Sign in to follow this  
Wasper

What's a good of  benchmark score?

Hey, when starting OF I notice a icon called "Operation Flash Point Preferences" when I clicked on it , it showed all the settings for OF , but then something kinda caught my eyes, it says "CPU Benchmark score" .It says 3987 next to it. I'm kinda confuse what's this score based on? is it based on 3dmark2001 scoring system or what?

I have a:

Windows XP Pro

AMD Althlon XP 2000+ (2.2 GHZ equivalent)

512 MB DDR Ram

60GB HD

Visontek Geforce3 Ti 500

is this a good score for my computer?

the OFP "benchmakr" is almost totally useless.. it doesent really measure anything..

my case after raising my processor speed from 1.0ghz to 1.17 and my FSB and my ram to 145mhz and then upgrading my vid card the game gives me a LOWER score than before..

it runs MUCH better and everything..but it gives me a lower score..

so to answer yer question.. ignore it.

I think the benchmarks *are* pretty accurate allround. I myself have a benchmark score of 1453, and looking at your system (very fast) 3900+ is a good score. OFP makes the setting accordingly.

What you could try is set a player in the mission editor, and place in the initialisation line of the unit :

setviewdistance 4000

and then press preview and enjoy the vista's smile.gif

The Benchmark only measures CPU Power, not that of your Video Card.

But the maximum Number of lights that are calculated is set after this benchmark.

That's nonsense, because it doesn't take your Video card in account.

Just think about:

P-III 900/ 526 MB SDRAM/Geforce 2 GTS 64MB

vs.

Athlon XP 1500+/256MB DDR RAM/Kyro II 64MB

well, I own both systems, and the P-III System is superior to the Athlon in all games and 3D benchmarks due to it's GTS

Hi,

It is your score for (CPU+3dcard+Memory), your score is good knowing that you have XP 2.0.

Mine with XP1600+Asus GeForce3 64MB v8200+512DDRRAMPC2700- only 3470, my PII450+Geforce2Pro+512MBRamPc133 -only 845

Regards,

Icabola

AMD XP 1600+, 256MB DDR, GF 2 GTS 32MB gives me score arount 3300.

AndyZ

OFP gives me a neat score of 3658

Athlon XP 1800+

512 DDR2100

GF2 32mb (soon to be GF4 4600)

I am getting 2220 points. My system:

Athlon TB 1200

384Mb DDR Ram

Geforce 256 DDR

Windows XP Pro

I noticed that after installing Win Xp my score raised about 150 points. I used to get around 2100 with W2k. Also try to click on the calculate score button several times. You will get different scores each time. I guess it depends on the current system load.

Duron 900 Mhz

512 sdr RAM

GF3 Ti

only gets 1870 wink.gif but runs smooth when i host for 10 peeps [cable]

Stop, stop, STOP!!!

Why do you want to torture us? biggrin.gif

Mine:

PIII 866 256MB, GF2 GTS 64MB->1577 tounge.gif

So please stop smile.gif

Pentium 4 1.3ghz

512 RDRAM

Geforce 3 Ti500

Runs great in 1280x960... but I somehow only get a performance score of 2026? I upgraded from 256 to 512 Ram and it actually LOWERED my score.. Download 3DMark2001SE, its a great benchmarking in proggie.

OFP: 2026

3D Mark2001 Second Edition: 6225

I think it's relative to what the OFP engine needs.

The AI relies heavily on the CPU, so the CPU is more important in an OFP benchmark than other components for example.

thx for the replies guys. I didn't know my score would be on top of everyone else biggrin.gif

score: 700 ..............

Pentium 2 400 MHZ

328 SD-RAM

Geforce 2 MX-400 32 MB

Pentium 2 360 MHZ

Diamond Viper v550 16mb

398mb ram

score:703

Athlon XP 2000+ (1.67ghz)

Asus A7N266-C

256mb Crucial PC2100 (only 1 stick, so no 128bit memory bus)

Creative GeForce3 (the original)

OFP CPU Benchmark: 4166

To me this suggests that the "OFP CPU benchmark" takes more than just the raw power of the CPU into account, 3987 and 4166 is some difference I think, and if it really was just the CPU all XP 2000+ owners would get equal benchmarks, and that kinda defeats the purpose of benchmarking!?!?!? Anyhow, based on that I reckon that the motherboard, and other core components are in someway influencing the overall benchmark result, it would seem to be the only other factor not yet excluded outright.

Here's my opinion: The benchmark has Jack to do with anything other than the cpu speed.

I've an el cheapo Celeron II 800@1160. Score varies between 1997 and 2024.

Reason why this is an cpu only benchmark. Just upgraded from a GeForce256 SDR to the retail ATI Radeon 8500....and did that change anything? Nope...so I guess u're on dope?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SpaceAlex @ Mar. 14 2002,01:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">score: 5150

CPU: P4 2.0 GhZ<span id='postcolor'>

5150confused.gif Excellent score. Now I am jelaous...

Obviously this is manly based on CPU type, the bigger Mhz the better scores.

Maybe BI can throw some light about how are the scores calculated?

bah  these benchmarks are crap   here we go

Hillysbenchmark

benchmark.jpg

biggrin.gif

I am probably the only bloke to have 128 MB RAM (DDR PC2100). The game runs fine. I have an Athlon XP 1600+ (1.4 GHZ) with Geforce 2 64MB. My score is around 3200.

Anyone out there with a Celery CPU? <snicker> I just deep-sixed mine for the Athlon.

When I upgraded, I was torn between the well-known, well-marketed P4 or the little-known Athlon XP. I researched the 2 CPUs and found that the Athlon XP CPU is as good, if not better, than the P4 for gaming. The Athlon lacks the 400mhz bus speed but it is better for games that rely heavily on the CPU (combat simulators and AI).

Here are some articles on the 2 CPUs.

Article 1

Article 2

29920012890.jpg