Sorry if this has already come up but there is alot to read through

Is there any possibility to include revive in PvP for both sides?

if not is that kind of function planned?

Norrin your great work has improved gaming in my community big time , thank you for your hard work!

Is there any possibility to include revive in PvP for both sides?

if not is that kind of function planned?

This was covered earlier in the thread. Just use a separate revive script for each side.

I believe that this is possible with one revive script running. The only drawback i can see is the fact that only one mhq is usable atm within the script.

Norrin, I've got a bad message for you :( Do you remember the mission you fix for me? Well .. I didn't change anything and started the mission on the 1.04 dedicated server. The mobile respawn didn't work again! So I did some tests because I had several addons running. I removed the Community Base Addon & Extended Eventhandler from the mod directory and started the mission again - mobile respawn worked again.

I guess some the (extended?) event handlers are not compatible with your revive script :(

Maybe you can reproduce it?! If not, let me send you the mission again.

So I have 2 helicopters and 4 soldiers that are playable. The problem I am having is the 2 helicopter names don't seem to work on the crew inside them. I would just create an empty vehicle and put in individual soldiers to make it work but when I do the helicopters don't unload transport very well but they do when I use a preloaded one. So does anyone know how I would name the individual crew members inside a preloaded vehicle so I can get the revive script to work on them?

Anyone got the problem that if a player is rendered "unconsious" he just lands on his back says ouch and then rolls over on his stomach lying there looking normal like hes lying down aiming. but still waiting for revive?

I have seen this on the last few updates of the script, the mechanics works perfectly but it just looks anoying :P

Edit : problem is solved thanks Norrin!

Edited by Matte54

Norrin, thanks for the revive sripts! I am interested in how I change revive parameters, so that they become Param3, while you have them in the script is set Param2 ???

Pardon me for my bad English... =)

Edit : problem is solved thanks Norrin!

So how did you solve it?

Maybe other people could benefit from your solution :)

Hi all

I am trying to solve a problem for one of our players.

Whilst playing Domination missions (which uses this script), if he is shot and killed we cannot revive him or drag his body. Whilst he is laying wounded he cannot see his body. After the 240+ seconds has elapsed he does not get the option to re-spawn at either the base or MR1/2.

Everyone else can be revive/dragged, get s the option after 45+ seconds to respawn etc. I ahve had him create a new profile and the same issues occur. He does not have the same issue on any other server (other than our server).

I am certain that DOM uses the "Revive AI-disabled" script , and he is the only one to get a message to say so!

Has anyone else experienced this? It just seems so odd that it only affects one player, and for the life of me i cannot see what would cause it.

Any suggestions on how to fix this. As you can understand it is very annoying for him to leave the game and rejoin every time he is shot!

Cheers Harry

Hi all

I am trying to solve a problem for one of our players.

Whilst playing Domination missions (which uses this script), if he is shot and killed we cannot revive him or drag his body. Whilst he is laying wounded he cannot see his body. After the 240+ seconds has elapsed he does not get the option to re-spawn at either the base or MR1/2.

Everyone else can be revive/dragged, get s the option after 45+ seconds to respawn etc. I ahve had him create a new profile and the same issues occur. He does not have the same issue on any other server (other than our server).

I am certain that DOM uses the "Revive AI-disabled" script , and he is the only one to get a message to say so!

Has anyone else experienced this? It just seems so odd that it only affects one player, and for the life of me i cannot see what would cause it.

Any suggestions on how to fix this. As you can understand it is very annoying for him to leave the game and rejoin every time he is shot!

Cheers Harry

I am not sure I can answer your question or if NORRIN can as XENO who wrote the Domination Revive Version has modified NORRIN's script heavily. Assuming you have not modified Xeno's Version in any way then it has to be something on your Clients side. A Mod conflict or ping rate too long, I would suggest you look at both first. Mind you the version of Revive that Xeno is using is quite old.

I'm useing in the Xeno-revive-version from his domination-maps in my map and have a simple (?) question:

How can I change the hight of the base_respawn_1? I would like to place the revive-respawn-marker on a scripted LHD, but everytime some uses the respawn back to main-base ends in the water UNDER the LHD.

Can anyone help or has some ideas?

Not simple at all unfortunately, I would not use Xeno's Revive in your mission as NORRIN has already setup his New Version to use the LHD as a Spawn Point.

I also want to announce that I'm taking a backward step from the community. I'll still be updating the revive script for new patches, I may even add some new features from time to time but I won't be supporting this script or any of my other work to the same extent as previously.

This means I won't be answering PMs or emails for help any more - I'm very sorry about this but its been getting a little out of hand recently and I simply can't help everyone who asks for scripting/addon help and advice and maintain my own sanity, which is questionable at the best of times.

Understandable. Im very glad that you will continue to support your revive through the patches as this is essential for me :)

Thank you!

Not simple at all unfortunately, I would not use Xeno's Revive in your mission as NORRIN has already setup his New Version to use the LHD as a Spawn Point.

I've tested the new scripts with a scripted carrier and I used a MV-22 instead the AAV7 on the carrier. It works with the AAV7 and the MV-22 very well, but i think the new respawn-script is to extensive for a domination map.

Is it possible to transfer the respawnSpecial into the "old" revive-script (version 1.4) with this function only to respawn in a vehicle?

Edited by Natalon

I'm using this as a template for my mission. I have only changed the players names...s1,s2 to accomodate up to 10 players.

Most of the time, people are able to revive. I dont want any respawns. The game will end when everyone is unconcious, but occasionally when a player dies they simply respawn straight away at the Respawn_West marker (which i have placed miles away from boot_hill or the combat) (does this have to be in, if I dont want respawns?)

Why is this happening?

Cheers

How did you fix this? I could use a solution to this aswell. :yay:

Hello,

I am trying to change the weapons in the ammo box

created by deploy_camo.sqf.

I try to add :

null = _vcl execVM "ammo.sqf";

But it doen't work.

Thanks for your help and thanks for your revive script.

Try something like this:

switch (playerSide) do 
{
case west: 		 {_ammo = "USSpecialWeaponsBox" createVehicle [(_pos_vcl select 0) + (4 * sin (_dir_vcl + 90)), (_pos_vcl select 1) + (4 * cos (_dir_vcl + 90)) , 0];};
case east: 		 {_ammo = "RUBasicAmmunitionBox" createVehicle [(_pos_vcl select 0) + (4 * sin (_dir_vcl + 90)), (_pos_vcl select 1) + (4 * cos (_dir_vcl + 90)) , 0];};
case resistance: {_ammo = "GuerillaCacheBox" 	 createVehicle [(_pos_vcl select 0) + (4 * sin (_dir_vcl + 90)), (_pos_vcl select 1) + (4 * cos (_dir_vcl + 90)) , 0];};
};

_ammo setVehicleInit "nul = [] execVM 'ammo.sqf'";
processInitCommands; 

It doesn't work for me.

Here the script and your modification.

/*
DEPLOY CAMO SCRIPT

© norrin, April 2008 
***********************************************************************************************************************************
deploy_camo.sqf
*/

_vcl 				= _this select 0;
_pos_vcl 			= getPos _vcl;
_dir_vcl 			= getDir _vcl;

switch (playerSide) do 
{
case west: {_the_box ="USBasicWeaponsBox" createVehicle [_pos_vcl select 0, (_pos_vcl select 1) - 2, (_pos_vcl select 2) - 4];};
case east: {"RUBasicWeaponsBox" createVehicle [_pos_vcl select 0, (_pos_vcl select 1) - 2, (_pos_vcl select 2) - 4];};
case resistance: {"GuerillaCacheBox " createVehicle [_pos_vcl select 0, (_pos_vcl select 1) - 2, (_pos_vcl select 2) - 4];};
};

_the_box setVehicleInit "nul = [] execVM 'ammo.sqf'";
processInitCommands;

_vcl setFuel 0;
_camo = "Land_CamoNetB_NATO" createVehicle _pos_vcl;
_camo setDir (_dir_vcl + 90);
_camo setPos [(_pos_vcl select 0) + (sqrt (4) * cos (155 - _dir_vcl)), (_pos_vcl select 1) + (sqrt (4) * sin (155 - _dir_vcl)) , 0];

NORRN_camo_net = true;
publicVariable "NORRN_camo_net";
_vcl removeAction NORRN_l_spawn_act;

if (true) exitWith {}; 

hi :)

somone know why sometimes people that are killed spawn in 152.000?

they cant play anymore if they dont exit and rejoin the map...

the corps remain on ground but playable unit go in 152.000 on north of map

F2 Mission Development Framework now includes the revive scripts

F2_logo_135x135.gif

My friends over at F2 have kindly agreed to incorporate the revive scripts as part of their Mission Development Framework as this has been requested by a number of people over the last few months.

You can get the latest release of F2 that includes revive from here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=81694

The Framework simplifies and takes the guess work out of mission making and is just the thing for both budding and experienced mission builders. It also has some really great additional features and scripts that can really add that little bit of shine to your missions.

The best thing about it is that its been thoroughly tested and because its all script based no ugly addons are needed so anyone can jump in and play your missions. The final thing is that the F2 components are very well documented and the scripts are all annotated so its easy to see why the scripters have used certain types of code, if you're trying to learn more about how these things work.

I thoroughly endorse this concept as its been helping misison makers all the way back to the old days of OFP.

I hope there's still an independent release of the script ;) F2 sounds good, but we're using our own framework solution to get things done.

Btw, I had no time to test the CBA vs. mobile respawn issues with the CBA fix :( Seems like I've got hardware issues at home. :cry:

Searched and searched, but I think I'm simply going blind. We use Norrins Revive exclusively on all of our Coop missions, and the PDF says the version we are using is for Coop AI supported play. But it also mentions a non-AI TvT version, I'm assuming of the revive_init.sqf??

Where can I find this version (if I'm not guestimating badly)? Or has anyone built a TvT mission using Revive for each side? Example mission would be appreciated, or a link to a post on this topic. Tx muchly!

Norrin give me the right code for changing the ammo

in the case.

deploy_camo.sqf :

switch (playerSide) do 
{
case west: 		 {_ammo = "USSpecialWeaponsBox" createVehicle [(_pos_vcl select 0) + (4 * sin (_dir_vcl - 90)), (_pos_vcl select 1) + (4 * cos (_dir_vcl - 90)) , 0];};
case east: 		 {_ammo = "RUBasicAmmunitionBox" createVehicle [(_pos_vcl select 0) + (4 * sin (_dir_vcl - 90)), (_pos_vcl select 1) + (4 * cos (_dir_vcl - 90)) , 0];};
case resistance: {_ammo = "GuerillaCacheBox" 	 createVehicle [(_pos_vcl select 0) + (4 * sin (_dir_vcl - 90)), (_pos_vcl select 1) + (4 * cos (_dir_vcl - 90)) , 0];};
};

_ammo setVehicleInit "nul = [this] execVM 'ammo.sqf'";
processInitCommands;

Thanks Norrin.