Sign in to follow this  
figuare9

Horrible LAG!

My system shouldn't even come close to lagging on this game, I can run crysis on enthusiast, 100+ fps on cod waw on the highest settings, running all my games maxed out with 1920X1080 rez, And this game... 10 fps? Here's a quick copy paste of my dxdiag.

------------------

System Information

------------------

Time of this report: 6/9/2009, 19:43:25

Machine name: ****-PC

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7100) (7100.winmain_win7rc.090421-1700)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: System manufacturer

System Model: System Product Name

BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG

Processor: Intel® Core2 Extreme CPU Q6850 @ 3.00GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.5GHz

Memory: 4096MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 4094MB RAM

Page File: 2529MB used, 5658MB available

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

Display Devices

---------------

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295

Manufacturer: NVIDIA

Display Memory: 2671 MB

Dedicated Memory: 879 MB

Shared Memory: 1791 MB

Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (60.000Hz)

Output Type: DVI

To sum it up Im running 4 gbs of ddr3, a gtx 295 overclocked, and a 3.5 ghz quad core processor. Is this a problem on my end? or the engine of the game maybe? I know I shouldn't be getting any lag at all, regardless of the settings of my game. I'm not very knowledgeable of arma2, the engine, or anything else really, but I know I'm definitely having some framerate issues. I'm also using the latest Nvidia drivers, and have no problems with anything else.

My system shouldn't even come close to lagging on this game, I can run crysis on enthusiast, 100+ fps on cod waw on the highest settings, running all my games maxed out with 1920X1080 rez, And this game... 10 fps? Here's a quick copy paste of my dxdiag.

------------------

System Information

------------------

Time of this report: 6/9/2009, 19:43:25

Machine name: ****-PC

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7100) (7100.winmain_win7rc.090421-1700)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: System manufacturer

System Model: System Product Name

BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG

Processor: Intel® Core2 Extreme CPU Q6850 @ 3.00GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.5GHz

Memory: 4096MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 4094MB RAM

Page File: 2529MB used, 5658MB available

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

Display Devices

---------------

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295

Manufacturer: NVIDIA

Display Memory: 2671 MB

Dedicated Memory: 879 MB

Shared Memory: 1791 MB

Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (60.000Hz)

Output Type: DVI

To sum it up Im running 4 gbs of ddr3, a gtx 295 overclocked, and a 3.5 ghz quad core processor. Is this a problem on my end? or the engine of the game maybe? I know I shouldn't be getting any lag at all, regardless of the settings of my game. I'm not very knowledgeable of arma2, the engine, or anything else really, but I know I'm definitely having some framerate issues. I'm also using the latest Nvidia drivers, and have no problems with anything else.

Gtx295 was having issues, and some people fixed it by renaming their exe's to crysis.exe

lol, are you serious!? how in the world would that solve anything?

lol, are you serious!? how in the world would that solve anything?

I think it has something to do with properly recognizing the capabilities of gpu(s)

well, thanks for the reply, as reluctant as I am to believe it, I'll give it a shot and report back :)

EDIT: (After trying to rename the executable to crysis) Nothing.. No help what so ever. But It was worth a shot :P

Edited by figuare9

Did you do a search for your GTX 295 on the forums? Try it, there is some useful info in the threads.

Also, did you use the crysis profile in the nvidia settings after you renamed the exe?

Game runs flawless on ATI 4890 and 4870 at highest setting so it's a Nvidia 295 bug.

Game runs flawless on ATI 4890 and 4870 at highest setting so it's a Nvidia 295 bug.

Not for me it doesn't.

Slow textures, slow fps, flickering. I'm beginning to think the engine itself is just deeply flawed.

Getting SLI and the GTX295 does seem to be a bit hit and miss at the moment, I did get my SLI rig working well renaming the .exe to crysis, for others and yourself it appears that it doesnt help. What in game settings are you using, fillrate is a killer really at anything above 100%, Texture and Memory anything above High gave me stuttering and dropped framerates, and until I got SLI working I struggled having shadows set above normal, now I have it set to high. Id recommend setting fillrate to 100% the rest to normal and see how your FPS is then, then adjust settings until you get something your happy with. Also have you tried putting the -winxp switch at the end of your shortcut? also for your ArmA2 profile in the Nvidia CP have you tried setting the SLI mode to AFR2, also might be worth trying the Win7 Nvidia beta drivers if you havent already they are available on there site 186.xx I think. Just so you know im running @ 1920x1200 100% Fillrate High-Very High and get around 50-60fps, you can get the framerate but a hell of a lot of tinkering is required ;)

I get a bit of the flickering textures as well seen a few vids posted of it, it looks like its to do with bloom/shadows when ive noticed it most, im sure it was in ArmA1 as well

Not for me it doesn't.

Slow textures, slow fps, flickering. I'm beginning to think the engine itself is just deeply flawed.

Sorry i meant to say the 1gb versions.

Sorry i meant to say the 1gb versions.

If the 1gb versions arent having issues then maybe people need to look at the texture and memory settings as they seem to be tied together, setting memory and texture to very high gave me stuttering, high is fine, maybe people with less memory on the cards need to go to normal?

Nvidia 9600GT just won't run the game with decent frame rates. The only way to play it smoothly is to downgrade resolution to 1280x768, which gives poor picture quality with HD monitor. I guess I have to ditch the card :-(

Has anyone the game running smoothly in full HD?

Nvidia 9600GT just won't run the game with decent frame rates. The only way to play it smoothly is to downgrade resolution to 1280x768, which gives poor picture quality with HD monitor. I guess I have to ditch the card :-(

Has anyone the game running smoothly in full HD?

Yup. :)

See my specs in my sig. I can't fully max out the settings, as things like fillrate above 100% or high object details kill performance, but I can run the game with pretty high settings at 1080p. The lowest framerates I get are around 30+fps in Chernogorsk (occasionally drops to about 25fps in the campaign mission "Harvest Red"). In forests and smaller towns I get about 40+fps, but it's all upward from there. About 50+fps in open areas, 60+fps on Utes. :)

I can actually record with Fraps at 1080p@25fps, although it drops to 20-22 in Chernogorsk. :D

EDIT:

Just to make this post more helpful, I'll repeat what I've been saying everywhere for the past week:

- Set fillrate to 100% when playing on high resolutions like 1080p.

- Don't set terrain or object detail above medium, regardless of your other settings.

- Try setting shadows to very high instead of high. It can boost fps on fast gfx cards.

- Don't go overboard with your view distance. 1.5-2km is enough until they optimize it a bit more. 3km is possible if you don't mind losing some fps.

- Max out the anisotrophic filter setting. I see almost no performance loss between "disabled" and "very high" but there is a big visual difference.

- If you have a 512MB gfx card, set textures to high. If you have 1GB video memory, set it to very high.

Edited by MadDogX

Yup. :)

See my specs in my sig. I can't fully max out the settings, as things like fillrate above 100% or high object details kill performance, but I can run the game with pretty high settings at 1080p. The lowest framerates I get are around 30+fps in Chernogorsk (occasionally drops to about 25fps in the campaign mission "Harvest Red"). In forests and smaller towns I get about 40+fps, but it's all upward from there. About 50+fps in open areas, 60+fps on Utes. :)

I can actually record with Fraps at 1080p@25fps, although it drops to 20-22 in Chernogorsk. :D

EDIT:

Just to make this post more helpful, I'll repeat what I've been saying everywhere for the past week:

- Set fillrate to 100% when playing on high resolutions like 1080p.

- Don't set terrain or object detail above medium, regardless of your other settings.

- Try setting shadows to very high instead of high. It can boost fps on fast gfx cards.

- Don't go overboard with your view distance. 1.5-2km is enough until they optimize it a bit more. 3km is possible if you don't mind losing some fps.

- Max out the anisotrophic filter setting. I see almost no performance loss between "disabled" and "very high" but there is a big visual difference.

- If you have a 512MB gfx card, set textures to high. If you have 1GB video memory, set it to very high.

This might be an SLI issue then as I cannot set the textures to very high without causing stuttering, also I run my view distance at 3500 and dont notice and impact at all, seems you gain in some places lose in others :)

Appreciate the help, but really... Should we have to tweak our 295's or sli to play this game without lag? A multi-gpu card isn't very new, they've been around since 7950's i believe. We really need some more support for better systems and gpu. I've tried some tweaking with my settings and everything, but it doesn't seem to make any difference for me at all. Will keep trying, although im not sure how much its going to be worth it, with operation flashpoint being released very soon.

my nvidia 9800gtxOC runs the sim not bad at all . running latest nvidia drivers.

must be a issue with these cards?

Not for me it doesn't.

I have 1 gb 4890 but also am suffering sub-par fps etc. But i believe this being due to my 6000+ dual core. Ive read conflicting posts about the goodness/badness of this cpu, so Im still too confused whether to just wait for patches, or upgrade my CPU, and switchin to Intel is not an option.

Anyone having decent frames with a phenom II 955 x4?

i have round about the same performance(fps) how @MadDogX

with this system:

phenom x4 940 @ 3,7Ghz

2 x ati 3870 crossfire /cat 9.6 beta OC

4 GB DDR2-800

vista64

and this settings:

1920 x 1080 24"

3500m

100%

all @ "high"

only PP is "low"

with shortcut -winxp

Appreciate the help, but really... Should we have to tweak our 295's or sli to play this game without lag? A multi-gpu card isn't very new,
when you renamed the arma2.exe, did you change the .exe in the arma profile? in the 3dsettings in your Nvidia control panel.And you will always have to tweak multigpu cards... your Resolution is high and if your only getting one gpu to run then your on a underclocked gtx260.