Sign in to follow this  
max power

WIP: Stuff you are working on 2!

Awesome. Great work RHS. :icon_eek:

Do you know how it feels when you get used to a software, learn new procedures and just get better with it in general...and then you go back and look at some of your earlier works? Don't you hate it sometimes? ;)

AGM-65 "old" version (as actually in the Missilebox):

agm65_old.JPG

AGM-65 new version (reworked UV mapping and completely new texture, still WIP as some minor details are missing):

agm65_new.JPG

Myke;2102796']Do you know how it feels when you get used to a software' date=' learn new procedures and just get better with it in general...and then you go back and look at some of your earlier works? Don't you hate it sometimes? ;)

[/quote']

oooh man do i know that feeling :D

looks good myke :)

Oooh, an AGM-65E. Looking much, Much, MUCH better. On par with DCS: A-10.

I don't know if you already know this or not, but the E model has a clear lens, is gray because it's only in use by the Marines/Navy. :)

20060221_cvn71_usnv_t_s_jvb_mt01_4268_maverick.jpg

0_201108101650012lOWN.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-T_dVv8MgPho/Tx_QcY4C0xI/AAAAAAAAAjw/zzJUTXocWD8/s1600/AGM-65_Maverick_L_Laser_guided_raytheon_us_navy.jpg

http://wiki.scramble.nl/index.php/Raytheon_%28Hughes%29_AGM-65_Maverick#AGM-65E

What ever happened to the Lightning pod you were making? Is that waiting on the F-16?

@b00ce

my mistake on the lens, will fix that.

About the color: since in A2 we can't determine the "faction" (Army, Navy, Airforce, whatever), i decided to make a green E and a grey D version. It is this sort of compromise we have to make in A2. ;)

And about the AN/AAQ28, it is already in the Missilebox and the JAS-39 already uses it...although i have to admit it is only for cosmetical purpose as it doesn't have a real function. The use as magazine simply doesn't allow it.

:EDITH:

Here you can see a little of the D version:

missilebox40_comingsoon2.jpg

Edited by [FRL]Myke

Why not make the D green? I've seen more green Ds than gray. :p

Would it be possible to have the main body attached to the plane via magazine proxy and then attach the camera housing via attach to script? I saw the demo vid of it moving around a while ago.

I also had another idea for the AGM-65, but I'm not sure if it would work. It's out of my league for scripting, but that's not saying much. lol

I saw the demo vid of it moving around a while ago.

Aye, there it was "hardmodelled" on the plane so easy to animate it (was controlled by TrackIR, btw).

And sure, a lot things could be done with fancy scripts and whatnot. ;)

But i don't see any real benefit in making that effort since i've released the AN/AAQ28 MLOD as open source so anyone could implement it in their planes.

Maybe later i can/will look closer into it but actually i'm well loaded with stuff to do. ;)

Alright people, the screenshots you have posted are indeed quite impressive but take your promoting somewhere else.

@Max Power

sorry, wasn't meant as promoting, it was just the only screenshot i had at hand to show how the reworked textures of the AGM actually looks like ingame. Fixed that "promopic" now.

image.jpgCapture.jpg

army combat uniform WIP.. a break from my usual projects. I think I like the result. The trousers are having a little weighting issues atm.

also, that weapon is incredible.. awesome job by RHS.

@Fox, looking pretty nice there. I would say though, that to me at least, the bottom of the trousers looks a little "blocky" for lack of a better word. I think probably due to the little pocket the shape of the base of the trouser leg is quite square. It might be like that for a reason but thought I'd mention it.

@Fox, looking pretty nice there. I would say though, that to me at least, the bottom of the trousers looks a little "blocky" for lack of a better word. I think probably due to the little pocket the shape of the base of the trouser leg is quite square. It might be like that for a reason but thought I'd mention it.
The pocket doesn't help, but that can be helped easily by moving a couple verts. Where I joined the boots with the trousers is probably too close to where the next edge loops are (which is where the pocket is around). I've fixed it now, thanks for pointing it out :)

the knuckle protection is too high on the hand needs to be lower. Very small detail, but something I noticed.

the knuckle protection is too high on the hand needs to be lower. Very small detail, but something I noticed.

Might need to map your own gloves if you want to fix this, Fox, if you are using BIS hands/gloves, anyway. The knuckles are in a fucked up spot.

army combat uniform WIP.. a break from my usual projects. I think I like the result. The trousers are having a little weighting issues atm.

Looking good! ;)

Might need to map your own gloves if you want to fix this, Fox, if you are using BIS hands/gloves, anyway. The knuckles are in a fucked up spot.

They're johnny's gloves from his MLODs, so they're rather outdated in the first place. I'm not sure why they're off center, but I have no intention in keeping them anyway. Delta Hawk had an idea of baking a diffuse texture from a simple to texture glove (based on the bis gloves perhaps) to the BIS hands , something I'll probably do instead when I've got some time. I would assume weighting hands is probably a nightmare given how small the hands are.