Sign in to follow this  
Armin2

Multiplayer performance = 1/2 Singleplayer Performance

That might be explainable if your talking about cpu but not gpu.

I know what the enforced server settings are server side and they are lower than my singleplayer settings.

Typically, server sets viewDistance, which can impact your GPU

And like I said the serverside viewdistance is less than it is when I play singleplayer ;)

Edit: I've just ordered an i7 920 OC @4.1 Ghz so I'll do some more comparisions tomorrow when I recieve it I do agree with Armin2 however that something is not quite right. Hoping the 505 release sorts it.

Edited by [KH]Jman
updated

Whatever, splitting hairs, unified patch is going to be out very soon that's what is important.

Edited by [KH]Jman

Isnt this just a server setting that someone hasnt found yet? Like "DONTCAPFPS=YES" lol. Im no config guy nor server guy. Just saying. Sounds weird if you play high and low and get the same FPS. Must be capped then and i think it can be adjusted.

Maybe the MP mission you were playing had higher CPU requirements, but the graphic settings were forced to lower - hence your CPU was bottlenecking you while your GPUs were resting unused.

Maybe the MP mission you were playing had higher CPU requirements, but the graphic settings were forced to lower - hence your CPU was bottlenecking you while your GPUs were resting unused.

Nope. It's the same for me with a Q9550 @ 3.4 GHz and a HD4870X2.

Hmm interesting 7, I'm moving to an i7 today so I will be able to do further testing on this.

Yeah sorry, Now I get 60-70fps with everything on very high, aa disabled, post processing disabled in native 1920x1200 in multiplayer and singleplayer. So basically my cpu was just not good enough before.

[Link to more info]

Jman;1324470']Yeah sorry' date=' Now I get 60-70fps with everything on very high, aa disabled, post processing disabled in native 1920x1200 in multiplayer and singleplayer. So basically my cpu was just not good enough before.

[Link to more info]

when you say AA disabled, that is fillrate at low?

And welcome to the i7cpu @ over 3.6hz Club. Makes all the diff... and its good to tune HT off.

The X58>x48,x38,p45,p35 ect. at higher resolutions...

Fillrate is 100% (1920x1200) and in game AA setting disabled.

ingame-settings.jpg

Edited by [KH]Jman