Sign in to follow this  
max power

WIP: Stuff you are working on 2!

Demo of my mortar ballistic computer for ACE2 mortars. :)

sy5NL4ID3n0

I know it seems complicated, but once you understand the concepts and the acronyms it gets really easy. Plus you only have to set it up once per mortar deployment, and then you can just start taking fire missions. :)

The only confusing part I think in the video is referred deflection.

Referred deflection is the the deflection off of the line of fire. To explain it a little better first we have to understand the 0-3200 line.

If you set your mortar up to fire at 1600 mils, then you are on a straight line running through the compass at 1600<->4800 mils. If you rotate the an imaginary compass around so 0 is behind you and 3200 is the direction of fire you have what is called the 0-3200 line. You do all your deflection (rotation of the mortar) off of this line. You face down 3200, as it makes the math easier to do in your head (you dont have to do modulus to round around the top of the compass ;) ).

Now that you have your 0-3200 line, you need to set your aiming stakes (your fixed reference point) You could set this on 3200 but common practice is to set the sight unit minus 400 mils to 2800. This is a somewhat more natural angle. You can set it to whatever you want though. If you cant view your aiming stakes at 2800, set it to 1600, or 0700 or whatever works for your situation. Either way, this azimuth based off of the 0-3200 line is your Referred Deflection. This is very important to get right in the MBC or your returned computed azimuth to target will be very, very wrong. :eek:

I know this sounds like a lot of stuff, but I have found that most people that love to play indirect fire roles in ArmA2 also don't mind getting pretty technical about it. Otherwise the field is sorta boring (click, click, boom... over and over and over).

Hope you guys enjoy this and look forward to it sometime in the future. :D

Dutch Army Version 3.0 by Aeneas2020 & Binkowski (otherwise know as windmill productions...it was that or dutch oven productions)...

th_dutchdesv3day2a.jpg

th_dutchv3day1b.jpg

Or Dike Productions. But that might offend people, and it sounds kinda gay.

Anywheyy, I got bored today. So I made this simple dude.

boredds.jpg

One piece

I might make a project out of that, although I know DDAM is doing something similar, so it probably won't see the light. Just sheer boredom.

Or Dike Productions. But that might offend people, and it sounds kinda gay.

Anywheyy, I got bored today. So I made this simple dude.

One piece

I might make a project out of that, although I know DDAM is doing something similar, so it probably won't see the light. Just sheer boredom.

looks good mate...variety is always good i know raven will be interested in it.

I wish i could reach that level in textures just for boredom :D

Next time give me a call i'll send you some extra work :D

Edited by caprera

@NouberNou. Looks like a lot of hard work's gone into that mate. Very impressive.

Namman2, any chance of increasing the number of polys on your headlights? Would look a lot better with a few extra faces, as even though you can smooth the edge, from the front you will always see the straight edges! Other then that my friend, its looking good!

@NouberNou. Looks like a lot of hard work's gone into that mate. Very impressive.

Thanks! :)

Bink, dont forget about your Chedaki and CDF Special Forces!!

Man I really would love to see those released! They look awesome! :)

Bink, dont forget about your Chedaki and CDF Special Forces!!

Man I really would love to see those released! They look awesome! :)

he hasn't forgotten them ;)

The pattern looks to big in some spots Bink, also maybe change the shemagh to the green black one? I know it was just a bored creation, jsut suggestions :)

An-12B System cannons PV-23U(ПВ-23У)

0_20eb6_2add21c4_XL.jpg

0_20eb5_138c4856_XL.jpg

awesome... Will be available as position ?

Yep:)

Crew:

1.The first pilot

2.The second pilot

3.Navigator

4.Gunner

Yep:)

Crew:

1.The first pilot

2.The second pilot

3.Navigator

4.Gunner

Love your An12, but you may want to reconsider the Gunner position, as BIS don't support its animation/use on Aircraft class models

Gnat;1567560']...but you may want to reconsider the Gunner position' date=' as BIS don't support its animation/use on Aircraft class models[/quote']

This is bad news.

Do you have any ideas? Where? How?

Edited by alesh