Sign in to follow this  
MuthaF

ArmA 2 1.01: Bitter Chill - serious bugs

Well, here we go:

1. right after unskippable cutscene with last surviving soldier at Manhatten FOB, I loose 3rd person camera, tactical view AND more importably optics close-up. Zoom's still working. If any of these functions used, screen flashes and faded little.

2. Critical problem appears right after entering civil NAPA vehicle for evac: My character sits IN the car door, half-levitating, half-sitting in car. But the worst part: my point of view get stuck right besides original point of entry into vehicle. It stays there ever after cutscene. Only remedy is wait up to 5'o'clock, when script triggered event corrected the problem for me (optics/3rd person view bugs still present), mission finish soon after that."

Hope i'm gonna save someone a lot of frustration with point 2.

Anyway, feel free to add other serious bugs in this mission, seems there is plenty :o

And really, cant wait for AntiAliasing, also i'd REALLY like to see more than 2 cores working... and not to mention engine optimalization, AI bugs/poor performance, and everpresent scripting/trigger errors :j:

Q9550@3.7, 3GB RAM, WinXP SP3

4870X2 max OC'ed, 2.3TB HDDs, Liquid Cooled

of course everythin' up-to-date, OC's stable, etc.

Edited by MuthaF
better work-around description

I read somewhere that there already is AA,you have to turn up your Fillrate Optimizer.:)

I have exactly the same bug , in fact the game go's from one bug to another .

I might shelve this for a few months, and wait till its fixed , the game is very broken , much like arma2 , I really want love this game , but am just hating at present , just dissapointed i didnt wait a few months as I could have picked it up for a tenner and most a lot of the game breaking stuff would hopefully have been fixed

aD. AA - there is no AA, fillrate is somthing SIMILAR but different. Screw fillrate, we wanna AA. Jaggies at 1920*1200@175% fillrate, <30fps with my PC, seriously, wtf?

DarBytes:

Be glad you are not in next mission, seems way WORSE than Manhatten and Bitter Chill..

unresponsive AI, bad triggers, teams get culled to trhree members, Cooper dissapers and stuff like that... just two freaking words:

UNPLAYABLE and UNTESTED

Ridiculous. That's all I can say. I'm a patient guy, but this one's just... yeah.

At first I was like "what?, I didn't have any errors, the game is fine", could play till Bitter Chill without problems... and now I'm stuck at the same place, just after the cutscene.

Hey exactly how many times did the "Betatesters" play this mission?

Come on it's reproducible and would show up after about 15 minutes of playing.

Damn ridiculous work on "QA" and thanks a lot, I think I will try fixing it now manually by searching for the cutscene files, editing them and re-pbo the campaign.

Icewindo:

I think its not worth the work, this mission is laughably short, if you follow my advice, you get through although it can take few tries - After 5'o'clock Deadline reportedly sometimes doesn't trigger.

Oh, maybe my solution works only if you DONT try to call chopper, oh, i kinda didnt finish workouround, gotta edit that. Anyway here is solution:

"Only remedy is wait up to 5'o'clock, when script triggered event corrected the problem for me (optics/3rd person view bugs still present), mission finish soon after that."

Oh, if you wanna play further, please read according threads.. :( next mission is pretty bad too :(

Icewindo dont U realize.. We ARE THE BETATESTERS!!! ;)

Fillrate is a combo of AA+Supersampling. Fillrate uses AA to remove jaggies on models and Supersampling to remove jaggies from 2D objects like fences/leafs/grass and so on.

I want AA as option as well. Using AA and Supersampling in other games i have makes it heavy for the hardware. And ARMA2 seeing all that vegetation - phew! And knowing my system atm isnt top notch... Will not be good me reckon. :) I never play without AA as i just cant stand a game with Aliasing. But BIS said they are looking into it. Have faith!

Alex

same problem. that mission is a joke. i mean i completed it (without GPS and compass, by navigating from crash spot). but wheres the fun in that?!!

Unbelievable!

I have beaten Manhatten! It took me two weeks or something, just because I did not want to skip the mission. Reload, retried, reload... finally, tonight I finished the mission successfully...

ONLY TO RUN INTO THE NEXT BUGGY BULLSHIT MISSION? How am I supposed to finish this joke? I cannot wait until 5 o'clock, because someone shoots my gunner out of the car from nowwhere. If I go for the cutscene and try to reach the meetingpoint, I am shot again.

WTF?

This is the damn worst game I EVER purchased! And don't try to tell me that it will be fine after a few patches! It should be working right now! I can tolerate minor bugs, but this mission has NEVER EVER been touched by QA or (in case they have touched it) they do not have a slight idea what they are doing! Damn, I am really pissed! AGAIN!

To run ArmAII is not playing a game, it is SURFING BUGS and Workarounds...

Edited by Meldric

Same bug here after cutscene i loose optics, 3dperson view and whenever i try to activate one of those 2 the sun shines brighter for 0.5sec

WTH is going on>?

I have a weird problem.

When I get advised back to the FOB after loss of radio contact wi the other squad on the base, when I approach the top of the hill ( after clearing up the section of enemy troops at the gate) I always get shot.

OK you might think I'm just hopeless at OFP ARMA etc but this is wierd, after about 10 atttempts ( from 148M to around 130M to the FOB waypoint) i still get shot from somthing which sounds like a sniper at short range. I've tried smoke,everything. I've even tried to send the rest of the AI razor team to the FOB and they get into the base fine but as soon as I switch or follow them I get shot from this invisible unit. It's uncanny. Not one member of my squad spots this ghost unit which kills me eveytime ( but not them).

Has anyone else had this. I wouldnt normaly post but It seems as though this could be a bug, CDF player turns against USMC player?.

Just to reiterate, I cannot reach the top of the FOB without getting kille!

:(

The answer below: (hidden because it's spoiler. Highlight text to read it)

The only way to pass that point is to go with your rescue Chopper. Call it by radio. That's because the campaign continues that way.

I have this bug... where I choose to go with NAPA. They take me in the car, and then.... he says "I can only take you to Novy Sober". So we get there.... and he just keeps going, eventually stopping and getting out of the car. Because the script prevents anyone from getting out of the car, we are stuck in the car and the mission ends via bug.

(it doesn't actually end, you just can't go any further, you're stuck in the car lol.)

The answer below: (hidden because it's spoiler. Highlight text to read it)

Err... wait a second

Before the patch I was able to get to FOB Manhattan and there you would see another cutscene explaining things and stuff, giving you some hints and clearing things up. And you have to get to the FOB, were even ordered to, read in the briefing, it says that you should investigate the FOB before leaving with the helo.

I don't think they would put in this cutscene and then never give it the chance to get it to play. Seems just like another bug to me. Plus, before the patch I could clear out the area and got a message like "we got them all", then went up to the base -> no magical shooting.

Tbh. this is just like a F for (complete) FAILURE in editing. Who would put in some magical headshot trigger just because there's one soldier hiding in the woods preventing the trigger for the area to be cleared. Wouldn't get your mission more than 4/10 at ofpec. Talk about dynamic missions. Come on BIS, you can, eh could have done better :( .

Edited by Icewindo

Yeah I've got the same issue, if I head in ANY direction after clearing the checkpoint down from Manhattan, I get shot (usually 3 shots, close range third will be head shot - dead straight out). If I get into a truck I get RPGed at roughly the same points. If I spread Razor out they find nothing and none of them get shot, but if I tread the same path as any of the team - headshot. I can even wait for all the friendly NAPA or whatever troops to show up, and none of them find this invisible soldier.

Funny thing is, when I clear the checkpoint I can't call a helo. However, I can call it if one guy is left at the checkpoint, so I do. When the chopper picks me up, we fly for about 20 seconds before the chopper gets shot down (presumably by an RPG). I mean, WTF???

My Bitter Chill mission is also bugged.

When i try to approach the USMC assembly area after the manhattan scene i get shot by a invisible-super-army after a while.

No matter if i try to get to the assembly area with a vehicle, on foot in stealth mode, or with chopper, i always get killed by 1 "shot".

Haven't tried to get to the assembly area with tank/APC but i can bet my pants on that it wont work either.

I am 100% sure that it is not a actual enemy who kills me, it's the game which decides that i have to die for some reason.

There is simply NO WAY to get to the USMC assembly area.

I have now realised how buggy ArmA 2 really is.

I was struggling with the bugged Manhattan mission for many days, and when i finally made it i now have to struggle with this bugged mission.

And i have read that the mission after "Bitter chill" is also buggy, so the whole campaign will be a constant fight with bugs.

I have no other option than to stop playing the campaign, and hope that future patches will make the campaign less buggy, but i think it will take a looooong time before the campaign will be playable.

And i dunno about multiplayer either... in public MP servers there is nothing else than chaos and teamkilling, i have to find a good private server to play on but i dunno how i can find one.

I guess i have to join a clan but i don't have enough skill to be in a clan, and also in many clans it is required that you speak in teamspeak/VON or whatever, but i don't want to/can't do that.

EDIT: oh ye, and i am running the newest 1.02 patch.

Edited by Blackbird_CaD_

I called in the chopper and everything went smooth... No bugs on my side.

Everytime i try to get to the assembly area, i always get hit by some random troop with an rpg, i can never get to the damn place. i cant call a chopper or anything. this is really pissing me off. please help. u may say i just cant drive or suck, but no matter what i always get hit, please help :eek:

Well, I have the earlier mentioned bug, where if I get in the NAPA hatchback, I get carted through Novy Sobor, all the way to the church in Mogilevka, where the driver gets out, runs around the car a bit before stopping by the road, whereupon nothing happens for all eternity.

I've also tried calling the helicopter in after rejecting the NAPA aid offer, but it never shows up for some reason.

And, of course, I helped out the NAPA earlier in the campaign, which is why they like me now.

But from where I'm standing, Bitter Chill is unfinishable (unless you can take a car and try driving to Electrovodosk to somehow trigger the the next plot point that way?

This is silly. How am I ment to know to call the chopper in order to progress the mission? The instruction after recovering the files is to investigate the base - which I cant do as I get headshot by invisible super army just before I get there.

Forget sandbox.

Hell, it's not even linear.

It's some kind of psycho telepathy where you have to guess what the level designer was thinking with NO FLIPPING CLUES.

For goodness sake. Please can I have the names and addresses of the QA people? I would like to pop round and ask them some questions.... like WTF they were doing.

A MI-8 landed in the FoB in my game a killed its crew and took it :) I am just not sure where to go now

My Bitter Chill mission is also bugged.

When i try to approach the USMC assembly area after the manhattan scene i get shot by a invisible-super-army after a while.

No matter if i try to get to the assembly area with a vehicle, on foot in stealth mode, or with chopper, i always get killed by 1 "shot".

Haven't tried to get to the assembly area with tank/APC but i can bet my pants on that it wont work either.

I am 100% sure that it is not a actual enemy who kills me, it's the game which decides that i have to die for some reason.

There is simply NO WAY to get to the USMC assembly area. [...]

EDIT: oh ye, and i am running the newest 1.02 patch.

I am having the same problem here. I cannot reach FOB Manhatten. Maybe there is some single unit running around the map which needs to be killed so the area gets unlocked?

I am having the same problem here. I cannot reach FOB Manhatten. Maybe there is some single unit running around the map which needs to be killed so the area gets unlocked?

It does this if you don't have the documents, which I would assume you don't?

If you don't have the documents then you need to restart the entire mission from FOB where you leave to get them.

Drive directly to the house and set up defense to cover the north as infantry will come from the rebel base at the dam to get the documents. Do NOT enter the house or it will say the enemy has already got them.

Kill all enemies, if they run you must chase and kill them all! When all enemies are dead your guy will say that they are running. Enter the house and the documents will be there on the table.

This should end the 3 shot kill (if on foot) or RPG (if in vehicle) when coming up to the FOB.

Again, entering the house before killing the rebels will result in them already having the papers, killing then then entering will allow you to collect it. Rebels may take a minute to arrive if you head directly there from FOB.

Thanks for your afford, but I made it through the mission. I guess my fault was that I attacked the enemy guys at the front gate of FOB Manhatten whatever script it activates when you take out those ChDKZs. Simply put, as I got the documents and burnt the house, I drove off the town on the road eastwards and then up the hill from the northern region close to the FOB until I found Simmons. Then I called the chopper. The rest of the mission worked just fine.