Sign in to follow this  
bugkill

Porting ArmA1 addons to ArmA2

I tried this Ensk Island for ArmA1 in ArmA2. it works good, but some missing objects. Result; I added some objects:p

Does Islands from ArmA1 work in Arma2?

I was able to get the A.C.E. Island Pack from ArmA 1 to work with ArmA 2. It didn't really look all that great…not up to ArmA 2 quality standards by any means. But it does give you a lot of kewl islands to play around on.

On another note. Does anyone know how to get the Gst Vf-1s Valkyrie to stay in fighter mode in ArmA 2? Or at least switch back to fighter mode? Once I get up off the ground it always wants to switch into Gerwalk mode and stay that way. It just won't switch back no matter what I try. It's a really kewl addon and I love the cockpit, but I just can't seem to get that function to work.

I'm a big fan of sci-fi addons and always loved the Wanzers (walking battle tanks) in OFP. Think any of those could be ported into ArmA 2?

wan03.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Can someone please port and fix or remake the B1-b bomber from arma 1? Would really appreciate your work.

Awesome! I'm gonna d/l that one right away. Mech addons are schweetz! Now if I can just find some way to get the Vf-1s to switch back and forth from Gerwalk to Fighter… =P

At this point I'd almost be willing to pay someone to update the Vf-1s transformation to work properly in ArmA 2. That addon looks so kewl flying around in this video.

Anyone hear anything from Ghost about updating this for ArmA 2?

Edited by kage74

I just realize after a few changes in the config that the giant ants that I made for Arma1 working perfectly in ARMA2 and OA

So soon the wicked warrior insects will invade the land of arma 2 again

:yikes:

antpm.jpg

greyc.jpg

it also works for the angry gray, if it works for a creature, it also works for any other life form ... :581:

Edited by colonel29

Oh my god! I suddenly thought of the huge ants in that last mission of C&C Red Alert. Must have!

I just realize after a few changes in the config that the giant ants that I made for Arma1 working perfectly in ARMA2 and OA

So soon the wicked warrior insects will invade the land of arma 2 again

:yikes:

it also works for the angry gray, if it works for a creature, it also works for any other life form ... :581:

but you had mistakes in them, as i remember in FireGeoLOD , cause fire hit points (for example head) was above model

shooting in head where it is visible was not harming units, while AI knew where to shoot

this addon was great, i played with it many times, but please check again all not-visible LODs (Fire Geo, Geometry... )

Hi guys,

I've read almost the whole topic so sorry if it has already been done :

Sécurité Civile Mod by CheyenneAh56

Only planes are showing up in the editor, no textures

scmodstombo1.jpg

USEC Navy by Dean "Rocket" Hall

Could only find the LHD (missing textures), Object show up in the editor but not in preview, the HH-60 is missing

4-usec_navy_3.jpg4-usec_navy_2.jpg

Stryker SLAT armor by ExplosiveAids

Can't find them in the editor

slat_stryker_1.jpg

Edited by Macadam Cow

Well I'm 99.9% sure EddyD's pack and seahawk are reskins of the A1 blackhawk, so they won't work no matter what config tweaks are done.

By the picture, obviously he is. lol. He probably tweaked the config, although its possible it works plugged right in.

By the picture, obviously he is. lol. He probably tweaked the config, although its possible it works plugged right in.

I have not changed anything, I just test the mod in ARMA2

:p

Can someone port the A.C.E. Islands Pack http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=3000 from ArmA1 to ArmA2. The ACE Islands Pack will work with ArmA2, but it looks pretty shitty and it gets a few errors.

Honestly, the island in that pack I am most interested in having ported is the OFP Worlds map. it has all the old islands from OFP in one huge map.

ACE_IslandPack_OFPWorld.JPG

The PMC AEC Island has 3/5 of the OFP Islands on it and would be nice to have ported as well. http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=1425

c22adb61e0_16400000_o2.jpg

WGL Gaia Island was really good back in the day too.

Edited by kage74

Can someone tell me what files (maybe from CAA1) i need to get Ensk Island working in ArmA2 CO ?

I really only need that specific files, dont need all the other stuff (ArmA1 units ect.)

Can someone help ?

How do you get Razani to work again with Arma II? I'd rather not download the whole CAA1 project if I only need a couple of files..

you NEED CAA1 (since it includes all the buildings, trees etc) from A1 that have also been used by OPX. That said, you also need razani files.

is it possible to port these wanzers from OFP to Arma2? they are the Zenith & Grezex wanzers. heres the link to them.

Link--> http://ofp.gamepark.cz/?oblast=news&search=wanzer

you would first need permission to port them from the addon maker(s) and as they are OFP addons its not that simple to port them to A2