Sign in to follow this  
Athranas

What exactly is this game?

ArmA II PC (All Rebl Men Attack Immigrant Insurgents, Pants Coordination.) is like donuts just before they go in the deep fryer, all soft and easy to mold with professional hands.

Arma II is like a beautiful woman that needs to lose some pounds, but she's already planning to start visiting the gym.

ArmA 2 is like a triple whopper, it seems like a good idea at the start, its amazing when you're hammered, but 10 minutes into the ordeal you realize what a horrible choice you've made.

arma 2 is like a triple whopper, it seems like a good idea at the start, its amazing when you're hammered, but 10 minutes into the ordeal you realize what a horrible choice you've made.

...Pwnt.

ArmA 2 is like a triple whopper, it seems like a good idea at the start, its amazing when you're hammered, but 10 minutes into the ordeal you realize what a horrible choice you've made.

You just summed up my entire college experience in one sentence.

It's everything you thought when playing in your yard as a small kid with your plastic army man!

This game is Tactical Military Simulation.

You can play it as FPS.

You can play it as 3rd Person Shooter.

pfft.. the only REAL way to play Arma is on veteran with no gay cheating 3rd person view..

"It's like a Milk Dud, sweet on the outside, poison on the inside." - The Simpsons :p

Anyways, I already answered your question on a different forum. Try the Arma or OFP demo if you want a feel of what this game is really about.

It's everything you thought when playing in your yard as a small kid with your plastic army man!

True :)

pfft.. the only REAL way to play Arma is on veteran with no gay cheating 3rd person view..

Being a fan of Bf2: Project reality (wich is a hardcore realism mod of Bf2), I do find this third person view quite odd in such a "simulation" game.

Its not like this game is as complex as DCS Black Shark. You can play arma 2 like any fps, put crosshair on enemy, shoot, he dies and you get more points. But unlike battlefield 2, this is for the hard core military realistic players.

PS..shit..BIS should hire me as his marketing guy :D

Loves the personification of 'BIS'

True :)

Being a fan of Bf2: Project reality (wich is a hardcore realism mod of Bf2), I do find this third person view quite odd in such a "simulation" game.

It's disabled on "real simulation" servers ;)

idk i thought it looked cool but didnt really understand what it is, that post by crawler is def helpful but now i gotta decide if i really wanna buy this.

don't it makes you look fat, get the blue one instead.

Good to know, thank you.

lol real way looking at a monitor, it's still a game/simulation and can be played however the player wants

Is there a Arma 2 mod that replaces the unwieldy body, movement and aiming controls ?

Is there a Arma 2 mod that replaces the unwieldy body, movement and aiming controls ?

LOL. First, no, there isn't. Second, what's wrong with them? Apart from the issues that have been commented on to death, which are improved in Arma 2.

LOL. First, no, there isn't. Second, what's wrong with them? Apart from the issues that have been commented on to death, which are improved in Arma 2.

C'mon now... don't tease me man.. :cry2:

I have vertigo issues. Its hard to play it, and I feel dizzy and have to lie down most of the time!

Get rid of those wierd movement controls, please, someone anyone! :pet5:

Somebody help meh !

You sure you don't mean the head wobble and motion blur/bloom? Head wobble has yet to be disabled, but the motion blur and bloom has by Kegetys.

shhhhh shhhh....don't scare the bunny off :p

You sure you don't mean the head wobble and motion blur/bloom? Head wobble has yet to be disabled, but the motion blur and bloom has by Kegetys.

Anything wobbling doesn't make me feel good :o

Hope it gets disabled real soon, by somebody able enough to disable it :p.

Can you direct me to Kegetys motion blur and bloom disabler ? Please ?

Thanks ! :D

you got that right brother... thank the gods.

Head wobble has yet to be disabled,

Huh ? What about the slider in Game control ? It's already possible to disable it... unless you don't understand german.

Oh, ok then. I don't own the game myself, EricM. That's why I didn't know. Well, if that's possible, then there's your solution BaseJumper.