Sign in to follow this  
SpiralOut

Horrible Graphics/FPS

Turn off fillrate give us our cards capability back, will certainly help a little. Along with engine tweaks for memory handling of gfx and ai and we should be sitting pretty.

I still stand by the fact your viewpoint is aiming at the sky to reduce clutter rendering below, thats why ur seeing those high frames :D I know cause I can pull that off also :p

Oh and your facing the sea in those ruined church shots :D

Go do some fps shots on say loading up 1-10 coop woodland and see what they are in the base there where you start.. that is what sort of test I want to see. Could you add some weather into it as well so its not just a pure blue sky, cheers..

Tbh i wasn't looking for fps when i took those shots, i've just been looking to get the best graphics/performance combination i could, from my earlier shots it's plain to see that i've done that, as for your requests for additional testing may i suggest that is best seved with your own rig?

I'm getting a solid 35fps in multiplayer with the preceeding visuals & huge fps's in the editor (up to 180fps skyward) without any AI inplace, singleplayer campaign around 30 min to 70 maximum.

i was initially very sceptical about Ama2's performance & optimization, i'm sure we'll see increases as with the original in performance but for now i'm happy, this was due to getting the new graphics settings all wrong.

If you care to look there is more than enough information scattgered around these posts to help but there comes a point when hardware is the determining factor, i really don't want to rain on anyone's parade but some users need to accept that this game/sim is a beast to run.

I hope the most of you will get to enjoy the game because it's well worth it when it runs well.

Good luck.

Poking tongues and big grinning smileys have alot to say btw :D

Yeah 35fps in mp is not hard to achieve for anyone to much at times, Its just the fact its not always solid, although at times it does seem to be but heck MP has issues plain to see from peoples pc's more highly spec'd than your own there.

Yeah i see you had around 28 fps in same area (albeit diff location for it) you shot first set of screenshots, but my comment was more a leg puller and the fact your first shots were taken facing inland in standard 3rd person mode(not zoomed in to the 3rd person which ur latter shots are reducing frame lag anyhow).

So regarding me doing the tests I dont need to really, I can tell you 1-10 coop woodland is a porked situation for me 27fps max even when leaving the area for about 500mtrs lol (that might of been now due to a knackered gfx cfg again though) and has been for everyone ive seen join it in chat, for the most part.

Im guessing you done some of your own tweaking to get to "your at position" with the game now, so It would of been more sensible maybe to of taken the screenshots you did at the same place and same angles you did the first set, just for a better comparison you know ;)

back top topic:

i also have this choppy graphics ingame, while it doesn't matter what settings i choose. my fps are everytime around 20, i guess thers something wrong with texture loading, dunno. all drivers up to date. with all i mean ALL.

tried all the settings even in config. game runs not that bad, but anything must be wrong due to the fact my settings don't really change my fps neither do resolution settings. i hope this will be sorted out by BI or ATI. great game though.

ASUS P5Q-E

Intel Core 2 Duo@3,0 GHz

4GB RAM

ATI Radeon 4850 512MB

MS Vista 64Bit SP2

Redkid Joker, since you asked so nicely ;)

1 Core - 2534

2 Cores - 2537

4 Cores - 4342

Now this is interesting, isn't it? Notice how much lower the CPU usage is compared to the 2-core version, but the performance is exactly the same! This has to be a bug, how else can you explain that two almost completely utilized cores yield exactly the same result as one core alone?

arma2cputest1corer.png

And I have a feeling ArmAMarkII does not touch the problems I had in the campaign, where performance was significantly lower than just standing at the same spot in an empty map. While in the empty map performance was only limited by GPU-performance, I was completely limited by the CPU in the campaign mission. Going down to 25% fillrate did not change the framerate at all, while it did a huge difference on the empty map.

@Skeptic: ArmAMarkII is installed by simply copying the included file "ArmAIIMark.Chernarus.pbo" into the [...\ArmA 2\missions] folder. Then launch ArmA2, choose Singleplayer > Scenarios and run the testmission.

Interesting stuff eh?

Maybe help in this part of the forum?

I'm sure new patch will improve performance some.

@ ethne

Hi ethne, may I ask you wich PSU does the job in your TRIPLE SLI?

Thank you :-) ....

Arma2 is played here with Track IR and the resolution set at 1920*1200 - memory and GPU´s are swapped as needed between the 2 PCs

Intel Q6600 @ 3.0Ghz OC**************AMD PhenomII 940BE @ 3.0Ghz

4GB DDR2-1066@933MHz**************4GB DDR2-1066

1 260GTX **************************2 260GTX in SLI

X-Fi Xtreme Gamer*******************Onboard Sound Realtek High Definition Audio

Asus P5N72-T Premium****************Asrock K10N780SLIX3-WiFi

PSU Xilence 750W Gamer Edition********PSU Xilence 750W Gamer Edition

Windows Vista 64 Ultimate*************Windows 7 RC1 64-bit

Edited by BrunoDerRabe

low FPS comes from chernarus island i think, perhaps taking too much video memory.

I agree with you.......it's the trees.

I don't think that this game is set to use high video memories.

I run this game with GTX 275 SLI mode and I get 50-60 fps on UTES.

The moment I got to the Chernarus, Bam!! From in FPS.

I tried changing my memory settings in the CFG file to 1792mb and nothing.

The games studders. So I'm only playing with 256mb of video memory and waisting 1500mb.

very weird. This games is very poorly codes for high spec cards. this game seems to run why nicer on the low spec rigs.

I'm running everything at very high except texture quality and video memory on normal becuase the game doens't want to use any more than 256mb.

Im sure once they fix this to atleast 1g than my system will run it better. but I'm getting 30-45 on charnarus with a gimped cfg file.

I guess that isn't so bad huh?!

Same problem here.

gtx275 and a c2d at 3800 mhz.

Those people obviously are lying about the fps or dont notice framdrops beyond 15

I agree with you.......it's the trees.

I don't think that this game is set to use high video memories.

I run this game with GTX 275 SLI mode and I get 50-60 fps on UTES.

The moment I got to the Chernarus, Bam!! From in FPS.

I tried changing my memory settings in the CFG file to 1792mb and nothing.

The games studders. So I'm only playing with 256mb of video memory and waisting 1500mb.

very weird. This games is very poorly codes for high spec cards. this game seems to run why nicer on the low spec rigs.

ArmA2 (1.02), BIOS, drivers and OS are up to date

I'm running everything at very high except texture quality and video memory on normal becuase the game doens't want to use any more than 256mb.

Im sure once they fix this to atleast 1g than my system will run it better. but I'm getting 30-45 on charnarus with a gimped cfg file.

I guess that isn't so bad huh?!

Did you try the msconfig trick on your system?

Would be interesting, , if this workaround does help you.

Have a look here please: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=73232&page=7

Easy to recognize the impact on the detected VRAM.

Because my system is very different I can´t give you an advice of the value to set in the advanced startup options of the msconfig for the amount of RAM.

Wich NVIDIA driver version do you use?

Changing your memory settings in the CFG file to 1792MB doesn´t help, because it will be overwritten by the game.

Edited by BrunoDerRabe

Did you try the msconfig trick on your system?

Would be interesting, , if this workaround does help you.

Have a look here please: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=73232&page=7

Easy to recognize the impact on the detected VRAM.

Because my system is very different I can´t give you an advice of the value to set in the advanced startup options of the msconfig for the amount of RAM.

Wich NVIDIA driver version do you use?

Changing your memory settings in the CFG file to 1792MB doesn´t help, because it will be overwritten by the game.

COLOR]

If you set the CFG file to read only it doesn't overwrite. Truthfully, I'm tired of messing it. I just hope that BI get's their shit together so we don't have mess with this. I been gaming for over 3O years and this is the first time I have to do this much tweaking to get a game running that doesn't even push my system. This game should be pushing my cpu and and gpus but it doesn't due to poor coding. I'll be patient and wait for some patches but I'm glad that I still have arma1 installed. Arma1 pushes my system more than this game. It's pretty obvious that this game inst new tech friendly. My system actually stresses the game and it should be the other way around. Don't get me started, I could even start on the LOD problems this game has too.

Truthfully, I'm tired of messing it. I just hope that BI get's their shit together so we don't have mess with this. I been gaming for over 3O years and this is the first time I have to do this much tweaking to get a game running that doesn't even push my system. This game should be pushing my cpu and and gpus but it doesn't due to poor coding. I'll be patient and wait for some patches but I'm glad that I still have arma1 installed. Arma1 pushes my system more than this game. It's pretty obvious that this game inst new tech friendly. My system actually stresses the game and it should be the other way around. Don't get me started, I could even start on the LOD problems this game has too.

*If you set the CFG file to read only it doesn't overwrite.*

O.K., let say it this way,,,, it will be ignored. If you change it to read only, in this case it is like an effort to ignore, that the efforts to get it right, had no success so far ;)