Sign in to follow this  
max power

WIP: Stuff you are working on 2!

why do you post here if there is a thread for the subject already? read 1st post again

arma2oa_2011_10_27_18_51_38_66.pngarma2oa_2011_10_26_00_04_58_19.png

helmrails01.th.jpg

Work on the helmet goes on.. I'm probably going to reuvmap the helmet or retexture it at one point to give it more of a bumpy look. Credits to dasquade and my project partner bob.

Do not quote images!

New model of the Russian Airborne Troops :)

Like the look of them, good work

Edited by Foxhound

Good to see he's wearing eyepro on his crotch on the right of the 1st pic hahaha.

But in all seriousness those look awesome, great job.

Mostly just posting this because of the joy I'm feeling when I've finally been able to get the satmap/heightmap and surface-layers working properly so that I can start working.

Just a small map I'm working on based on the Shah-i-kot valley data.

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/2346/map1h.jpg

(that ridge with the bushes is the only part of the map with any objects on it so far, haha, everything else is empty. Might have to reduce the number of bushes though, might have heavy performance-impact)

Edited by McNools

you got mlod of that BAF Merlin??? :eek:

Arma2p tool unlcks them all, and so much more.

Nice job McNools. Don't worry about the bushes too much, you're working on a desert so you're doing just fine ;)

Thanks IceBreakr :) Good words to hear from a island-veteran! I hope the bushes won't be too much, there will be some more trees and vegetation down within the valley though (not the one you see on the picture, that one's desert). There will be more rocks aswell, I'm aiming for a very rugged and hostile environment, sort of like the Tora Bora-map. You should get the feeling the terrain itselfs hates you and helps the Takiban, haha :)

Arma2p tool unlcks them all, and so much more.

No, it just lets them be placed in Visitor, etc.

He got the MLOD (The source model, not just the P3D) through BIS, meaning he has permission to use/modify it.

A couple of more screens, I'm really happy with the result so far, but there's a looooong way to go.

One more from the distance:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/151/arma2oa2011110417182209.jpg/

One from inside the 'maze of death' as I now call it. The picture might not give it justice, but there's a lot of rocks and bushes. a bit worried about how the AI will handle it though, but hopefully it will be okay.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/824/arma2oa2011110417160017.jpg/

Will probably try to add a couple of 'semi-caves' here and there, boulders leaning against rocks etc. forming small places for the takiban to hide their supplies and sleep.

(if your'e wondering about the soldier, it's just a small experiment on creating a swedish soldier until there are better alternatives, using an AK5 from the Swedish Army Mod)

NightFX II:

Scripted lighting replacement, fully customizable in mission editor. Also enhances default lighting.

nightfx1.jpg

nightfx2.jpg

Non-Blinding sun III:

sunmodnew1.jpg

newsunmod2.jpg

Now includes a new 3rd person view lens flare.

Edited by Sakura_Chan

You're cheating - this can't be ArmA! xD

Great job, can't wait to try it :)

Sakura_Chan: I guess you're doing a better job that BIS is. Well done.

Here's what I'm currently working on (from top to bottom): LAPV 5.4 Enok, GTFz Boxer A1, ATF Dingo GE 2 A3.2 and Eagle IV GFF. Enok model shown is the hipoly for baking the normal maps, the rest are lopolies for use ingame. Together with some other bobs & bits I've been busying myself over the last couple months, they eventually might form a German ISAF Forces mod of sorts.

1105110153pm_th.jpg

1105111251am_th.jpg

1105110624pm_th.jpg

1001111046pm_th.jpg