I wonder if you could load bodies into an ambulance and bring them to a hospital point for a revive :)

That option is already available in the scripts - just make sure you have the _unconscious_drag, _CASevac and load_wounded functions enabled in the revive_init.sqf.

hello

I have found a bug last night 0.2i

1- when all dead players appear the screen blink

thanks

Revive Script Update 0.2J

Download

http://norrin.org/downloads/ArmA2/revive/AI_enabled/Revive_TEST_02j.utes.rar

Fixes

*Changes to the unconscious camera code to reduced scroll lagging while in free camera mode

* Changes to the mobile respawn code in an attempt to fix the bug identified by Legislator - ie. losing the ability to move spawn point following revive.

@gonza - not sure whether I've also fixed the blank screen bug when all players are dead but I've tested the camera changes quite a bit on a local and a dedicated server and so far haven't been able to trigger the bug.

@Legislator - the bug with the AI not coming to revive has been around for a long time and I'm not sure what causes it as I haven't been able to reliably trigger it. I've always wondered whether its got to do with AI pathfinding and being close to walls or something like that.

Hey thanks for the update! :)

I've always wondered whether its got to do with AI pathfinding and being close to walls or something like that.

I guess not ... it happened on a road western of Chernogorsk too. The weren't even houses nearby. But I agree it could have something to do with AI pathfinding. This bug occured not only when a player had be revived. It occures when AI revives AI too.

Having kind of an odd issue, perhaps someone in here can help that has some experience with this script. (I'm relatively new to scripts)

I've gotten the revive script to work, however it only works for the first unit I spawn with. After that if respawn and switch to a different unit, that unit is unable to revive or be revived.

Any ideas?

Thanks man, but I think I figured it out in the meantime.

In order to switch slots I was saving and resuming the mission. For some reason when I did that, the revive script didn't load again.

Been reading the script description and such but i am too much of a noob to customize it.

What i want is to:

Have the same firstaid abilities that i have with the modules

Have the ability to drag dead people

Have the ability to put them in a car (and take them out of it)

Have the ability, so that when they're transported within a marker they will either respawn or revive.

Have the ability to NOT being able to revive them on the field, but only in that specific marker/trigger. (but only when they're dead, i still want to be able to heal them if they're just partially hurt like with the modules)

Is this possible? All i see with the revive script is that you can revive your dead, but if they actually die they'll just respawn at the base, which is not what i want?

I even tried to add the files to my mission folder and change the init and so on, but all i get is the drag ability, i still cant revive or put them in vehicles or anything. :/

Sorry for bothering you so much.

Edited by MortenL

Is this possible? All i see with the revive script is that you can revive your dead, but if they actually die they'll just respawn at the base, which is not what i want?

With a slight variation its possible - you can revive units at something like a MASH tent not at a marker. It sounds like your missing something from your set-up, if you like send your mission here and I'll fix it up for you.

Norrin,

excellent job. I have managed to get it all working for the blufor and opfor, but cant for independant?

In the init file, what should i call them in this section _allied_side_1 "?"

I tried independant and guer, no joy.

edit:

The problem is when I start the game, it says unit unconscious etc, and i have a black screen.

edit2:

I got it working, i just used the word INDEPENDANT with capitals, in a fresh unpacked init file and it worked, something must have got corrupted in my old one.

Sorry for the false alarm.

Edited by ahmedjbh

Hi Norrin,

Great work, and being a beginner to scripting, way beyond me.

What myself and my fellow teammates are after is just the option to revive, no respawn. We would just like the option to allow maybe 1 respawn per player in case of that daft move or xray ai situation that occurs well into a mission.

Any idea if this can be implemented, and how?

Any help would be greatly appreciated mate.

Keep up the good work.

Revive Script update (Version 0.2K)

Download

http://norrin.org/downloads/ArmA2/revive/AI_enabled/Revive_TEST_02k.utes.rar

Fixes

* Serialisation error that occurred when trying to respawn at a base which was occupied by enemy forces

* Optimisations in collecting spectatable units in the dead spectate cam script

* Possible fix for AI not reviving units - @Legislator, I may have finally found the bug that was causing this

* Fix for instant revive when using the alternate unconscious animations

* Fix for sending unconscious unit animation across the net when using alternate unconscious animations

* Fix for units rolling over while being dragged when using alternate animations

For long time users - just replace the revive_sqf in your mission folder with the one in the rar file.

@Dai-San - that can be set up quite simply, just email your mission here and I can set it up for you

Revive Script update (Version 0.2K)

@Dai-San - that can be set up quite simply, just email your mission here and I can set it up for you

Cheers Norrin, missions not finished yet but when it is I will send it over.

Many Thanks

@ahmedjbh

GUER is the independent side. The other bug is when you respawn markers and Boot_hill are too close to the players.

Norrin, my good man, I have a problem, actually two. I'm using a HALO drop to begin with and it all works fine, but JIP is heavily bugged. The units who HALO in are instantly killed when a player joins, and they spawn at Respawn_west. I think its the HALO sqf from the game that's messing it up, but I can't figure out how.

I've sent a copy of the mish to you, thanks again for all your work.

Also, the spectate script never seems to follow anyone other than the downed player, can't figure what I've done wrong with that one. Same thing happened on my last mission too.

Edit: I was using an older script, but none of the fixes mention my problem. (0.2i I think)

Edited by Uzii

Uzii,

I thought that, but when I tried Guer, it didnt work, but using independant does.

I am currently using it ok, and all working, so Im happy!

@ahmedjbh

Thats weird. I used GUER on my mish, and it worked OK too. Huh...

love it thx! i hope the SOM works better with this :)

and i like the readme! now even a noob like me can make it work :)

EDIT: when i die there is place to choose the respawn in a base or at the mash tent? i didn't even unpbo your mission :S

Edited by BelgarionNL

Do I need to set up all those spawn points if I only want to revive on the field? What are the uses of it?

No you don't mate. You can set it up so the guys can only be revived or give them a time limit to be revived within. If this elapses the players can be made dead outright for the rest of the mission or you can give them a single or choice of respawn points to respawn at.

Revive Script Update (version 0.2L - 220709)

Exciting news for this update

Xeno has very kindly waved his magic optimisation wand over the code and added a rather liberal pinch of rationalisation dust. Cosmetically you won't notice any difference but under the hood Xeno has been tinkering away and hopefully the revive engine will be running quite a bit more smoothly.

In addition, Lester from Mapfact has sent me some fixes for the dialogs so now you should be able to view them correctly on a monitor of any aspect ratio.

So many thanks to you both :).

Download

http://norrin.org/downloads/ArmA2/revive/AI_enabled/Revive_TEST_02l.utes.rar

Note: If your mission is already using revive 0.2C+ then just replace the revive_sqf in your mission folder with the one in the rar file.

Fixes

* Finally fixed the acknowledgements in the readMe

* Made zoom for top down camera adjustable using the middle mouse wheel

Other notes

Just one other thing I'm going to be out of action for at least 2 weeks. During this time I will not be able to access the internet. So please if I don't respond to your emails or PMs, don't worry I will get back to you as soon as I can when I'm back online.

Speak to you then :)

Edited by norrin

Argh so that means I'm too late for another mini bug report? :(

Using Revive 0.2k the mobile respawn marker isn't hidden when I stowe away the tent. Deploying the tent again somewhere else moved the marker to its correct position, but still remained visible after stowing the tent again.

There is an old revive bug still in ArmA II :( A player died in an explosion (handgrenade) and got kicked out of the revive script staying at respawn_west. He had to reconnect to join the revive script again. Getting killed over and over again to trigger the revive didn't work.

Have much fun in those 2 weeks :yay:I hope it's some kind of vacation for you. :)

i'm using your config.cpp file to add custom sound because if i use cfgsound in description, there is a conflict and game crash

cfgsound member already defined

so i did like this

class dt1

{

name="dt1";

sound[]={"\sound\dt1.ogg",0.05,1.0};

titles[]={};

};

everything is working except the sound is too low, i tried

sound[]={"\sound\dt1.ogg",db + 10 ,1.0};

but its not doing anything sound is still too low

Revive Script Update (ver 0.2M - 230709)

Do you ever feel like screaming "arghhhhhh"! For some reason I do all the time. Here's a couple more really annoying bugs fixed.

Download

http://norrin.org/downloads/ArmA2/revive/AI_enabled/Revive_TEST_02m.utes.rar

You know the drill just replace the revive_sqf folder in your mission with the one in the archive.

Fixes

* Hopefully fixed the irritating mobile respawn marker bug that Legislator was talking about

* Fixed the screen turning black when the revive timer elapses and _respawn_position = 2 in the revive_init.sqf - hopefully the map and the respawn buttons now appear.

@hoz - sorry haven't found your bug yet mate

@camus - its been a very long time since I mucked around with sounds so I'm not entirely sure. My guess is to try something like:

class dt1

{

name="dt1";

sound[]={"\sound\dt1.ogg",0.5,1.0};

titles[]={};

};

That's it, I'm off. Speak to you again in a few weeks

Edited by norrin