Sign in to follow this  
Sudden Death

SDP Shilka and Tunguska cannon fix

I see no reason it shouldn't be included in an official patch.

Probably because it uses scripting.

Would be nice to see it supported by the engine, but it's far from the only thing I could think up.

@CarlGustaffa

I´ve made scripts for the UH1-Y Venom and the Ural ZU-23 too, but didn´t use it. The offset between the two barrels of the zu-23 is to small to see a significant difference.

The Venom (in manuell fire mode) shows muzzle flash only on the left mg, so i think atm its only the left gun firing.

I noticed the smoke-thing, but doesn´t find a solution yet.

I´ll check the missle-thing as well

Greetz

S.D.

updated version wip:

- added smoke effects to barrels - finished

- added tunguska missle firing to right pod - finished, but known isues

New Version will be released next days.

PS: Can someone give me a short explaination how to get a binarized p3d-model shown in Oxygen2. I want to check some config references ("memorypointmissle") at the model.

Edited by Sudden Death

PS: Can someone give me a short explaination how to get a binarized p3d-model shown in Oxygen2. I want to check some config references ("memorypointmissle") at the model.

You can't. Hopefully BIS will release source models at some point.

If you want to find out where a memory point is, you can use the 'selectionposition' command.

Thanks for this. It's now a permanent addition in my addon folder.

Abs

@Sudden Death:

Thanks for the addon, but can you apply you tiny fix? Your addon is forcing an entry within the mission.sqm files. It's very annoying to delete them for mission publishing issues.

If you use an addon when making a mission it will be required. Dont know if thats what you mean? But if an addon is not meant to be in a mission then make the missions without. You always make missions where you dont use any addon in them - completely without any addons loaded. So that others dont need to download and use them as well.

Maybe i misunderstood you though.

Alex

@Legislator

note this too yesterday, trying to fix it. Any idea?

@Alex

as a replacement this addon should work as a original BIS addon without a special entry in th mission.sqm, so all players (with or without the replacement addon) can use the same missions.

Edited by Sudden Death

Sorry Sudden, I'm no modder .. no idea :o

@Alex:

Sudden got it right. You could compare it to an effects mod. You can load it, build missions and it still won't do an entry in the mission.sqm because it runs only on the clientside.

class CfgPatches
{
class SDP_mgun_fix
{
	units[] = {};
	weapons[] = {};
	requiredVersion = 1.01;
	requiredAddons[] =
	{
		"CAData",
		"CACharacters",
		"CACharacters2",
		"CATracked",
		"CAWeapons"
	};
};
};

Please correct EH use:

class DefaultEventhandlers;
cfgVehicles
{
class UnitClass: ParentClass
{
	class Eventhandlers: DefaultEventhandlers
	{
	};
};
};

thx.

Is the first part to fix the mission.sqm-entry problem or only to simplify overview the config?

To fix the load problem.

You only ever and always add classes to the units array, IF you define new *cfgVehicles classes.

Edited by kju

Original Shilka/Tunguska do fire from one place because ArmA engine cannot fire more than 1 bullet per frame from a single weapon. Real guns have very fast rate of fire that with average 20-25fps cannot be simulated. Therefore we have set that single simulated bullets represents 2x-3x strength of one bullet fired in correct FPS. Modmakers should revise ammo definition in case they try to fire more bullets in time otherwise those weapons will be overpowered.

I don't see why the rate of fire limitation has anything to do with the number of bullet origins. Why wasn't the vehicle weapon made to shoot from all 4 barrels, regardless of its engine-limited RoF?

updated version 1.1 out now:

ADDED: smoke effect to ZSU-23 barrels

ADDED: smoke effect to 2S6M right barrel

ADDED: missile transmission to right pod every second launch

ADDED: smoke and flash effect to right missile pod

FIXED: config wont forcing an entry within the mission.sqm (thanks to kju)

FIXED: turret offset

IMPROVED: maths for bullet transmission

Link:

http://www.armamdb.de/phpkit/include.php?path=content/content.php&contentid=1441

Edited by Sudden Death

good job :)

CBA will be the next step with improved maths.

The differences between the two barrels of ZU-23 static and carried is to small to make a appreciable effect. Its possible (scripts is here) but IMHO it makes no sense.

CBA will be the next step with improved maths.

The differences between the two barrels of ZU-23 static and carried is to small to make a appreciable effect. Its possible (scripts is here) but IMHO it makes no sense.

Can't wait for it :yay: