Sign in to follow this  
max power

WIP: Stuff you are working on 2!

The AW-50 looks alright but we can't really critique it even as a high poly model in such stylized lighting.

Something for personal use only ...

AW-50

http://filesmelt.com/dl/AW-50_Render1.png

a lot of MB's.. but its worth the look!

Nice so far but do you mind if i make a few observations...

1 - The muzzle brake is too small. The way you have it, its almost like the L115A1. The 'combat' spec brake on the newer models is a lot bigger. Its almost like someone shoved a (shortened) 500ml Fanta bottle on the muzzle.

2 - The receiver height where it meets the barrel seem to be too low. in proportion to the forestock. On the AW50s I've handled, the barrel sits higher in the stock than you have it.

3 - The barrel are actually tapers along the length, you appear to have it straight. IE after the thicker end steps down the barrel reduces in diameter slightly until the muzzle brake.

4 - From the perspective in the pic its hard to tell properly, but the step down on the barrel looks too short. It should begin about a 1/3 along the forestock. And end at 1/2 to 2/3rds mark.

5 - Ditch the strap you have on the sight. That's for the cheapo polarised lens covers that come with cheap scopes. And before going into the real world are commonly replaced with flip ups and/or honeycomb Anti Glare/Reflection Filters.

6 - I don't know which nation's spec you are looking at but I would suggest you check your scope. It doesn't really match the length of the mil spec scopes I've used or seen in use. It looks rather more like a high end target scope for field target rifles. Also I'm reliably told that the AW50's (in UK use at least) are being upgraded with Leupold scopes. So you might want to check that out.

7 - The scope mount is too far back. They tend to be mounted further forward, almost to the front of the rail to ensure the shooter doesn't get a black eye. (I've seen it happen :P)

Nice so far but do you mind if i make a few observations...

1 - The muzzle brake is too small. The way you have it, its almost like the L115A1. The 'combat' spec brake on the newer models is a lot bigger. Its almost like someone shoved a (shortened) 500ml Fanta bottle on the muzzle.

2 - The receiver height where it meets the barrel seem to be too low. in proportion to the forestock. On the AW50s I've handled, the barrel sits higher in the stock than you have it.

3 - The barrel are actually tapers along the length, you appear to have it straight. IE after the thicker end steps down the barrel reduces in diameter slightly until the muzzle brake.

4 - From the perspective in the pic its hard to tell properly, but the step down on the barrel looks too short. It should begin about a 1/3 along the forestock. And end at 1/2 to 2/3rds mark.

5 - Ditch the strap you have on the sight. That's for the cheapo polarised lens covers that come with cheap scopes. And before going into the real world are commonly replaced with flip ups and/or honeycomb Anti Glare/Reflection Filters.

6 - I don't know which nation's spec you are looking at but I would suggest you check your scope. It doesn't really match the length of the mil spec scopes I've used or seen in use. It looks rather more like a high end target scope for field target rifles. Also I'm reliably told that the AW50's (in UK use at least) are being upgraded with Leupold scopes. So you might want to check that out.

7 - The scope mount is too far back. They tend to be mounted further forward, almost to the front of the rail to ensure the shooter doesn't get a black eye. (I've seen it happen :P)

woooowwww thanks for the wonderful advice, i will certainly use some of this!

but I'm not changing the scope and barrel again, its been a pain to re-do it already and its for personal use only so I just enjoy the look of it you see? :P

but this is some good advice, will use it! :D

is that deck walkable? where is that ship found? pretty cool

It is possible to walk on the deck only while stopping now.

However, I want to walk while moving in the future.

Arms can use Phalanx CIWS, VLS, and Otobreda 76 mm gun (proximity fuze supported) can be used.

Wolfsburg is developing this ship.

It will be released in the future.

Had some requests lately about porting my RACS mechanized brigade troops.

So I did a little retex of my GK units with that racs camo and I quite like the result.

But I don't know how long it will take for a release cause I'm actually quite busy with other projects that have more priority.

arma22010052512114736.th.png

And something that should look like some paratrooper of something..

Base models by the Great Jonny

arma22010052517595808.th.png

Nice Lennard, is the paratrooper wearing some ripstop clothing?

if yes, the lines are maybe bit too... well lets say I can see them from distance ^^

Yes he is. And now you say so yes they are indeed a bit too visible ;P

easy fix

Those guys look pretty damn epic!

Nice work Lennard!

Guys, I've got a problem here:

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/2471/dziwnyhelm.png

Here you have - I'm trying to recreate kevlar green helmet. To do this, I have removed most of nohq informations et and other crap, to make it as smooth as I can.

3 questions:

1. Why the heck there are these 2 brown spots on the helmet?! I cant remove them. My friend told me its UV mapping bug. Is that true?

2. If you look deeper, you will find color changes. There is CDF soldier next to my man to show it. There is small diffusion, you can see wrinkle on the rear of the helmet. Is that work of smdi files that I have never modified before?

3. And finally, what is the best way to add some scratches etc., because currently my helmet is smooth like hell, in fact it looks like paint-made.

for scratches, perhaps a metal texture should go there along with a normal map that makes it look like they are there

by metal I mean like shiny gray err

Guys, I've got a problem here:

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/2471/dziwnyhelm.png

Here you have - I'm trying to recreate kevlar green helmet. To do this, I have removed most of nohq informations et and other crap, to make it as smooth as I can.

3 questions:

1. Why the heck there are these 2 brown spots on the helmet?! I cant remove them. My friend told me its UV mapping bug. Is that true?

2. If you look deeper, you will find color changes. There is CDF soldier next to my man to show it. There is small diffusion, you can see wrinkle on the rear of the helmet. Is that work of smdi files that I have never modified before?

3. And finally, what is the best way to add some scratches etc., because currently my helmet is smooth like hell, in fact it looks like paint-made.

Ok man lemme help you out here and @fox...people over normal map shit, if ur trying to make micro scratches on a normal map ull end up with a mess.

1) The brown spots look like you may have missed a little tiny area around the top of the helmet on when you retextured it. I have retextured the CDF helmet several times and have never had this problem so it is not a uvmap issue (provided you havent some how actually edited the model). If you like send me a jpeg of your helmet texture and ill take a look at it.

2) On this if you want mate just send me the files as you have them now ill take a look. The wrinkle could be something you missed or it could be on the smdi. either way i'll look into it for you.

3) You can do some scratches on the nohq...your best bet however to make something look like a real world object is to learn to use the dodge and burn tools in photoshop. The dodge tool at a 70% opacity and 1 pixel width just scribbled across a green texture will give a nice scratched look. However you should also look at adding some ambient lighting and shading with the dodge and burn tool also. In fact if you want if you send me the texture ill make you an example and send it back.

I was thinking of bullet scratches, not micro scratches... hehe, nevermind.

arma22010052701575543.th.jpg

I'm just having a problem removing both rucksacks it's really starting to piss me off.

I'm just having a problem removing both rucksacks it's really starting to piss me off.

How exactly are you trying to replace the rucksacks?

Edited by Aeneas2020

You are trying to remove the rucksacks? How exactly...it looks like you have simply edited them out on the texture using black to replace the color...this won't remove the rucksacks in game you would need the mlod for that which isn't released.

There are two rucksacks in that picture, if I'm not mistaken; one black, one woodland marpat.

your right mate, my bad...just curious as to how he is attempting this but im sure we can figure out what the problem is if he lets us know.

your right mate, my bad...just curious as to how he is attempting this but im sure we can figure out what the problem is if he lets us know.

If I remember rightly, you need access to the MLODs. Something to with hiddenSelections, I think.

If I remember rightly, you need access to the MLODs. Something to with hiddenSelections, I think.

Yep, the rucksack is stuck to the binarized model. Will alpha channels work?

I mean maybe try editing the rucksack texture (it's in a seperate texture with all equipment If I remember correctly) to use a blank alpha channel, then save the texture as ..._ca.paa and replace the texture in the p3d?

If the rucksack has his own selection you also could create a hiddenSelection which would work perfectly.

Edited by Icewindo

Yep, the rucksack is stuck to the binarized model. Will alpha channels work?

I mean maybe try editing the rucksack texture (it's in a seperate texture with all equipment If I remember correctly) to use a blank alpha channel, then save the texture as ..._ca.paa and replace the texture in the p3d?

In theory that should work, though it would still cast shadow on the model because of the shadowvolume LOD.

In theory that should work, though it would still cast shadow on the model because of the shadowvolume LOD.

It might also cause some very wierd ghosting effects when viewing the model from the back. would be interesting to see though...also would the alpha only effect the diffuse or would it also effect the .as, smdi, and nohq? coz that might cause some issues in itself.

i tried the alpha channel method, thats why the one rucksack is black. The woodland one is from ACE I figured that one out as much, but I'm trying to find out the name of the selection on the model itself to see if I can "hide" it. It's almost making me angry enough to punch myself in the face.

hey guys

I have make a very wip tug truck model with tow bar .

Now i can starting better config , fixing some textures and more free time .

tug.jpg

have fun

eddyD

It might also cause some very wierd ghosting effects when viewing the model from the back. would be interesting to see though...also would the alpha only effect the diffuse or would it also effect the .as, smdi, and nohq? coz that might cause some issues in itself.

The _AS map (if left unedited) will screw your technique. Because it is only shown in shadow, your units will look great in full sunlight, but will get a nice big black rectangle on their backs and strap shadows when standing in shade, or even if their backs are to the sun.