yer check that and it ok any more ideais

here it is but is only s1 s2 that start the game unconscious andthen it says please return to start of missions and pick a diff unit but just test it with the unit not in a built up base and it ok so that ok aslong asi start them outside the base

// LIST OF PLAYABLE UNITS

NORRN_player_units = ["s1","s2","s3","s4","s5","s6","s7","s8","s9","s10","s11","s12","s13","s14","s15","s16","s17","s18","s19","s20"];

// ==================================================================

Edited by Lightninguk

yer check that and it ok any more ideais

here it is but is only s1 s2 that start the game unconscious andthen it says please return to start of missions and pick a diff unit but just test it with the unit not in a built up base and it ok so that ok aslong asi start them outside the base

Try make a little space between units make sure they got enough room. If that doesn't help then also try set units Special to None.

These things worked for me!

@ bartkusa - you've asked a question that I've been dreading answering, but here it goes:

What does the revive script do?

In its most basic form the revive script offers an alternative to the built in respawn function provided by BIS - it only works in MP missions. Essentially when a player is killed rather than dying and respawning at base he falls unconscious where he was shot and then he can be revived by another player and start from where he was killed, with the same weapons and ammo he was carrying.

While the player is lying unconscious waiting to be revived he can spectate any of the other units in his team using a range of cameras.

The script is designed to enforce team play as the only way you 're going to respawn is if some one comes to you aid.

You can see an old video showing (from 2 and a half years ago) showing this basic functionality here:

- mind you it’s a lot more refined than this now eg. additional camera functionality amongst other things.

Now that's the script in its simplest form but there are a myriad of additional options.

These include but are not limited to:

* Can enforce a set number of lives per player before he is declared dead outright

* Enable a revive time which if it elapses results in (your choice of) player death, automatic respawn at base or the players choice of multiple respawn points

* You can limit who can revive, for instance may specify that only medics can revive.

* Unconscious bodies can be dragged and carried, loaded onto vehicles and taken to specified CASEVAC points to be revived.

* Bleeding and bandages can be enabled - when damage reaches a certain level a unit starts bleeding - this can be stopped with bandages, if bandaging does not occur bleeding can cause unconsciousness - it also causes temporary black-outs

* You can also designate the number of revive packs a player carries so that he may only be able to revive lets say 3 players before he has to restock at a MASH tent

* Possibility of a mobile respawn point, either player or vehicle based

* The scripts are playable AI compatible and there are options so that playable AI automatically move to and revive unconscious team mates or only come to the aid of a player if he calls for help (an option to the player while unconscious) - or if sent by the team leader to help another player or unit.

* If using AI you can specify that the AI throw smoke when attempting to revive as well as have a second AI unit provide cover while the other revives.

etc etc.

* Revived units can be given damage so that they are not a full health once the regain consciousness.

Using these options, the basic game play of ArmA2 can be made easier or a hell of a lot harder - most importantly they will hopefully enforce team play in the MP environment.

@ Lightninguk - It sounds like your respawn marker (eg respawn_west) is too close (within 100 metres) to where your playable units start the mission. If this is the case try moving respawn_west a lot further away.

Edited by norrin

@ bartkusa - you've asked a question that I've been dreading answering, but here it goes:...

I'm really glad you answered it :D

The video looks a lot like ArmA2's First Aid module. Looking at your broad feature list, it looks like the differences are:

• Smarter AI (smoke, cover)
  • More configurable (max # revives, configurable time to bleeding-unto-death)
  • Bleeding + bandages
  • Loading bodies onto vehicles

If I'm not going to use the (impressive) respawn functionality, I'm not sure it's worth using this over the built-in First Aid module.

Edited by bartkusa

not sure if it been ask but here goes at thestart of a mult player mission i get s1/s2 player is unconscious please return to start of missions and pick again but if i pick s3 it work any ideai why i get this error thanks for your time in this matter

That may happen if:

- You didint set up the players name in the editor as you wrote it in the revive_init.sqf (it has to be the SAME name on both the editor and the script)

- The respawn marker (respawn_west, respawn_east, etc) its at the same location of the players respawn, to fix this you have to move the marker away and it should work

I dont know why but I can get this thing to work proberbly... I only need the revive bit and thats the only thing I cant get to work.

When I shoot a teammate I get no revive option and the player is plain dead on the ground not in the "hurt" state.

I tryed to change the test mission posted by norrin but nothing... I made 2 players s1 / s2 West soliders... and added:

/ LIST OF PLAYABLE UNITS

NORRN_player_units = ["s1","s2","s3","s4","s5","s6","s7","s8"];

/ UNITS THAT CAN REVIVE/UNITS THAT CAN BE REVIVED

_can_revive = "soldierWB"; //array no.18

_can_revive_2 = "soldierGB"; //array no.19

_can_revive_3 = ""; //array no.72

_can_revive_4 = ""; //array no.73

_can_be_revived = "soldierWB"; //array no.20

_can_be_revived_2 = "soldierGB"; //array no.21

Revive Update Version 0.3g (7th November 2009)

Had a chance to actually play a couple of missions that use the script over the last couple of weeks and realised the revive timer count down was hopelessly inaccurate so I've tweaked the code - it should now only be a couple of seconds out after a 300 second revive time limit rather than 30 seconds out. I've also fixed the anti-water code to make it more compatible with AI and removed the second death that occurs after washing ashore so the number of deaths on the scoreboard should accurately reflect the number that have occurred. If you get the swimming on dry land bug please let me know.

Download

http://norrin.org/downloads/ArmA2/revive/AI_enabled/Revive_TEST_03g.utes.rar

You know the drill - if you're a repeat offender then just copy the new revive_sqf folder over the existing one in your mission

Edited by norrin

@ bartkusa - you've asked a question that I've been dreading answering, but here it goes:

What does the revive script do?

In its most basic form the revive script offers an alternative to the built in respawn function provided by BIS - it only works in MP missions. Essentially when a player is killed rather than dying and respawning at base he falls unconscious where he was shot and then he can be revived by another player and start from where he was killed, with the same weapons and ammo he was carrying.

While the player is lying unconscious waiting to be revived he can spectate any of the other units in his team using a range of cameras.

The script is designed to enforce team play as the only way you 're going to respawn is if some one comes to you aid.

You can see an old video showing (from 2 and a half years ago) showing this basic functionality here:

- mind you it’s a lot more refined than this now eg. additional camera functionality amongst other things.

Now that's the script in its simplest form but there are a myriad of additional options.

These include but are not limited to:

* Can enforce a set number of lives per player before he is declared dead outright

* Enable a revive time which if it elapses results in (your choice of) player death, automatic respawn at base or the players choice of multiple respawn points

* You can limit who can revive, for instance may specify that only medics can revive.

* Unconscious bodies can be dragged and carried, loaded onto vehicles and taken to specified CASEVAC points to be revived.

* Bleeding and bandages can be enabled - when damage reaches a certain level a unit starts bleeding - this can be stopped with bandages, if bandaging does not occur bleeding can cause unconsciousness - it also causes temporary black-outs

* You can also designate the number of revive packs a player carries so that he may only be able to revive lets say 3 players before he has to restock at a MASH tent

* Possibility of a mobile respawn point, either player or vehicle based

* The scripts are playable AI compatible and there are options so that playable AI automatically move to and revive unconscious team mates or only come to the aid of a player if he calls for help (an option to the player while unconscious) - or if sent by the team leader to help another player or unit.

* If using AI you can specify that the AI throw smoke when attempting to revive as well as have a second AI unit provide cover while the other revives.

etc etc.

* Revived units can be given damage so that they are not a full health once the regain consciousness.

Using these options, the basic game play of ArmA2 can be made easier or a hell of a lot harder - most importantly they will hopefully enforce team play in the MP environment.

@ Lightninguk - It sounds like your respawn marker (eg respawn_west) is too close (within 100 metres) to where your playable units start the mission. If this is the case try moving respawn_west a lot further away.

Wow, I didn't know your script contains all those options, because most servers that even use it, just let everyone revive everyone as often as they want.

Question: I suppose if someone drops unconscious, bleeding is pointless, since his hitpoints probably are already zero. A timer could limit the time span for a possible revive, simulating people bleeding out.

Is it possible to stop such a timer while people are loaded into a Medevac, simulating casualties being stabilized?

What I would love to see implemented is a limited number of bandages for bleeding, one or two for regular soldiers, ten for Medics.

@Cool Breeze - if the "no revive" option is chosen in the mission start-up screen then the units respawn at base rather than falling unconscious so you will not have the drag and carry options as these can only be used on unconscious units.

If the mission is set up in a way that it allows revive at Medevac only then playable units will not be able to revive but they would be able to cary or drag units to a medevac vehicle or structure for revive.

@Salah ad Din - Different numbers of bandages and revive packs for normal and medic class units can already be set in the revive options. Down load the script and check out the readMe for details on how to do this.

The stabilize option is a nice idea and its something that I wanted to implement - if you scroll down the revive_init.sqf revive options you'll see a line already there for the function just haven't had a chance to write the necessary code yet and at this point its going to be a while before I get a chance.

Hey Norrin - first of all, great work mate.

Not sure if this has already been mentioned, but I found I was getting this error in my arma2.rpt:

Error in expression <];

_count_enemies = 0;

_known_enemy = nearestObjects [_name, [_enemy_units_1,_>

Error position: <nearestObjects [_name, [_enemy_units_1,_>

Error Type Any, expected String

So to fix it, I've added two lines to revive_init.sqf:

_enemy_units_1				= "SoldierEB";
_enemy_units_2				= "SoldierEB";

Not sure if its the right solution, but it did make the error go away! :)

Keep up the excellent work and thanks again!

Thanks for that Norin,

But I need to be able to pull injured troops out of harms way so that medics can do their job, so should I:-

1. Use the revive script and add the battlefield simulation module, I think there maybe some problems with this though?

2. Not use revive script as I just want the re-spawn part and just re-spawn the old way and accept that players will have to check weapon load-outs when they re-spawn.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks

Cool Breeze

Norrin, I'm sorry to say there is a problem with respawning on the USS Khe Sanh. Here's what I did:

- taking the example of your example mission and fitting it into my mission (respawn works so far in local mp mode)

- however I didn't use the USS Khe Sanh on Utes, but on a community island: using USS Khe Sanh by Myke

- every time a player respawns on the LHD he stands on the deck for a few seconds, then falls through the deck into the water. Even if there would be some addon issues the player would have to be transported into the vehicle that had to be set up for the Khe Sanh respawn?!

- the issue occured on the 1.04 windows dedicated server while playing with 6 players

My people are taking a look into it. If they discover a solution for the problem (if there is) I'll post it here :)

Norrin, I'm sorry to say there is a problem with respawning on the USS Khe Sanh. Here's what I did:

- taking the example of your example mission and fitting it into my mission (respawn works so far in local mp mode)

- however I didn't use the USS Khe Sanh on Utes, but on a community island: using USS Khe Sanh by Myke

- every time a player respawns on the LHD he stands on the deck for a few seconds, then falls through the deck into the water. Even if there would be some addon issues the player would have to be transported into the vehicle that had to be set up for the Khe Sanh respawn?!

- the issue occured on the 1.04 windows dedicated server while playing with 6 players

My people are taking a look into it. If they discover a solution for the problem (if there is) I'll post it here :)

If it helps I have seen this very problem as I use this configuration in all my missions but have seen this error in other peoples missions when I add the LHD. What I have found is that because of script in the init file that is either WaitUntil or other scripts being run it slows down the creation of the LHD, but the player (or AI) are created ahead of it. You can raise the elevation of the spawn of the Player but unfortunately this creation time is not very consistant. Only solution I have found was either script a delay of moving your Player or AI to the deck or delay the time consuming script giving time for the LHD to be created first before placing objects. I have also moved my Player and AI into a Helo at start and had it land on the LHD using Mando Heliroute.

Hope this helps.

Hi, I've been trying to get this script working for AGES...

When I test my mission, something strange happens. 30 - 60 seconds after the mission has started, the screen goes black and it says "Mission Failed: All players are unconscious". However, I'm still alive and I can still fire my weapon during the time that text is on screen.

I have set up the description.ext, added the markers, copied all of the files to my mission directory... nothing. I'm getting desperate here.:( Can anyone help me, please?

Just check where you placed your Playable units is not within 50m of your respawn_west marker. Thats the problem I was having recently.

Hi, I've been trying to get this script working for AGES...

When I test my mission, something strange happens. 30 - 60 seconds after the mission has started, the screen goes black and it says "Mission Failed: All players are unconscious". However, I'm still alive and I can still fire my weapon during the time that text is on screen.

I have set up the description.ext, added the markers, copied all of the files to my mission directory... nothing. I'm getting desperate here.:( Can anyone help me, please?

make sure your units are named in the editor AND that you have those names in the "revive_init.sqf" file where they are supposed to be. also make sure the "respawn_west/east" marker is over 50m away like wolffy said. i had the same problem tell i realised where i had to put the names

Big thank you to Norrin for such a wonderful bit of script. As far as I'm concerned, it's what makes Arma2 worth playing for hour upon hour. I've even taken to adding it to missions I find online, to help me learn about editing, and to help me get survive/finish the missions when playing alone with AI. :o

I just wanted to say that I have seen a few times where my mobile spawn point seems to stop getting 'moved along' / updated. Sorta sounds like what has been talked about earlier in the thread.

I'll take the tent, and move it along with me throughout the mission, to various points. But sometimes, I'll set it up somewhere newer, closer to the action, but when I hit the "Mobile" respawn button, it sends me back to where I had the tent set up a few times ago. Much further back.

Wish I could be of more help. I don't expect anything in terms of reply, just wanted to offer my 2cents (I am using latest Revive script, and latest non-beta Arma2).

Once again, Thank You for making so much fun possible.

Norrin, I'm sorry to say there is a problem with respawning on the USS Khe Sanh.

I have to correct myself :o It was my mistake. There was a wrong marker defined in the revive_init.sqf and the AAV was given no name. :o Everything works now.

I have to correct myself :o It was my mistake. There was a wrong marker defined in the revive_init.sqf and the AAV was given no name. :o Everything works now.

Hate when that happens! :)

Alright, the revive script works a lot better now, but I still have a small problem.

My teammate doesn't get a revive option in his action menu. All he can do is "Greeting".

I think it has something to do with units that can / can't revive. How do I fix this? I also see something about _allied_side_1, I assume those have to be East, and enemy side has to be GUER?

FYI, the mission takes places on the Russian side (MVD Spetsnaz) and the players fight against the NAPA.

Edited by Buzz_Fledderjohn

Hello.

I have a problem, and I can't seem to fix it. I have everything working properly, but whenever a player dies, a new npc spawns right next to him and falls down to a prone position. There are two npcs standing there... and it looks incredibly weird.

In the test example given and in other missions that use this script that I have tested, they don't cause this. And I haven't seen ANYTHING in my options that could be causing this bizarre behavior!

Any help please? Thanks!

EDIT: CRAP. I once again didn't see that this was for Arma 2 and not Arma... gah, time to find the Arma thread, unless I can get in answer in this one!

Edited by Raziaar

My teammate doesn't get a revive option in his action menu. All he can do is "Greeting".

Are you sure his unit name is in the NORRN_player_units array?

NORRN_player_units = ["unitName1","unitName2","unitName3"];

Are you sure his unit name is in the NORRN_player_units array?

Yes, the playable unit names are filled in. Although I have renamed them (for Alpha squad) into a1, a2, a3, a4, a5, a6 and (for Bravo squad) b1, b2, b3, b4, b5 and b6.

Is that a problem?

Edited by Buzz_Fledderjohn