Hello everyone,

I'm a little disappointed with ARMA II even though there are many things I love

ie

1. The new enhancements to the graphics engine
  2. improved tracer animations
  3. the sheer size of the island
  4. the new vehicles
  5. the improved sounds

BUT the one thing that needs to string it all together to be enjoyable is the old topic, Artificial Intelligence.

Now don't get me wrong, I know what Bohemia Interactive have achieved is astonishing but for me, the fact that the AI are very silly (especially in urban areas) and haven't seemed to improved at all really in terms of execution of movement, using cover etc. This really kills it for me as I get aggravated very quickly when playing.

I really want to enjoy this game to the max but there is something missing, and that something is a very clever AI.

Would it not be a good idea to build the AI first before anything else? :confused:

It feels like everything in the ARMA world is advancing at an amazing rate, but the AI are still trailing behind in the past??

P.S I do like the fact enemies now suppress you at distance, this is great. :cool:

Anyway, Bohemia you guys rock, but I really cannot play agaisnt/with a stupid AI

Are we playing the same game? In A1, for example in Warfare, I had been perfect at long-range shooting of AI, with little to no danger for me.

In A2, suddenly there's no AI standing in the open anymore. I get killed much more than ever, even if I designed the mission and told the enemy AI where to go.

This is HARD stuff now.

They may be a bit daft in path finding still, but the firefights vs. AI really have a new level now.

maybe he doesnt have a genuine copy.

dude, what are you talking about?:confused: Anyway, I think Bohemia has imroved the AI and it's much much much better than the previous ArmA.

I hate when the AI isn't as smart as human players.