Sign in to follow this  
max power

WIP: Stuff you are working on 2!

Thanks Rhodesy, yeah what I also noticed is that the dirt on the pants looks the same on everyone. I need to randomise the dirt across the textures and darken it. Its too light at the moment.

I aint that good at making highlights and stuff on textures in PS. If you can give me a touch mate, id appreciate it. I sent you a friend request on steam a few days ago.

Thanks man.

LBT6094 AOR1 wip.

Screen

Does anyone have some tips on making the molle webbings more 'pronounced', it's very hard to see it at the moment :(

Does anyone have some tips on making the molle webbings more 'pronounced', it's very hard to see it at the moment :(

Bake them onto the normal maps?

LBT6094 AOR1 wip.

Screen

Just have to add details. MOLLE stands out because of the pieces that make it up anyway. Stitching, thickness and in alot of cases, but not all, a different material all together.

Combine a baked normal map and as much detail on the diffuse as you can from a ref pic and you cant really go wrong. Depending on what textures size your using it'll either be easy or hard, bigger texture is much easier obviously, but remember if you use a big texture at the start to save it to something reasonable for ingame use.

aor1.jpg

Add the stitching and subtle light and shadows you see there and it will begin to stand out on it's own.

I think it is suffering abit from that current 'material overlay' you have on there aswell if that what it is. It is way too big at the moment for Cordura and that will make things harder to see aswell.

The loops will certainly stick out more once you add an AO and normal map.

EDIT - Nice sunbunnies, stagler. Although I do wonder why that bloke is giving CPR to a body bag.

Edited by CameronMcDonald

Well since this is Stuff you are working on 2, that's something he's working on. And he's just showing it to us. What's wrong with that? Great work Stags, really like the KLMK camo.

I am well aware what I called this thread and what I made it for, and so do you.

Thanks Bink, appreciated bro. KLMK suit is for Sif haha.

As posted previously Max, they are work in progress because "I havent fixed the wound textures yet".

As you might also notice. Every picture I have ever posted is staged.

Thanks,

bro.

Then nothing you showed in your shots is WIP and doesn't belong here. It's time you open up your own thread or use the combat photography thread.

@All

This is the last time I'm going to say this nicely. This thread is for posting wip material for meaningful critique. If the material posted here is not obviously WIP, you risk penalties for spamming.

Edited by Max Power

@colonel stagler, what Gorka's are the units wearing in this photo? I'm by no means an expert but I couldn't work out which version it was :)

@colonel stagler, what Gorka's are the units wearing in this photo? I'm by no means an expert but I couldn't work out which version it was :)

Gorka D.

@All

This is the last time I'm going to say this nicely. This thread is for posting wip material for meaningful critique. If the material posted here is not obviously WIP, you risk penalties for spamming.

Really don't get why you need to be so hostile about it, people post their models, skins, or whatever material as they work on them. Work in progress doesn't just mean raw models, skins, etc.

Gorka D.

Are you sure? Looking at stag's image the model's texture seems to lack the arm pockets found on the D, it looked like a mix of the R and S to me but like I say I'm not exactly knowledgeable in this area lol. For all I know it could be based on a different Gorka (and manufacturer) to normal. lol

Are you sure? Looking at stag's image the model's texture seems to lack the arm pockets found on the D, it looked like a mix of the R and S to me but like I say I'm not exactly knowledgeable in this area lol. For all I know it could be based on a different Gorka (and manufacturer) to normal. lol

Says the camo type in the files, also from what I understand they come in all types of shapes and sizes too.

Really don't get why you need to be so hostile about it, people post their models, skins, or whatever material as they work on them. Work in progress doesn't just mean raw models, skins, etc.

Sif

I'm not sure what you mean by hostile, unless hostile means I'm not leaving you to do whatever you please.

Commenting in public about how the forum is moderated is not tolerated on these forums, as I'm sure you are aware. There are acceptable channels for complaints and criticism, as I am also sure that you are aware.

+1 infraction for commenting on how the forum is moderated.

§18) No public discussion on how the forum is moderated

If you have questions/complaints/comments about the forum or moderators please PM them to a moderator, we will do our utmost to reply to any that we receive. If you have an issue that you feel cannot be solved by another moderator then please PM the head moderator (Placebo), he will be happy to look into the matter. You may also ask your questions in the "Ask a mod" thread; however that thread is not to be used to attack/rant against specific moderators or about specific rules but more for questions/answers.

Dont exactly know what type its called but its this one.

http://photo.qip.ru/photo/saimon137/96551261/large/125336236.jpg

Hey, Max Power, could you bold that part (about the advertising/critiquing) in the first post? A lot of people probably skim the first post. That way no one will gloss over it. And, to others, normally I'd feel the same way as you (Max Power can be very direct :P), but WIP work does have to be able to be critiqued (it's there in the first post).

Looking good stag. Can't wait for the next verison of Ruskies.

To Max power:

In the first post that you made

Post Only Your Own Work.

This thread is for artists to show off their WIP stuff and get helpful and useful comments and critiques

This is obviously something he hasn't released yet and is still working on, so posting pics for people to see is no problem. The first part of this is to show off. What's wrong with that?

I find it funny you accuse him of "hyping" up his units or referring to posts like his specifically as spam, when in fact you did the same exact thing only a few days ago in the Cold War Rearmed thread.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?129131-Cold-War-Rearmed²-Demo³&p=2103677&viewfull=1#post2103677

So hyping your own posts is allowed because people overlooked looked it and you want the extra attention is ok? It doesn't seem as if you are asking for critique so much there, regardless of whether it is work in progress or not, to me it seems as self-promotion and bragging about how much work you put into it. Don't get me wrong it looks sexy, but seriously 90% of this thread is just people showing off the cool stuff they having. It's more of a coming to modfolder near you thread then it is help me with this and that...

C S - Awesome work on the FSB SF, from what I can tell they are mighty spiffy.

JeffersPang - Nice start on the LBT, Are you making a SEAL mod or some such? Just love the gear the SEALs use. Been seeing more and more pics of SEALs with the Ops Core lid and Crye JPC but that's kinda not relevant. lol

C S - Awesome work on the FSB SF, from what I can tell they are mighty spiffy.

JeffersPang - Nice start on the LBT, Are you making a SEAL mod or some such? Just love the gear the SEALs use. Been seeing more and more pics of SEALs with the Ops Core lid and Crye JPC but that's kinda not relevant. lol

I'm collaborating with Fox09 at the moment, he mentioned a few weeks ago about creating AOR troops in his TF121 pack and I find working with an experienced modder will always produce higher quality addons :)

Could you please send me pictures of the SEALs with either the Ops-Core [in combat use, not training] and JPC please?

- J

edit: Here's the latest pic of the 6094a carrier, I've scaled down the Cordura texture and emphasised the molle webbings.

Edited by JeffersPang

Couldn't keep my filthy paws away from Visitor3, I've started on another small project, but I'm going to take it slow. It's another 5x5km terrain consisting mostly of nice rolling hills (which I'll add a lot of farmlands to), and a lot of dried riverbeds, it also has a coastline in the north. I realized that there is very few flatter Takistan-maps, and I wanted some variation after Hazar-Kot where I realized I enjoyed creating the desert area the most. We'll see where this turns out. Could be a good map for both tanks and infantry.

It looks quite natural. One thing that sticks out for me is the road seems quite well paved for such a rural seeming area in a third world country. Would this be a highway?

---------- Post added at 13:59 ---------- Previous post was at 13:54 ----------

Hey, Max Power, could you bold that part (about the advertising/critiquing) in the first post? A lot of people probably skim the first post. That way no one will gloss over it. And, to others, normally I'd feel the same way as you (Max Power can be very direct :P), but WIP work does have to be able to be critiqued (it's there in the first post).

That's a great suggestion.

---------- Post added at 14:10 ---------- Previous post was at 13:59 ----------

Looking good stag. Can't wait for the next verison of Ruskies.

To Max power:

In the first post that you made

Post Only Your Own Work.

This thread is for artists to show off their WIP stuff and get helpful and useful comments and critiques

This is obviously something he hasn't released yet and is still working on, so posting pics for people to see is no problem. The first part of this is to show off. What's wrong with that?

I find it funny you accuse him of "hyping" up his units or referring to posts like his specifically as spam, when in fact you did the same exact thing only a few days ago in the Cold War Rearmed thread.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?129131-Cold-War-Rearmed²-Demo³&p=2103677&viewfull=1#post2103677

So hyping your own posts is allowed because people overlooked looked it and you want the extra attention is ok? It doesn't seem as if you are asking for critique so much there, regardless of whether it is work in progress or not, to me it seems as self-promotion and bragging about how much work you put into it. Don't get me wrong it looks sexy, but seriously 90% of this thread is just people showing off the cool stuff they having. It's more of a coming to modfolder near you thread then it is help me with this and that...

Sigh.

Blackfox34

The CWR2 threads are the kind of thread I was indicating the other posters should start if they wish to post hype shots. That's what individual addon / mod threads are for ;)

+1 infraction for commenting on how the forum is moderated.

Since some people can't be trusted to follow the forum rules after repeated prompting, this thread is locked for an undetermined amount of time.

Just a heads up. We will be creating a new thread with more clearly defined rules to replace this thread. Watch this space for the new thread in the coming days. This thread is now indefinitely closed.

Edited by Max Power