video if required.

It would be really nice to find out what the problem is. I've hit a brick wall.

.Chernarus.rar"]Download mission

I'm downloading ACE2 again in case I have a corrupt file.

Edited by [KH]Jman

@Jman - thanks for posting your mission mate. So far I haven't been able to trigger the bug in your mission yet - but maybe try moving the line

//Initialise revive script (this next line is needed for revive script)
server execVM "revive_init.sqf";

until after the

//=============== PLAYER SYNC ====================================
if ( (!isServer) && (player != player) ) then
{
   waitUntil {player == player};
   waitUntil {time > 10};
};
//============= END OF PLAYER SYNC ===============================

in the init.sqf and see if that helps. Its sounding like there maybe some desynch causing the prob and this may help. I'll spend some more time looking into it tonight when the kids are in bed. Just one other thing can you confirm whether you are hosting or is this on a dedicated server?

Cheers

guys if got the same problem with revive and ai missions y turn into a ghost and cant interact with anything