Sign in to follow this  
Stormcrow85

Arma2 - cool ideas but totally screwed up! (Bug report)

Hi Bohemia

I'm trying to play the german version of arma2 (v1.01) but there are so many bugs that I can't have fun with this game (i played ofp and arma for years so i know the command stuff and so on)... ok where should i start....

-There are some missions where u can call a chopper for transport or get help from the artillery... at the beginning of the mission everything works great but after some minutes the artillery command disappears... after some more minutes the "call transport"-button also disappears ... they are not longer available for the rest of the mission...

-in the second manhattan mission (cold blabla) when u get back the base (after the sequence)... If you try to get in the car (on base) the sight goes to external and stays at the bottom where you got in the car you can drive around but you dont see anything the quick menu (middle mouse button) works, but it doesnt appear on the screen anymore --> i managed to change to gunner and and command the driver to a waypoint... you hear the car moving, you see the car moving on the map but the camera doesnt move anymore it stays on the ground. Even changing to another squad member doesnt help... it changes to the selected member for a half second and then the "bottom camera" again (in camp)... the same happens after leaving the base and getting into other vehicles.

After the sequence (still at the base) you cant aim with the right mouse button anymore... only the zoom works but not the sniping mode... if you are trying to get to the sniper mode (short right mouse click) you see the sun flickering ---> if you click a few times its like looking into a strobo.

-Also in this mission it happened that i lost a squad member (the icon of the machine gun guy disappeared) i wasnt able to change to him anymore or give him any orders... so i shot him:yay: the medic guy accepted the command to heal him but it didnt help... he (the machine gunner) was standing in the middle of the field and did nothing.

-Also in this mission it happened that given commands and radio messages and talking between the members werent shown on screen anymore (subtitles were gone) and oh yes the speaking was also gone... all the other sounds are ok

-Also in this mission i noticed that the time lapse doesnt work... normally you can make the time getting 2x or 4x faster than normal... in this mission you can only set 1x or 2x... BUT if you change to 2x its not a whit faster than the normal time

-In multiplayer games i get disconnected for no reason (not because i make the hoster angry:D) this happens to everyone i have spoken to who is using the german version

-There are a lots of other bugs but i concentrate on those that really kill the feeling of playing a cool game

Whats positive in Arma2?

-I really like the idea of calling Transport and Artillery... getting support from far away is really cool NICE WORK (but it doesnt work very well atm... im sure it will be fixed soon)

-Arma/ofp is not like other shooters where the enemys spawn from nowhere and attack you... they exist from the beginning of the mission and do what ever they have to do (like patrolling or driving from A to B etc.) this makes the programming of the AI more complex so there may be more script errors... i really dont care about those errors because your way is much cooler than others...

My conlusion: cool ideas but totally screwed up... did u guys test the game before putting it into the shelves? because that is really a beta version... sometimes even worse...

If you need help or something... just ask :p

Edited by Stormcrow85

But one fact is wonderful. We all suffered from the same errors but everybody in another situation or in another order. This is real variety.

Warning sent for posting campaign spoilers. The rules are very clear.

Warning sent for posting campaign spoilers. The rules are very clear.

Well... Thats your answer??? i expected a bit more than getting a warning... did you read my post??? posting campaign spoilers is your only problem you see in my post???

When i have a bug and i want to tell it to the developper i have to say WHERE it happens HOW it happens WHAT happens... so that you guys know what im talking about... I wanted to help you... and what do i receive???? a warning??? you think im writing such a big post just for fun? you think im so bored that i invest 2 hours with writing to you just for NOTHING??? common guys give me a adequate answer to my post... if you dont know what to do... here a few questions

-Which problems do you know already and which ones are new???

-How can i avoid getting those problems???

-When will the game be playable??? (NO ITS NOT ATM):mad:

-When can i stay connected on MP-Games???

-AAARRRGH you really make me angry... if your thinking about an arma3 LET IT BE!!! (or ask codemasters for help:p)

ok... last point was unfair but HEY i didnt program this crap!!!

-->looking forward to a more or less smart answer from you guys! and please dont bann me know just because its the easyer way ok???

greets

Edit: When i was looking on the www for a solution for all my bugs i also saw what "should" happen in the story... so dont complain about spoiling... its ridiculous (compared to the development of the game)

Edited by Stormcrow85

Well... Thats your answer??? i expected a bit more than getting a warning... did you read my post??? posting campaign spoilers is your only problem you see in my post???

My primary function when using the forums is to implement the forum rules. I appreciate that bugs are frustrating for you but you're one person, this forum is used by thousands and I must act for the many not the one, nothing has been removed from your post, if you want to spend the time to edit the post to only spoiler those things which really are spoilers then by all means feel free.

1. -Which problems do you know already and which ones are new???

2. -How can i avoid getting those problems???

3. -When will the game be playable??? (NO ITS NOT ATM):mad:

4. -When can i stay connected on MP-Games???

1. Look around the Troubleshooting forum or check the bug tracker.

2. Some you can't avoid until patched, always install the latest patch, for others read the forums and hopefully there will be some suggestions.

3. To say it's "not playable" is a gross exaggeration, it's not perfect but it's far from unplayable. There has already been feedback in other threads about the fixes that will be implemented into 1.02, some of which are campaign and AI related.

4. See above (you could find this answer in the existing threads about MP disconnections).

Edit: When i was looking on the www for a solution for all my bugs i also saw what "should" happen in the story... so dont complain about spoiling... its ridiculous (compared to the development of the game)

What you found or didn't find elsewhere in the form of spoilers is not my concern, whether or not you think it's ridiculous to stop the campaign being spoiled for other people that's how it is, it's a rule and you must follow it.

Roger that bugs, I also got ALL OF THEM plus some more of course, it really seems like late BETA, sure not QA approved commercial release. Really, I can appreciate progamming & testing work you have had done,BUT being prog/tester myself, c'mon guys, if i did that sloppy job in my work testing, we would loose a contract & I would loose a job I guess... can't really imagine that :(

I really hope you gonna finish this most potential game soon(!).

What you found or didn't find elsewhere in the form of spoilers is not my concern, whether or not you think it's ridiculous to stop the campaign being spoiled for other people that's how it is, it's a rule and you must follow it.

Spoilers removed... sry

This is the troubleshooting forum, not the feedback forum, if you don't have specific, on topic information to post then do not reply in troubleshooting threads please.

Anyway, back on topic:

I feel your pain. The campaign has some problems. A dev mentioned a patch coming out on the 19th (or was that 26th?). Should improve the campaign.

The campaign is awesome, just some bugs ruin it.

Edited by Placebo
Editing to leave only ontopic part.

funkee Infraction +3 for ignoring a moderator's instruction, spamming and Public disagreement about Forum moderation, if you continue you should remember 2 more is a permanent ban.

All off topic posts deleted.

lol he behaves like a dictator.

BTW: I expirienced the same + some more problems (look at my post radiosound and mouselag problem)

This IS a beta, this game IS ridiciolus. It has potential but we are betatesters. Where are the programmers of this game? No statment to the threadstarters serious post. Only bashing from the forumdicator.

When I did my work this bad I've been fired. thats for sure.

Removed all the irrelevant crap from your post, expect a warning infraction for that one.

1. Where are the programmers of this game? 2. No statment to the threadstarters serious post.

1. The "programmers of this game" have posted in numerous troubleshooting threads already, if you missed it try opening your eyes, they already confirmed a number of the fixes that 1.02 will include.

2. I answered a number of the original posters questions in my second reply here, again, try opening your eyes.

I'm sorry to have to let you know but this forum doesn't revolve simply around you, I'm sorry you're having mouse lag problems and that you feel it's not currently being addressed but you're not the only person here, all threads, all issues are being looked at and addressed and/or resolved as much as possible.

1. The "programmers of this game" have posted in numerous troubleshooting threads already, if you missed it try opening your eyes, they already confirmed a number of the fixes that 1.02 will include

Ok Placebo

I opened my eyes to find out what i have to do to stay connected in MP games... but my problem is that this game have thousands of bugs and thousands of bug reports so its impossible for me to find one specific bug report. Even if you search about MP disconnections (yes i know how to use the search button) you get hundreds of posts...

could you please be so kind and post some usefull links here:

-Is there a link where u can see a list of all known bugs which will be fixed?

---> Insert Link Here<---

-What do i have to do to stay connected on MP games?

--->Insert Link(s) Here<---

I think this would help many users reading this thread (750 views in 48 hours)

3. To say it's "not playable" is a gross exaggeration, it's not perfect but it's far from unplayable. There has already been feedback in other threads about the fixes that will be implemented into 1.02, some of which are campaign and AI related.

---> To say it's "not perfect" is a gross understatement There has already been feedback in other threads about fatal bugs which are still existant after getting the latest version (german version is at 1.01 atm)

And fact is that Bohemia Interactive gets money from thousands of users and in exchange we get something that doesnt work. (would you buy a car even if it doesnt run - just because it's a car?)

Here in Germany/Switzerland there's a discussion about bugged programs/games declaring as a warranty case ---> Bohemia would be bankrupt and you guys would loose your jobs... what a luck that you can kid your customers without fearing consequences:yay:

-Is there a link where u can see a list of all known bugs which will be fixed?

---> Insert Link Here<---

No there is not, there are some posts from ohara in TS confirming certain fixes included in 1.02

-What do i have to do to stay connected on MP games?

--->Insert Link(s) Here<---

No idea.

and in exchange we get something that doesnt work.

If it didn't work nobody would be able to install it, nobody would be able to play it, yet I see lots of people have been able to install it, lots of people have been able to play it, we will try to address your issues, we cannot address your inaccurate generalisations or irrelevant anecdotes, that's not what this forum is for, if you want to go off on a tangent about Swiss warranties or whatever go find the impressions thread in ArmA2: General.

We are all aware that there many bugs in the game, if you want to be useful i bealive theres a public arma2 bug tracker.

Here in Germany/Switzerland there's a discussion about bugged programs/games declaring as a warranty case ---> Bohemia would be bankrupt and you guys would loose your jobs... what a luck that you can kid your customers without fearing consequences

who are you to say this? , The games BIS produce take an awful lot of work and alot of focous and dedication to get to the stages they are at and not to mention ArmA2 is not complete yet so id wait till the 505 realese on the 19th before you start making judgements of this sort

Gentlemen we all knew the German release was going to be premature so hold onto your high horses and wait for the 505 release and patch 1.02 or 1.03 :)

You say

"Here in Germany/Switzerland there's a discussion about bugged programs/games declaring as a warranty case"

Well if it wasn't for your German publisher non of these bugs would be present so thats very hypocritical of you!

If it didn't work nobody would be able to install it, nobody would be able to play it, yet I see lots of people have been able to install it, lots of people have been able to play it, we will try to address your issues, we cannot address your inaccurate generalisations or irrelevant anecdotes, that's not what this forum is for, if you want to go off on a tangent about Swiss warranties or whatever go find the impressions thread in ArmA2: General.

I was able to install it (never said something else) but im not able to advance in singleplayer beacause of a camera/aim bug (read first post) and im not able to stay connected in multiplayer games (also written in my first post). Everyone i have spoken to (who is using a german version) has the same problem (you call this premature?)... if someone uses the german version and doesnt get disconnected- please post it here...

The "irrelevant anecdotes" was just something for you guys to think about... no need for further discussion...

The "inaccurate generalisations"... what you mean with this??? because its "just" the german version that doesnt work? (i never said smthing about the english version... i never played it) and whats about you guys (Lt.Chris and G-Xavion) did u play the german version? do you know what im talking about? - I'm inclined to doubt you did... but anyways

a lot of german users (me included) keep playing MP even if we get disconnected 2-3 times per hour - Why? because Bohemia invested a lot of time and money to make this game and it looks great... there are very cool ideas (What i also said in my first post) BUT when you invested that much money why not waiting 2 months more and fix some more bugs BEFORE selling it... now you have a lot of negative publicy... the ratings in the (german) game magazines are horrible... That's a pity because arma2 could have been "best game 2009"

why not waiting 2 months more and fix some more bugs BEFORE selling it...

Try asking the correct party responsible.

The game wouldn´t be out of the alpha in 2 months.

History proved that both OFP and ArmA I took years to be patched on a somehow acceptable level.

The fact that ArmA II is like ArmA I full of tiny config bugs shows that BIS did not implemented normal testing methods in the last 8 years.

I am not talking about real bugs (functional bugs) I talk about tiny bushes with the config of a concrete block etc. which are easy to find with systematic testing and config screening.

@ Placebo: They way you answer is making that people get angry so that you can ban them in the end. This is NOT criticism, I just tell you a fact.

Edited by S!fkaIaC

@ Placebo: They way you answer is making that people get angry so that you can ban them in the end. This is NOT criticism, I just tell you a fact.

As far as I can see, Placebo is the only decent poster in this topic.

If you want to blame someone, blame the german publisher Morphicon. Releasing a game before it's finished is bad.

BIS had nothing to do with the early release. No, Morphicon wanted to be first. So until the 505 Games version, just enjoy that you got the freaking game a freaking month earlier than you were supposed to.

If you want to blame someone, blame the german publisher Morphicon. Releasing a game before it's finished is bad.

This is very true!!! But only one side of the the Problem.

I'm also much angry since release but i think the publisher is responsible for this mess.

Its that the Publisher actually pays the development team during the whole development (or starting form a certain point) and so they are deciding when its time to earn-off the money.... However in this case with Arma2, i think it was a shot in Morphicons own knee (hopefully!!!!!!!).

For you that think the 505 Release will be any better, i think 505 Release will only be 1.01 stage with a 1.02 patch for everyone following short after the release.

Genereally i agree to S!fkaIaC post, that it will take years for Arma2 to get mature - sadly! BIS would actually deserve a 3 times as large development team (if there would be a publisher taking that risk and paying them)

BIS had nothing to do with the early release. No, Morphicon wanted to be first. So until the 505 Games version, just enjoy that you got the freaking game a freaking month earlier than you were supposed to.

I would love to live like you in a different reality :D :yay: :D

I did not blame Placebo for the game status, he is just ... the moderator.

He has only little more knowledge about ArmA II then a usual noob, at least he is not showing more

No idea.

BIS must have given a commitment for that date (29.05.2009) earlier, else Morphi would have had no right to insist on that date. Morphi released anyway - but the 505 version will still contain that many bugs that you can call it ALPHA. Hence a delay of a few months more would not change much in the overall game condition.

Go with the 1.02 to the community bugtracker and enjoy in 4-5 days.

Edited by S!fkaIaC

I really understand all the annoyances that the bugs are causing on people.

But what you've here is a game rather different from what you are used to play in terms of complexity.

BIS doesn't have unlimited resources, unlimited money, like other software houses have. It's a tiny little software house that produces one of the most fantastic game of all history of computer gaming. There's is nothing yet that can be comparable in terms of milsim and open environment.

The things aren't perfect I know. That was no different seven years ago with Operation Flashpoint. I felt the same that you feel now. But the game will play better with each new patch. And they will come. Before the launch of ARMA II Bis launched a new patch for ARMA. Which software house do you know that before launching a new sequel is bothering in still perfecting the old one?

There will be a lot of fun for all you if you don't mind to be patient. You'll have a ton of addons and missions, made by the community, to entertain you all a long. And with time you'll learn to love the game and will play it for years and years. You will then excuse all these glitches, because this guys have made history in terms of computer gaming.

So all in all, I feel privileged. Who knows if one day you'll feel the same.

@S!fkaIaC

Sometimes the moderators must be dictators because if not this will turn into a bloody battlefield. They must enforce a little discipline just like in the army.

People have always stranger and wild behaviors behind a screen and a keyboard that wouldn't have it in "real life". I like dictators in Forums but surely don't appreciate them outside.

because that is really a beta version...

I thaught the GERMAN version WAS basically a beta. Didnt you know this when you baught it? How did you miss that? Havent you read on this forum that campaign bugs will be looked after in the next patch coming soon? Take some time and read the forum and report bugs you find with a bit less "????????" and "!!!!!!!!!!!" it doesnt really help when you try reading the mess does it?

Alex

For me its totally unplayable, if u search my posts u can see what am suffering , i had to use endmission cheat to end some missions otherwise i still stuck. now i reached my TOP in errors my screen totaly white and i cant play, i tryed all what the guys said to fix but nothing happens it stays white, so plz dont tell me its far from unplayable cuz its not true.

The game is fantastic otherwise i would've uninstalled and not post a single post on forum but we whine and keep posting cuz we love it and want to play asap thats my problem :(.

Edited by fidai