Sign in to follow this  
moosenoodles

Vsynch Test: Plz check.

Ok well I seem to have come across this issue where my CCC panel nor ATI tray tools setting Vsynch to "OFF always", does not do as its told with arma2.

Arma2 is still locking itself to 60 frames in the games menu (obviously ingame as well, not that we get constant 60 anyhow lol).

Can ATi users running both 9.5 and 9.6 post here to let me know how they are doing with vsynch off, use fraps or something to display the FPS in the games window..

Thanks,

P.s if this is known to some of you or a problem with any drivers 9.5 or 9.6 and your aware of a fix, or maybe a arma cfg to set for vsync "off" do let me know.

Cheers.

I experience the same..... vsync off but locked at 60fps. I'm running 9.6 (leaked) too.

Not sure if its fixed in the cfg. Will report back.

I use ATI tray tools to create an Arma 2 profile, select "Vertical Sync Always Off (Vista Workaround)", that disables vsync :)

Do you need to create a profile? because I just installed ati tray tools then set it to always off, and that does not work..

Ah right i see the force option now.. hmm will give it a go :D, the start up params section is for the switches in ur normal shortcut i guess?

Edited by moosenoodles

I use ATI tray tools to create an Arma 2 profile, select "Vertical Sync Always Off (Vista Workaround)", that disables vsync :)

I tried to do that, as you've described... All I can see is "Always ON"...

Am I doing something wrong?

Here you go Yield, its here in the profile you make with Ati tray tools, just go back to manage profile and select the right tab you should see it.

I get 130 frames looking at sky and ground now if need to claw back any fps while big battles going on till it dies down lol. Generally though getting anywhere between 45 and 80, with avg of 55 in most places at this time. I messed around with flip que size(ati) pre render frames aheas(nv) on my card to 0 lol I got no mouse lag using that and got no texture transitions when say running towards a village and the buildings stayed full hi res textures. Frames stayed aroun 40-45.

Was rather suprised, but gonna check out the other end of the scale now with flip que 5 and see if my bandwidth crawls like a maimed soldier hehe. Love tweaking most fun eh.

captureb.png

Specs: E6600@3.2ghz:Ati XfX4870 1Gb (Cat9.6):4gb Ocz Ram@1000mhz:Enermax Galaxy Psu:

Edited by moosenoodles

Where is this flip que size to set? In ATT?

EDIT: I found it.

Edited by evilfury

I tried to do that, as you've described... All I can see is "Always ON"...

Am I doing something wrong?

I see the same thing. There is not any drop down menu to select off. Any ideas why?

It's a BUG in catalysts... other options work neither, like AA or AF forcing..

It's a BUG in catalysts... other options work neither, like AA or AF forcing..

No i mean in ati tray tools when i try to create a new profile for Arma. From screen shots i saw there should be a drop down menu that you select on or off. Mine is showing only a tick option to on. I am using 9.7 beta leaked.

Not trying to be smart of anything but why do you want more than 60fps?

I don't care about fps. I don't want vsych and as others manage to disable it this way, i cant.

Getting rid of input lag is why i use it. 60fps is more than enough. Hell... even constant 24fps is smooth and playable in arma2.

Any ideas why i can't see the drop down menu in Ati tray tools? Machinist what drivers version are you using?

What version of windows, ati tray tools are you using?

Here you go Yield, its here in the profile you make with Ati tray tools, just go back to manage profile and select the right tab you should see it.

I get 130 frames looking at sky and ground now if need to claw back any fps while big battles going on till it dies down lol. Generally though getting anywhere between 45 and 80, with avg of 55 in most places at this time. I messed around with flip que size(ati) pre render frames aheas(nv) on my card to 0 lol I got no mouse lag using that and got no texture transitions when say running towards a village and the buildings stayed full hi res textures. Frames stayed aroun 40-45.

Was rather suprised, but gonna check out the other end of the scale now with flip que 5 and see if my bandwidth crawls like a maimed soldier hehe. Love tweaking most fun eh.

captureb.png

Specs: E6600@3.2ghz:Ati XfX4870 1Gb (Cat9.6):4gb Ocz Ram@1000mhz:Enermax Galaxy Psu:

How is this different than the CC panel?

Edited by InFireBaptize

captureb.png

What version of ATT is this? Mine doesn't have that option to force vsync off.

Mine 2!!! Go figure!!!!:confused:

Edit: I found out that after version 1.3.6.1042 (May 22, 2007) that is what i have, there is a beta version 1.6.9.1386 Beta (April 9, 2009) that supports all versions of Direct X, so that must be. I will try it when i go home for launch.

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=275077

Edited by connos

Ok i tried it and yes the beta version works. The game feels more smooth without v-synch enable.

Thank you so much! Now I can finally play with more than 60 fps. The game plays much smoother now! :)

Edited by ViperNL

Yes, I got to say thank you, too.

Runs much, much better now.

Was trying almost everything. In ATT I just had two regular profiles (2D and 3D) but didn't use the game profile to force VSync off.

Now, with your hind, its working and ATT is still switching between 2D and 3D automaticly.

Thanks, mate :)

VSYNC OFF and still 85 FPS even though im set to 100Hz. It DID work before 1.02 (i think it was 1.01 anyway). I know i had 100 FPS before. Now it doesnt matter what i do - 85 is top.

With NVIDIA. Tested riva tuner VSYNC OFF etc. Didnt do too much yet to fix this, just saying i got the same prob.

Alex