Hmm, wonder if that is something the editor can get at?

Anyway I ran into several errors in that same mission I sent you tonight. I was reviving an AI and others were respawning timed out. I lost all voice commands to AI and had several ReVive and Drag Addactions that would not go away. Tried leaving and rejoining server but still no voices for AI command.

I checked the Server Report and had tons of sound errors

Error: sample ca\sounds\vehicles\wheeled\hmmwv\ext\engine_on1.wss with unsupported sample frequency: 44100

I was using the @VopSound_2.0 I will test again without using it.

only a few of these;

Error: sample mpmissions\__cur_mp.chernarus\revive_sqf\sound\univ_v10.ogg with unsupported sample frequency: 16000

One other thing, what was your _respawn_at_base_addWeapons option set to in the revive_init.sqf? Also did they respawn with no weapons or the default load-out? This will help me track down the weapon respawn error.

The array was empty and players didn't have the standard weapons. I removed every weapon via removeAllWeapons this; and set them up with silenced weapons. It's the mission Utes Invasion I where they noticed this. I wasn't there at the moment.

@Vengeance

All the sound errors relating to an unsupported sample frequency: 44100 Hz are not caused by the revive scripts as I converted all the call-out sizes to 16000 to save on size (so these ones are revive related). I haven't managed to get sound errors in my ArmA2 report yet so is there some other addon that may be causing this error? Can you give me any other info on what was occurring when the revive and drag actions would not disappear as this should be not able to happen the way the scripts are set up, eg were you attempting to revive a unit and it respawned during the process? Was there any lag (eg massive drop in frame rates) etc

EDIT may have found the cause of the multiple revive actions.

Edited by norrin

hi m8....thanks for your effort and hard work on this....arma was very enjoyable with your revive script.

Just to let you know that i'm willing to start another database of revive missions for Arma2 and of course plenty of testing..

just two requests and one question:

1. Is it possible on the revive script to have the option to disable respawn and also to disable JIP if you quit and join again...or with a number of rejoins?

2. Is the script for JIP next to the leader could be working better in Arma2? I have seen from the campaign that the leader is switching to another person if the leader is unconscious.

3. Arma2 on its engine has some sort of revive, drag, carry etc...and some nice effects when someone is unconscious....would that hardcoding will make the revive script work better in arma2?

Thanks...and please keep those revive missions going...:)

Hi Norrin

I would prever a solution like you did now.

If there is no AI in the mission or i disableai=1 it runs also.

Why making x versions ? when it is not needed ...

If there are some option that can´t run i would prefer to make them parameters as you did "one or two" loool

This tool is not for a beginner so more params should not bring more problems and no versions discussions in the future.

Emmi

Edited by MCPXXL

@Vengeance

All the sound errors relating to an unsupported sample frequency: 44100 Hz are not caused by the revive scripts as I converted all the call-out sizes to 16000 to save on size (so these ones are revive related). I haven't managed to get sound errors in my ArmA2 report yet so is there some other addon that may be causing this error? Can you give me any other info on what was occurring when the revive and drag actions would not disappear as this should be not able to happen the way the scripts are set up, eg were you attempting to revive a unit and it respawned during the process? Was there any lag (eg massive drop in frame rates) etc

EDIT may have found the cause of the multiple revive actions.

Group had just all got wasted in vehilces by a KA52, Yes I was in the middle of Reviving a unit and it revived correctly the others were timing out and respawning at closest base "Mobile".

Sound: as I put just below 44100 sound errors "I was using the @VopSound_2.0". There was great LAG for a while during the process.

Revive Script Update (18th June 2009)

Please only use these scripts if you are familiar with it and can tolerate a few bugs.

Down load

http://www.norrin.org/downloads/ArmA2/revive/AI_enabled/ArmA2_revive01f.utes.rar

Possible fixes

* Multiple appearance of drag and revive options

* Drag action not working when using a secondary item - note if you attempt to drag while using a launcher (eg M136) you'll assume the drag position but won't be able to move until you switch to your primary weapon

* When all lives are expended the scripts now deal with death properly - for the time being you can't use Kegetys' Spectator cam as it causes a crash to desktop so make sure you leave _kegetys_spectator set to 0 - I'll start work on my own simpler spectator cam for death.

* Respawn at base without weapons - added a 2 second wait before these are defined so if you are giving units an alternate load-out at mission start please make sure it occurs quickly after mission initialisation

Known Issues

* Dialog errors in ArmA2 report resulting from respawn buttons.

* Bug whereby the map dialog is not moving to possible respawn points (not sure what's causing this but it may result from disableserialisation).

* Report error relating to name of dead unit - you'll have to live with this I'm afraid as I haven't found another solution for this yet

* Reported problem with the mobile respawn tent disappearing - I haven't been able to replicate this bug yet so please let me know if you come across it and let me know what happened prior to it occurring

Please let me know if you are still having issues with any of the proposed fixes

Other Issues

* There's a few new variables in the revive_init.sqf - sorry about this but if as MC suggests I should try to make a one script fits all situations solution then this was necessary

New variables in revive_init.sqf

_kegetys_spectator = 0;

also

// OPTIONS FOR PLAYER'S DEAD BODIES AND EQUIPMENT - Additional revive functions with many thanks to alef (0 - off, 1 - on except for _bury_timeout)
_drop_weapons 					= 1; 			//array no.93  - should the respawned player drop his weapons where he died?
_cadaver 				        = 0; 			//array no.94 - should the respawned player's body remain there?
_bury_timeout 					= 12;			//array no.95 - if drop weapons OR player body, how long before the body is buried?
											// 0=maximum (1200s) , n=seconds up to 1200s (hard coded)

* Ran a quick test blowing up 4 AI in a Hummer without lag (constant 40-45 FPS). That being said these scripts are quite complicated and if you have too many playable AI enabled there is a possibility they will cause lag.

New Features

* You can now drag unconscious units to vehicles with empty cargo spaces and load them onboard, once they are loaded you can unload them - as this is new if you try it let me know how you get on.

* PDF file containing implementation notes and explanation of features

Finally, many thanks to all of you for testing :)

Edited by norrin

Can i with your script enable revive not everywhere, but in specias places? Only near the MASH for example?

Can i with your script enable revive not everywhere, but in specias places? Only near the MASH for example?

I'm just in the process of adding some code that will allow you to do that.

Thank you. One more question - can i use revive with both sides in "PvP-coop" mission with players on both west and east side?

I have marked all playable units in NORRN_player_units in array, set _enemy_side_1 to "EAST", alied 1 and 2 - to "WEST".

Revive works only on WEST side. On EAST side spectator cam works, but unit cannot be revived.

What i doing incorrect?

It is possible but its a little more complicated than that when using two sides unfortunately - essentially you need a second revive_init.sqf for the east units amongst other things. I've got some notes on how to do this at home (currently at work) I'll post them first chance I get.

I cannot believe that i missed this until now :eek:

Thank you so much! This will boost our MP experience like nothing else :yay:

@DK

I haven't tried this in ArmA2 yet but this used to work in ArmA (I can send you an ArmA mission if you're interested where this has been used).

1. Change the code in the init.sqf to look something like this:

//Initialise revive script

_players_west = [w1, w2];
_players_east = [e1, e2];

if (!isServer) then {waitUntil {!isNull player}};
if (player in _players_west) then {server execVM "revive_init.sqf"};
if (player in _players_east) then {server execVM "revive_init_east.sqf"};

2. In the player_west array put the names of the west units but without the quotes eg w1 instead of “w1â€. Do the same for the opfor units in the player_east array.

3. Then copy the revive_init.sqf and call it revive_init_east.sqf. In this file put the names of the respawn points and the east players etc like you’d normally do for the west units.

Note: only one side can use the mobile respawn point, actually not sure about this probably better not to use this function

Update on the next version

New optional features:

* Teamkill loss of life function - taken from old AI-disabled script

* Bonus life or reviving others function - taken from old AI-disabled script

* Carry unconscious units on shoulders

* CASEvac function - You can now take an unconscious unit to a configurable building type and it will be revived

* Medpacks needed to revive others

* Bleeding and bandages

* Med supplies replenishable from med tents and mobile MASHs

* Simple spectator cam to replace Kegetys ArmA spectator script once all lives used

The code for all these features is now implemented just need to test to see if its all working as it should so hopefully sometime late week

Hi Norrin,thx for ya work m8.

Just a "quick" question, is it possible as your script is,to get a kind of Respawn pool?

E.g. a group of 4 on the battlefield.

After the last one died, the last possibilty to revive any comnrade is gone, the respawn kicks in and make the complete group respawn toghether at point X.

@Nephris1 - I'm sorry mate but I'm not entirely sure what you're asking, however, you can set up the revive scripts so that if all the players are unconscious they respawn at a specific spawn point or at the players choice of respawn points.

New version update

The new version is essentially finished - just need to run some final tests on a dedicated server to check everything is working.

Revive Update (version 0.2)

I'm very sorry but the revive_init.sqf has been changed again as new options have been added that I hadn't envisaged, these are: _medic_stable, _unit_stable, _reward_function, _revives_required, _team_kill_function, _no_team_kills

Download

http://norrin.org/downloads/ArmA2/revive/AI_enabled/ArmA2_revive02.utes.rar

Fixes

* Fixed the “You’re dead†dialog zooming on respawn points

* Hopefully, fixed lag when many players are unconscious

* Fixed loading wounded action on a dedicated server

* The long unconscious camera panning that was causing crashes has been removed

New features

* unconscious_drag/carry - players can drag and carry the bodies of unconscious players and playable AI - units must be dragged before the carry action appears

* load_wounded - unconscious units can be loaded/unloaded onto vehicles with empty cargo space - units can only be loaded if they are being dragged (not carried)

* CASEVAC - units can be taken to a hospital etc to be revived, needs to be an array eg. [0] not used or [1, ["MASH"]]; the second internal array ["MASH"] represents the type of object at which you'd like the units to automatically revive, note: you can put a list of objects here.

* deadSpectator_cam - whether the screen turns black or a unit can spectate other friendly units when it has run out of lives - currently using a simple spectator script (see readMe for more details).

* medic_1 - allows you to specify an additional class which can have more medpacks or bandages than the standard unit. Can only be used in conjunction with medpacks and bleeding.

* medpacks - give units a limited number of revive kits

*bleeding - make units bleed and require bandages

medic_medpacks - no of medpacks for units specified in the _medic variables - they are required for reviving units

* unit_medpacks - no of medpacks for units specified in the _can_revive variables - they are required for reviving units

* medic_bandages - no of bandages for units specified in the _medic var - bandages stop bleeding

* unit_bandages - no of bandages for units specified in the _can_revive var

Note: Resupply of medical items can be obtained by players by going up to a MASH tent and using the "Take medical supplies" action. Playable AI are automatically resupplied if they are within 5 metres of a MASH tent. Also for the time being playable AI do not bandage themselves so you'll have to take care of them

* reward_function - whether a unit receives bonus lives for reviving other units

* revives_required - number of revives required before receiving a bonus life

* team_kill_function - specify whether a unit loses a life for killing team mates

* no_team_kills - number of team kills before punishment

New Issues

* The unconscious camera is jerky when spectating other players on a dedicated server - currently looking into ways to fix this

Edited by norrin

Revive Update (version 0.2)

I'm very sorry but the revive_init.sqf has been changed again as new options have been added that I hadn't envisaged, these are: _medic_stable, _unit_stable, _reward_function, _revives_required, _team_kill_function, _no_team_kills

No reason to apoligize that is what Beta means, TESTING. Nice work NORRIN, getting better all the time.

Revive Update (version 0.2b)

Download

http://norrin.org/downloads/ArmA2/revive/AI_enabled/ArmA2_revive02b.utes.rar

Fixes

Numerous small fixes and improved JIP compatibility for both AI enabled and disabled

If you are already using version 0.2 just replace the revive_sqf subfolder in your mission folder with the one in the rar file.

Was a big fan of your work on ArmA, and now getting back into mission making.

I'm having problems though. I'm using the Guerilla faction as my playable units, named and listed in the .sqf, but even when I use "Man" in the units that can be and can revive, the playable units die. They go to the prone/unarmed position, but die straight away.

It displays the number of lives, and 'Joining Mission' at the beginning, the Game Logic object 'Server' is present, along with the Respawn_west, Boot_Hill, and center markers.

I've tried WEST, RESISTANCE, and GUER as the friendly sides, none of which work.

Here's a copy of my .sqf file. Its probably something really simple that I've missed, its been a long time since I've made a map and I'm rusty as hell.

Thanks

/*
 ARMA2 REVIVE SCRIPT - AI enabled or disabled

© JUNE 2009 - norrin (norrin@iinet.net.au)

Version:  0.1 ArmA2	
*******************************************************************************************************
 See release notes for details on contributors and instructions for incorporating revive scripts into your  own missions
************************************************************************************
Start revive_init.sqf
*/
// =====================================================================================================================
// DO NOT MODIFY THIS CODE
// =====================================================================================================================
// sickboy's code modified by _xeno
T_INIT 	= false;
T_Server 	= false; 
T_Client 	= false; 
T_JIP 	= false;

T_MP = (if (playersNumber east + playersNumber west + playersNumber resistance + playersNumber civilian > 0) then {true} else {false});

if (isServer) then 
{
T_Server = true;
if (!isNull player) then {T_Client = true};
T_INIT = true;
} else {
T_Client = true;
if (isNull player) then 
{
	T_JIP = true;
	[] spawn {waitUntil {!isNull player};T_INIT = true};
} else {
	T_INIT = true;
};
};
waitUntil {T_INIT};
// THE FOLLOWING CODE CAN BE MODIFIED
// GENERAL REVIVE OPTIONS  (Off = 0, On = 1)
_mission_end_function 			= 1;				//array no.0  - mission ends when all players are unconscious
_call_out_function 				= 1;				//array no.6  - whether a unit calls out while unconscious
_water_dialog 					= 1;				//array no.45 - whether a dialog appears when a unit dies in water so that it can auto wash ashore 
_unconscious_drag 				= 1;				//array no.39 - whether a unit can drag the bodies of unconscious players 
_load_wounded					= 1;				//array no.61 - allows you to load unconscious units on vehicles
_altUnc_animation 				= 0;				//array no.54 - use alternate unconscious animation
_JIP_spawn_dialog 				= 0;				//array no.2  - whether a dialog appears when a player JIP so that he can be transported to a spawn point near the action 
_time_b4_JIP_spawn_dialog 		= 10000;			//array no.17 - time before the respawn dialog appears for JIP players 
_perpetual_server				= 0;				//array no.62 - NOT IMPLEMENTED
// ==================================================================
// LIST OF PLAYABLE UNITS
NORRN_player_units = ["x1","x2","x3","x4","x5","x6","x7","x8","x9","x10","x11","x12"];
// WELCOME SCREEN
titleText ["Joining Mission", "BLACK FADED", 0.2]; 	// This next line can be commented out or removed if it interferes with intro movies  
// REVIVE OPTIONS
_max_respawns 					= 1000;			//array no.38 - Number of lives per unit
_JIP_respawns					= 0;				//array no.63 - NOT IMPLEMENTED
_revive_timer 					= 0;	 			//array no.7  - Whether you want to limit the amount of timer a player has while unconscious
_revive_time_limit 				= 180;				//array no.27 - Amount of time a player remains unconscious before respawning or dying
_revive_damage 					= 0;				//array no.37 - Unit's level of damage following revive
_unconscious_markers 			= 1;				//array no. 4 - Whether a marker appears on the game map at the location of the unconscious unit
_caseVAC						= [0, ["MASH"]];	//array no.64 - Allows units to be taken to a hospital etc to be revived
_mediVAC						= [];				//array no.65 - NOT IMPLEMENTED
_chance_ofDeath					= [];				//array no.66 - NOT IMPLEMENTED
_dualTimer						= 0;				//array no.67 - NOT IMPLEMENTED - normal units can only revive for eg 30 seconds whereas medics can heal players up to 120 secs - array - [0/1 - off/on, revive timer for normal unit, timer for medic] 
_deadSpectator_cam 				= 1;				//array no.92 - NOT IMPLEMENTED - leave as 0 - whether a unit can spectate other friendly units when it has run out of lives
// RESPAWN OPTIONS
_no_respawn_points 				= 0;				//array no.12 - no of respawn points (Max number 4)  
_Base_1 						= "";			//array no.13 - spawn position names  
_Base_2 						= "";		//array no.14
_Base_3 						= "";		//array no.15
_Base_4 						= "";		//array no.16 
_Base_free_respawn 				= [1,0,0,0];		//array no.36 - select whether to allow respawning at spawn points even if enemy troops are present (options OFF = 0, ON = 1) 
_respawn_at_base_addWeapons 	= 1;				//array no.11 - unit respawns with waepons it commenced the mission with  
_respawn_at_base_magazines 		= [];				//array no.34 - If using the respawn_at_base_addWeapons option then place the magazine and weapon 
_respawn_at_base_weapons 		= [];				//array no.35   types in the following arrays, if left blank respawns with weapons from mission start
_respawn_position 				= 2;				//array no.28 - 0 - respawn at base_1; 1 -  the closest enemy free respawn point; 2 - players choice; and 3 -  dies
_respawnAtBaseWait				= [];				//array no.68 - NOT IMPLEMENTED
_objectiveBasedRP				= []; 				//array no.69 - NOT IMPLEMENTED
// Mobile Spawn Settings
_mobile_spawn 					= 0;				//array no.51 - set to 1 if you want to use mobile spawn	
_mobile_base_start 				= "base";			//array no.52
_mobile_base2_start 			= "";				//array no.70 - NOT IMPLEMENTED
_mobile_type 					= 0;				//array no.60 - set as 0 - for vehicle and 1 for man
_mobile_man 					= objNull;  		//array no.53 - place name of unit here or if not used make sure set as objNull
_mobile_man2					= objNull;			//array no.71 - NOT IMPLEMENTED
// UNITS THAT CAN REVIVE/UNITS THAT CAN BE REVIVED
_can_revive 					= "Man";		//array no.18 
_can_revive_2 					= "";				//array no.19
_can_revive_3					= "";				//array no.72 - NOT IMPLEMENTED
_can_revive_4					= "";				//array no.73 - NOT IMPLEMENTED
_can_be_revived 				= "Man";		//array no.20  
_can_be_revived_2 				= "";				//array no.21 
_can_be_revived_3				= "";				//array no.74 - NOT IMPLEMENTED 
_can_be_revived_4 				= "";				//array no.75 - NOT IMPLEMENTED
_medic_1						= "USMC_Soldier_Medic";	//array no.76 - Used in conjunction with medpacks and bleeding	
_medic_2						= "";				//array no.77 - Used in conjunction with medpacks and bleeding
_medic_3						= "";				//array no.78 - NOT IMPLEMENTED	
_medic_4						= "";				//array no.79 - NOT IMPLEMENTED	
//========================================================
// MEDPACK AND BLEEDING OPTIONS
_medpacks						= 0;				//array no.80 - Give units a limited number of revive kits
_stabilisation					= 0;				//array no.81 - NOT IMPLEMENTED
_bleeding 						= 0;				//array no.82 - Make units bleed and require bandages
_medic_medpacks 				= 3;				//array no.83 - No of medpacks for units specified in the _medic variables - they are required for reviving units		
_unit_medpacks 					= 1;				//array no.84 - No of medpacks for units specified in the _can_revive variables - they are required for reviving units			
_medic_bandages 				= 3;				//array no.85 - Bandages stop bleeding		
_unit_bandages 					= 1;				//array no.86 - 
_medic_stable					= 0;				//array no.100 - NOT IMPLEMENTED
_unit_stable					= 0;				//array no.101 - NOT IMPLEMENTED
_stabTime_tillDeath				= 0;				//array no.87 - NOT IMPLEMENTED //Time until death following revive without stabilisation
// ENEMY SIDE TO PLAYABLE UNITS
_no_enemy_sides 				= 1;				//array no.22 - No of Enemy sides (0, 1 or 2). 
_enemy_side_1 					= "EAST";			//array no.23 - Enemy sides can be "EAST", "WEST", "GUER" etc  
_enemy_side_2 					= "";				//array no.24 
_enemy_side_3 					= "";				//array no.88 - NOT IMPLEMENTED
_enemy_side_4 					= "";				//array no.89 - NOT IMPLEMENTED
// FRIENDLY SIDE TO PLAYABLE UNITS
_allied_side_1 					= "GUER";			//array no.42 - Friendly sides can be "EAST", "WEST","RESISTANCE" etc.  
_allied_side_2 					= "GUER";			//array no.43 - If all players are from the same side make sure you set the same side for both variables eg "WEST", "WEST"
_allied_side_3 					= "";				//array no.90 - NOT IMPLEMENTED
_allied_side_4 					= "";				//array no.91 - NOT IMPLEMENTED
// UNCONSCIOUS CAMERA OPTIONS
_follow_cam 					= 1;				//array no.5  - option to allow viewing of friendly units while unconscious
_follow_cam_distance			= 250;				//array no.32 - the range that unconscious players can spectate friendly units
_follow_cam_team	   			= 0;				//array no.44 - set to 1 if you wish unconscious players only to spectate players within NORRN_player_units array
_top_view_height 	   			= 70;				//array no.55 - allows you to set the top down camera height 
_visible_timer 					= 1;				//array no.41 - view a cound-down timer while unconscious
_unconscious_music 				= 0;				//array no.46 - music must appear as unc_theme in music.hpp
// RESPAWN DIALOG OPTIONS
_nearest_teammate_dialog 		= 0;				//array no.3  - whether a respawn dialog appears when there are no players within this distance  
_all_dead_dialog 				= 0;				//array no.1  - whether a respawn dialog appears when all players are unconscious (_all_dead_player = 1)  
_respawn_button_timer 			= 20;				//array no.25 - Time until respawn button appears (0 = approx. 12 seconds), NB: Set to a high number like 100000 seconds if you do not want
_distance_to_friend 			= 250;				//array no.26 - If the closest friendly unit is further than this distance away trigger respawn dialog 
_all_dead_player 				= 0;				//array no.56
_all_dead_distance 				= 250;				//array no.57 - whether a respawn dialog appears when all players within a specified distance are unconscious (_all_dead_player = 1)
// Bonus life for aiding team mates function
_reward_function 				= 0; 				//array no.96 - specify whether a unit receives bonus lives for reviving other players
_revives_required 				= 0;				//array no.97 - Number of revives required before recieving a bonus life
// Team kill function
_team_kill_function 			= 0;    			//array no.98 - specify whether a unit loses a life for killing team mates
_no_team_kills 					= 0;				//array no.99 - Number of teamkills before punishment
// CONFIGURABLE OPTIONS FOR HEAL YOURSELF FUNCTION
_heal_yourself 					= 0;				//array no.8  - whether a unit can heal damage to itself
_no_of_heals 					= 1;				//array no.29 - Number of heals that each player gets during a mission  
_lower_bound_heal 				= 0.1;				//array no.30 - The damage level range between which the heal action becomes available 
_upper_bound_heal 				= 0.8;				//array no.31
// AI REVIVE BEHAVIOUR OPTIONS
_goto_revive 					= 0;				//array no. 9  - closest AI automatically moves to revive a downed team mate
_AI_smoke 						= 0;				//array no. 40 - if available reviving AI throws smoke on downed AI position
_AI_aware 						= 0;				//array no. 49 - AI will clear an enemy units it is aware of before auto reviving
_AI_cover 						= 1;				//array no. 50 - second AI unit moves with AI reviver to give cover
_AI_dismount 					= 0;				//array no. 58 - toggles ability of reviving AI units to dismount vehicles (1 = dismount)
_call_for_AI_help 				= 1;				//array no. 59 - allows AI units to call for help 
_goto_revive_distance 			= 500;				//array no. 33 - distance AI units will move to revive a downed team mate
// OPTIONS FOR PLAYER'S DEAD BODIES AND EQUIPMENT - Additional revive functions with many thanks to alef (0 - off, 1 - on except for _bury_timeout)
_drop_weapons 					= 1; 				//array no.93  - should the respawned player drop his weapons where he died?
_cadaver 						= 0; 				//array no.94 - should the respawned player's body remain there?
_bury_timeout 					= 12;				//array no.95 - if drop weapons OR player body, how long before the body is buried?
												// 0=maximum (1200s) , n=seconds up to 1200s (hard coded)
// USER CODE - eg. NORRNCustonexec1="execvm ""myscript.sqf"";hint ""myoutput"";"
NORRNCustomExec1				="";  				// Exec1 occurs following being revived
NORRNCustomExec2				="";  				// Exec2 occurs when you team kill
NORRNCustomExec3				="";  				// Exec3 occurs when you spawn at base
NORRNCustomExec4				="";  				// Exec4 occurs when you try and spawn at base but it is still occupied
NORRNCustomExec5				="";  				// Must use variables: MAP_r_rejoin (false - first time, 
												// true - rejoining the server, and 
												// MAP_r_no_lives - number of lives if you rejoin server) 
// DO NOT MODIFY THE FOLLOWING CODE
NORRN_revive_array = [];
NORRN_revive_array = [_mission_end_function,_all_dead_dialog,_JIP_spawn_dialog,_nearest_teammate_dialog,_unconscious_markers,_follow_cam,_call_out_function,_revive_timer,
_heal_yourself,_goto_revive,_unconscious_invincibility,_respawn_at_base_addWeapons,_no_respawn_points,_Base_1,_Base_2,_Base_3,_Base_4,_time_b4_JIP_spawn_dialog,
_can_revive,_can_revive_2,_can_be_revived,_can_be_revived_2,_no_enemy_sides,_enemy_side_1,_enemy_side_2,_respawn_button_timer,_distance_to_friend,
_revive_time_limit,_respawn_position,_no_of_heals,_lower_bound_heal,_upper_bound_heal,_follow_cam_distance,_goto_revive_distance,_respawn_at_base_magazines,
_respawn_at_base_weapons, _Base_free_respawn, _revive_damage, _max_respawns, _unconscious_drag,_AI_smoke,_visible_timer,_allied_side_1,_allied_side_2,_follow_cam_team,
_water_dialog, _unconscious_music, _enemy_units_1, _enemy_units_2, _AI_aware,_AI_cover,_mobile_spawn,_mobile_base_start,_mobile_man,_altUnc_animation,_top_view_height,
_all_dead_player,_all_dead_distance,_AI_dismount,_call_for_AI_help,_mobile_type,_load_wounded,_perpetual_server,_JIP_respawns,_caseVAC,_mediVAC,_chance_ofDeath,_dualTimer,
_respawnAtBaseWait,_objectiveBasedRP,_mobile_base2_start,_mobile_man2,_can_revive_3,_can_revive_4,_can_be_revived_3,_can_be_revived_4,_medic_1,_medic_2,_medic_3,_medic_4,
_medpacks,_stabilisation,_bleeding,_medic_medpacks,_unit_medpacks,_medic_bandages,_unit_bandages,_stabTime_tillDeath,_enemy_side_3,_enemy_side_4,
_allied_side_3,_allied_side_4,_deadSpectator_cam,_drop_weapons,_cadaver,_bury_timeout,_reward_function,_revives_required,_team_kill_function,_no_team_kills,_medic_stable, _unit_stable];

// start related revive functions
[] execVM "revive_sqf\init_related_scripts.sqf";

if (true) exitWith {};	
//Last edited 12/06/09

Hi Uzii,

First make sure you update to the latest version of the revive ie. the just released 0.2b: http://norrin.org/downloads/ArmA2/revive/AI_enabled/ArmA2_revive02b.utes.rar If you're already using version 2 all you need to do to update is to replace the revive_sqf in your mission folder with the one in the 0.2b rar file.

There's now some implementation notes contained in the rar file so these should explain what all the new features do. It doesn't sound like a unit definition problem but more like you haven't created a gamelogic called "server" in the editor. If you've already done this and still having problems please send me your mission and a list of any addons you've used to here and I'll take a look at it.

best wishes,

norrin

Edited by norrin

Cheers for the quick reply, as I suspected, it was my stupidity. Forgot/didn't bother to put the description in. Whoops. Great work so far, glad to see we've got the drag/carry animations from the game. Keep it up :ok:

Thanks norrin, seems like a great addon...

I've implemented this into a mission of mine.. prior to fully tweaking it and adjusting some of the many settings i wanted to test it... however i'm running into a little problem that has me a little miffed.

When i 1st choose a unit and spawn in i'm met with a black screen and a messages that reads: "Unit selected is unconscious please press escape, return to the menu and choose another playable unit".

However my player is not unconscious.. i can still fire and run around.. its just the screen is black. Also when i press escape i can see the player standing where he spawned as expected. The really odd thing is... if i 'suspend' and then try again with the same slot/player selected it will work and i can spawn and see again, as it were.

Any ideas?

Edited by MadTommy
spelling

Make sure that the respawn marker eg. "respawn_west" is no where near where the playable units are placed in the editor. In the last version I added a check so that if the units are within 200 metres of respawn_west when you join the mission then the script thinks they are unconscious. If you're still having problems then please let me know.

Edited by norrin